Recipes for foodpack, Muffin,crisps,fudge cake!

I think you misunderstood me. All I needed to know was that "you shouldn't do it because you won't be getting the nutrients you need"....

Okay, I'll try again. You shouldn't do it because you won't be getting the nutrients you need :D

Better now? :D

I've cut the bars out completely due to slow weight loss. I wanted texture - that's all!

I can understand that, really I can. It's a nuisance, but there is a lot to be said for thinking about it in another way as I mentioned in my last message. Still...doesn't help eh?

Have you tried the peanut and cranberry bars? They are lower in carbs than the others. Similar to the shakes

well I was going to say I'm looking forward to trying these recipes.....maybe I won't now *sob*. I enjoy using the fruit powder for my water, is the vegetable flavour one the same you just use it in hot water? It's great to see how well everyone is doing by the way xx

I can't really understand why this thread is still here (let alone a sticky) as we are so obviously not supposed to be doing the things it says! Nobody appears to be listening to KD either, just going off and doing what they want? :sigh:

I'm of the opinion that counsellors and moderators know a lot more about CD than I do, and therefore I'm going to listen to them and do as I'm told, because I don't want to jeopardise the diet's effectiveness. Advice is only offered for our own good, so it should be taken on board and not ignored imho.

That said, my CDC did tell me last night that I could melt bits of my bars to make 'cookies', so I tried it today - disaster (burnt lumps basically!). So I'm going to stick to the diet as it should be, and just dream about slap-up dinners etc. for when I've lost the weight. This isn't 'real food', so don't let's pretend it is! It's a means to an end, and surely the end will be worth it when we get there, even if the path is a bit tedious in places! (I for one am grateful to the CD makers - they are obviously busting a gut to try and make the diet nice for us.)

Although I did cheat a bit this weekend :)(), I'm doing my best to remain "in the zone" - my resolve certainly wouldn't be strengthened by making a 'muffin'! I'd rather plan to eat a real one when all this is over, quite frankly. Am I alone here, or do others agree? :confused:

Reactions: KD
I can't really understand why this thread is still here (let alone a sticky) as we are so obviously not supposed to be doing the things it says! Nobody appears to be listening to KD either, just going off and doing what they want? :sigh:

It's the same the whole world over;) You can only advise and give the facts, then people get to chose whether to take that advice or leave it. I may well continue to bump it up with the recommendations again so that any new people see it and can make an informed choice.

Why is it still a sticky?

You wouldn't believe how many times I've wanted to unstick this one, and maybe people have noticed that I haven't moved it to the general info forum as it's as unofficial as you can get.

But...I've left it as a sticky as I see no logical reason why that 'extra' pack can't be used if people feel they need something different. After all, they could throw the shake down the drain without coming to harm, and eating it in the form of one of the recipes will do no harm as long as they are having recommended shakes for SS without cooking them.

If I unstuck the thread, there is a good chance that people will miss the warnings along with the recipes. They may well make their own creations without realising the implications. So for the time being it stays stuck.

Am I alone here, or do others agree? :confused:
Well I agree :D and really appreciate your input :clap:

I agree KD. When I told a friend that I was starting CD for the first time she came out with "Oh I've done that and lost on it, you can make crisps and cookies and all sorts with the stuff". Well I thought I'd better know all the facts before starting so checked this site and saw your post. Thank god I did or I would have been doing it all wrong. xx

KD - perhaps you could amend the first post (not sure if you can after all this time) where the recipes are given and just warn people there? Some may not read the whole thread just skim through.

KD - perhaps you could amend the first post (not sure if you can after all this time) where the recipes are given and just warn people there? Some may not read the whole thread just skim through.

I did. Bright red, first paragraph, first post. Obviously not noticible enough :(

Even if I got a loud speaker, I reckon people would just turn the sound down on their computers. :D

Can we not just live and let live? in stead of critising other peoples ways of doing it.. when i get to go back to cd, i shall indeed be making muffins.. maybe not muffins actually after my bad incounter of it tasting like ming.. and jelly.. and other stuff.. i still indeed shall be warming up my peanut bars.. god i miss them.. i may even try to make some crisps.. was never brave enough to before.. doesn't mean im destined to fail, or the such like.. lol
x

Can we not just live and let live? in stead of critising other peoples ways of doing it..

I don't think people are criticizing as such, just want people to be aware that as far as Cambridge are concerned, it's not part of the diet because it's not classed as safe.

I remember a time when people thought that the recipes were a part of cambridge. Safe, legal etc,. now we know it's not, I think people should have the right to the info.

So, everyone has the right to do what they want. They can undercut their points on WW, they can do a diet with a vitamin pill and glasses of water, if that's what they want, but I don't think it would be much of a forum if people weren't given an informed choice.

I totally agree.. i know it isnt the CD way of doing things.. but my point is that all through this thread people have been advised that it IS NOT reccomended by cambridge.. and still we have comments about it not being "proper".. From what i can gather on a number of occasions you have made people aware of the right cambridge offical guidance, but still you have to repeat it for people.. You ever said how you have highlighted the infomation in the first post in red to make it obvious to everyone..
That was all my point was.. that the info is there for people to read, and go along with should they want to, but still we have posts that suggest it should not be a sticky, etc.. I guess you just can't please everyone.. hehe.. :D
x x

ok, im ready to be shot down in flames for the question- but...
im doing ss aam, can i still make muffins??
i like the muffins and struggle to eat the shakes (or should i say drink?) i always have the extra fluid on the side, but if its a question of make or break the diet, surely its better to do that than not do it at all? i have tried just bars and just briks, but that doesnt work, for me anyway...
what do you think?
thanks in advance...
tx

ok, im ready to be shot down in flames for the question- but...

No shooting ;)
im doing ss aam,

Really depends on how you define aam. There is no aam any more (well, it's not called that now). So, do you mean SS+ (with food) or 810?

im carb free but i am adding a ww yogurt as im intolerant to milk.
does that help?
and thanks for not shooting:D

I understand the yoghurt, but there isn't a carb free plan on cambridge :D

Anyway, I think the official answer would be "no", but talking of shooting, please don't shoot the messenger :D

Anyway, I think the official answer would be "no", but talking of shooting, please don't shoot the messenger :D
...especially when the messenger has a weight loss as good as yours, lol (let's face it, you're a pretty good advert for CD, AND for doing it correctly! :)).

Back