enjoy Helen :)
my weight loss is 3st 10 since easter monday :D

Ginger Scan Bran Cake

5 scan bran
1 heaped tsp ginger powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
5 tbsp sweetener sugar
1 egg

Bash scan bran into bits. Just cover the scan bran with enough boiled water. If you add too much it's too runny and won't "set". Beat in egg and add sweetener and ginger.
Mix well and put into shallow baking tray/dish.

Cook in microwave for 8 mins or so until springy at edges

morrisons have it all the time here ..it seems if 5 people put in complaint to asda they will get it in your area shop ..worth a try x

Oh I never thought about Morrisons but mind it is a shop which I tend not to go to! But I will go at weekend and get some if they defo stock it!! Like u say also I should try the Asda request form me and few of my SW mates!! Cheers x

hi mojo, i recognised your name from vamps sw forum, do you know whats happened to it, can find it anywhere ? :wave_cry:

Hiya.
No, I've no idea.:confused:I googled and found TinaDiva on another site, and she doesn't know either. She'd emailed Nikki (Vamp) a couple of times, but hadn't had an answer:sigh:

WOW. New Quiche, FREE on Green! AND Croquettes.

Following on from the AMAZING revelation that cous cous can be used as a 'crust' for croquettes (and 101 other things!), I have devised a FABULOUS new recipe. Well, I think it is, anyway, and it's deffo in my 'top 5' "Are you SURE you're on a diet?" list! lol

SW QUICHE:
Now excited about couscous, I had a good think, and came up with this really substantial SW Quiche.

Soak your COUSCOUS in water. I added a little VECON to the water. You could use Bovril, or maybe use Ainsleys' couscous. Once 'cooked' tip into a flan dish (or, in this house, the lid of a pyrex dish sprayed with FRYLIGHT! lol). Use a fork or spoon to smoosh your couscous neat and flat, and bring it up the sides to form an edge/crust. Bung in the oven until just golden. Then add whatever variation of SW quiche mixture you like, but I used one pack of QUORN FAJITA STRIPS, with a mixture of SMOOTH COTTAGE CHEESE, QUARK, and three EGGS. Bake for about 15 mins, or until firm, and your 'crust' has gone brown and crispy, and voila, a REALLY 'realistic' quiche! Just like a proper pastry one! This is nice warm, but 100x nicer once cooled.

The more I think of it, it's more like a pie than a quiche.

Hope you like. :)

Jo
x

Last edited:
Mini ham Quiches.
Made this yesterday and i love them.
Makes 9
9 slices ham I used smoked ham.
3 eggs beaten
cottage cheese
sliced tomato
chopped onion Cooked
chopped mixed peppers Cooked
pepper
In a muffin tin spray some frylight and line each base with a piece of ham, then i put a slice of tomato onto ham, you can put tomato on top of completed quiche before they go into oven but i thought it gave a bit more stability. Mix other ingredients together and pour into your ham and tomato lined muffin tin, bake in oven at 150c foe about 30-35 mins. Great for buffets or just snacking on. xxx Loobylou

Following on from the AMAZING revelation that cous cous can be used as a 'crust' for croquettes (and 101 other things!), I have devised a FABULOUS new recipe. Well, I think it is, anyway, and it's deffo in my 'top 5' "Are you SURE you're on a diet?" list! lol

SW QUICHE:
Now excited about couscous, I had a good think, and came up with this really substantial SW Quiche.

Soak your COUSCOUS in water. I added a little VECON to the water. You could use Bovril, or maybe use Ainsleys' couscous. Once 'cooked' tip into a flan dish (or, in this house, the lid of a pyrex dish sprayed with FRYLIGHT! lol). Use a fork or spoon to smoosh your couscous neat and flat, and bring it up the sides to form an edge/crust. Bung in the oven until just golden. Then add whatever variation of SW quiche mixture you like, but I used one pack of QUORN FAJITA STRIPS, with a mixture of SMOOTH COTTAGE CHEESE, QUARK, and three EGGS. Bake for about 15 mins, or until firm, and your 'crust' has gone brown and crispy, and voila, a REALLY 'realistic' quiche! Just like a proper pastry one! This is nice warm, but 100x nicer once cooled.

