Step 1 Sole Source Reassurance or advice please

Amy2249

Silver Member
Hello everyone.
I am looking for some advice and reassurance. I started CD on 27/5/13 and I am getting on really well with it and lost 9lb in the first week.

My problem is I booked a weekend at Butlins ages ago and it is next Friday.

I am away for 4 days and I am panicking as even though I will take all the products and intend to be on it I will be going with a big group and will probably end up looking unsociable when I can't go out for food etc.

I know that I will have a meal off or a weekend away at some point anyway but I feel like a failure if I break it after only 2 and a half weeks.

Has anyone else been in the same situation who can offer advice please?

Thank you

:break_diet:

Hey,

Meeee So in week three (this week) It is my 30th birthday and I had always planned to have a break. I also passed my exams and now have a degree. Its been hard work, I have had no birthday cake nothing. But I did have some pasta and a small amount of ice cream :( also my party is tomorrow. I can't drink on ss or ss+ so I have no option really. I ether eat and drink and party. But the hall etc is booked, so I need to eat fairly normally tomorrow.
It still feels wrong to be eating, it feels like I'm cheating. Its weigh in tomorrow morning. I'm dreading it. Though I guess next weeks will be worse. I think I'm most dreading talking to my CDC because she will give me a lecture :(

I too have unavoidable social occasions coming up, both for work and both in the same day aargh!

I have been panicking a bit as I had a planned dinner for my birthday at the end of the month but I was comfortable with that as I will be 6weeks in. I read a post where someone had said one healthy dinner will not make you skinny so one unhealthy dinner will not make you fat. Made me feel better and having an idea in my head of what is ok to eat and what isn't ok to eat helps! I spent some time reading through my book over and over again to get to grips with what is recommended on higher plans and I feel confident that I can absolutely make the right choice.

As long as you know that when you can have a Cambridge product that you stick to them and when your weekend is over you will be back 100% that one weekend will not affect your long term goal. Weight loss is a longer process than just a couple of weeks so having some time off and being sensible should be fine :)

Even when losing weight life happens and unexpected situation arise. Being prepared is key, the proof for me on that one will be next Thursday!

Don't allow one occasion to detriment your goal you have done well to get where you are already which shows you can do it!

Don't panic, just make sure you know the SS+ foods and stick with them. If I have to eat out I have a chicken salad and usually it doesn't effect losses.

Thank you everyone. I have looked at the book and I know what food is allowed so I will stick to the foods that are allowed and I will still have Cambridge products.

I am glad I'm not alone and I'm sure if I did have a bad meal it wouldn't undo everything and I will be back on it 100% when I get back.

Thanks again

I took a photo of the food page so I always have it with me on my phone :)

I also took a picture of the food page in my phone :) I managed ok this week with a 6lb loss even though I had eaten out. But we will see what happens next week. FYI the shakes are good for hangovers lol

I had a very similar issue. I'd booked a holiday abroad before I started. It was only myself and my Mum going, and she said to me straight off she wasn't prepared to eat alone every night. Plus, we'd paid for breakfast as part of the package.

So I went and had a really good time! I had breakfast, where I tried to be sensible, a pack for lunch, and then whatever I wanted for dinner! I drank. I had ice cream. I went a little over board but I was on holiday.

When I got back, I'd put on 6lbs. I'd kind of expected it.

However, I got straight back onto the diet. And a week later, I was the exact same weight I was before I'd gone on holiday. I lost all 6 lbs in a week!

At the end of the day, I had a fab holiday, ate some of the most delicious food I've ever tasted. And it only set me back the week I was away, and the week to lose the weight. So in my opinion, it was worth it!!

It's real life. Sometimes you've just got to go with it. The diet will be there when you get back.

Back