Reasons to be cheerful......part one!

SandraB

Gold Member
Weighed this morning, only 6 days after last weigh in but have lost another 3lbs:D. So, if I still aim for my target of 10st I am exactly half way, I guess at 8 weeks that's pretty ok???

So the reasons to be cheerful....
:D I have lost 27lbs in 8 weeks
:D I am now 11st 13lbs, I haven't been 11 stone something since 2008!
:D My waist has gone down from 33ins to 29ins!!!!
:D I'm officially half way to target
:D I'm very nearly a healthy weight, I started out as obese!
:D Loads of my clothes fit me again, in fact some are actually tooooo big!
:D I can now wear a size 12-14 again
:D My surgeon is going to be thrilled that he doesn't have so much blubber to hack through when he does my hip replacement!

I think that'll do for now!!!! Gonna copy this to my Blog for future reference.

It's great that you have so many reasons, and have such a positive attitude x x

It's great that you have so many reasons, and have such a positive attitude x x

Wasn't like that a couple of days ago though was I? Honestly my moods are so up and down depending on how much I hurt.....that's why I posted this to my Blog...that way when I have a shitty day I can look back and hopefully cheer my miserable self up!!! Thanks for all your support Su, it means a huge amount to me, love you lots XXXXXXXXXXX:hug99:

Hey well done, keep going, don't let yourself down, no pain no gain!

Hey well done, keep going, don't let yourself down, no pain no gain!

Thanks, I keep taking the drugs and it's 5 weeks tomorrow until my op......can just about make it I think!

Amazing Sandra, well done!!

Well done Sandra, you've done so well. Its great once you start seeing the results, keep it up :)
Emma x

Hi Sandra
I love your reasons to be cheerful...part 1. If you can do so well on LT, despite your pain and your difficulties with having to take medication etc., I have no excuse. You're an inspiration.

Thanks Suse, that's really nice of you to say so..... But a lot of the time I'm just a miserable cow! But not for long.....x

Well done Sandra! I'm so happy for you :D You are such a wonderful person and you deserve to be pain free and happy all the time. Soon hun, soon ((hugs)) xx

Thanks Hun, I can't wait! Just been out for 'lunch' with a load of my girlfriends......not a morsel passed my lips, but have had to come home cos I couldn't sit any longer. They're going to bring bottles of champagne to my hospital bed on the Saturday after my op to celebrate! Of course I won't have any but I'll have my good friend morphine instead! X

Ps wore my size 12 jeans......no-one could believe it. Yesssssss!

Yayyy, size 12 jeans :) Yay to morphine too lol. When I did my ankle in a couple of years ago, I had 10 days on it via combinations of drips and orally, ooooo it was wonderful! lol. Had awful withdrawal mind when I came home. I was shaking for about a week. Was worth it mind lol

xx

Mmmmm must admit I take a lot of drugs these days, a bit scary even though they are all prescription......

Sandra, well done on getting to the half way point on your journey. The weight loss will make such a difference to your recovery after the hip job. Pain is a dread but just keep focussing on those great days post hip replacement when you will be fairly pain free again.
I love reading your posts as you always have a very sensible attitude to things and are very supportive.

Ah thanks Molly, that's really nice of you to say so! I've got just over 4 weeks to go until the op and would like to lose another 12lbs...don't think that's do-able however as I need to re-feed.....gonna try though! The thought of trying to drag myself around on crutches was really scary, as you say, it's going to be an awful lost easier! x

Back