The more I think of it, it's more like a pie than a quiche.

Hope you like. :)

Jo
x
Great idea Jo will try this one for sure. Thanks for sharing. xxx Loobylou

Tuna Fishcakes - Free (if using tuna as a B) on a green day

* 1 big bag smash (or real pots)
* 113g tuna in brine (1 HExB)
* Handful of sweetcorn
* 4 finely chopped spring onions
* 1 egg

Make the smash and add the sweetcorn and spring onion.
Give it a good stir round then add the tuna. Add an egg to help bind the mixture.
Fry very slowly (in frylight) so they go all nice and crispy.
I'm going to have these with a green salad and coleslaw (2.5 syns).

You can also add a little chilli powder to give it a kick too.

Also - I like them as above, but you can coat them in breadcrumbs (1B) if you prefer.

I have just made these and they are delish!!!!
I made 3 and ate the full lot with noodles and stir fry. I'm stuffed now.

These will def become a regular on my diary!!

Hiya, one of my fave free red recipies is:

1 chicken breast
2 babybell lights (Hex A)
2 - 3 pieces of lean bacon

Serves 1

Make a pocket in the chicken breast and place the 2 babybell inside. Wrap the bacon round the chicken breast and place on a baking tray cook on medium heat in the oven for 25 mins and serve with fave veg.

yum that is gorgeous! love it

I am surprised that no one has posted this one yet...its wonderful!

Smash Pizza

Packet Smash - I just use the plain one
Mushrooms
Sweetcorn
Peppers
Onion
Passata
Mixed herbs
Garlic
Cheese (I use mine from either HeA or HeB)

1. Mix up quantity of smash - make it thick enough to mold.
2. Spray baking tray with frylight, shape smash onto tray in whatever shape you like (I just keep to standard circle!), spreading it out thinly. Spray the top of the smash and put in pre-heated hot oven (around 200) cook until crisp. I turn mine over during cooking so that its crispy!
3. Warm through the passata, garlic and mixed herbs.
4. When "base" is cooked, spoon over the passata mixture. Sprinkle over chopped mushrooms, sweetcorn, peppers and onion.
5. Top with grated cheese and return to oven until cheese golden.

I dont tend to eat anythingelse with this as its soo filling! Even Hubby and Daughter like this version.

I am surprised that no one has posted this one yet...its wonderful!

Smash Pizza

quote]

I've seen this mentioned loads, but have yet to try it. Thanks for the reminder.

Your'e welcome...I love this pizza!!!

Also, I know there is this huge debate about whether or not lasagne made into doritos is synned, but until there is 100% confirmation, I made this the other night and its delicious!!!!

Nachos
lasagne sheets
1oz grated cheese
passata and a small quantity of chopped tomatoes to give a bit of texture
mixed herbs
garlic clove crushed
Gherkins

1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees
2. Par boil Lasagne sheets until floppy and chop them into triangles on chopping board.
3. In saucepan, warm through passata, chopped tomatoes, mixed herbs and crushed garlic.
4. Slice gherkin.
5. Put lasagne triangles on baking sheet spray with frylight and put in oven until golden brown and crispy.
6. In a serving bowl, put lasagne "Doritos", pour a little of the tomato sauce mixture on top, sprinkle with gherkins and add the cheese over the whole lot.

Tastes just like Nachos and is wonderful!!!
Syns - Free on Green if counting cheese as HE.

Again would like to add that there is a debate about the lasagne sheets, so I dont cook this too often just to be on the safe side, but is wonderful sat in front of a good film!!!

Greek Green beans

2 Syns for the whole lot.

400g can haricot beans drained
3 garlic cloves crushed
425ml veg stock
1 bay leaf
2 sprigs oregano
1tbsp tomato puree
juice of 1 lemon
1 small red onion chopped
1oz pitted black olives, halved

Put everything in a pan except the olives. Bring to the boil then simmer for about 1 hour or until the sauce has thickened.

Stir in the olives, season with salt and pepper. Can be served warm or cold.

I tend to use more olives and adjust the syn values also I us dried oregano and the bottled lemon juice.

Oooo my father is greek....

I have one for beans but has some oil in it but can be done with tomato sauce and that is amazing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back