Recipes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
chicken & bacon quiche

enough cooked chicken and bacon to cover bottom of dish chop one onion sprinkle over it whisk 4 eggs and 1 tub cottage cheese with onion & chives or original and pour over add salt & pepper cook in oven for 30 mins or until set and brown this can be adapted by substituting chicken & bacon for anything else

its free on a red day

that sounds really tasty will give it a try.:)

houmous....

chickpeas, 1/2 fried onion, 2 cloves garlic, paprika/chili, 3 tbsp nat yogurt blend it all together... depends on consistency you like

I also add some fresh coriander.

Inspired by Mod Karens totally stuffed mushrooms I just made a variation so thought I would share

I really fancied it bought the mushrooms etc got home and OMG no laughing cows in the house!! panic what am i going to stuff my mushroom with now !! I was starving so thought on the hop
i took the mushroom and took the stalk out chopped this up combined it with some chopped red pepper, some leeks a bit of grated carrot(i add grated carrot to everything at the mo?) and some garlic (about half a clove) and bunged them in the non stick frying pan to cook them off a bit i then stirred it through some VLF cottage cheese and bunged it in the mushroom and baked off as per Mod Karens recipie I served this with 3 new spuds which i had parboiled then put in the oven to turn into roastie style jackets was lush! and a totally free green day tea :)
so it works with cottage cheese also :)

Dhal Curry

· 200g (14 oz) red lentils
· 1 large onion, diced
· Frylight
· 2 tablespoons curry paste, such as Pataks
· 1 tablespoon curry powder
· 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
· 1 teaspoon ground cumin
· 1 teaspoon chilli powder
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon caster sugar
· 1 clove garlic, minced
· 1 teaspoon minced root ginger
· 1 (600g) jar passata
preparation method

1. Wash the lentils in cold water until the water runs clear (this is very important or the lentils will lose texture). Put the lentils in a pot with water to cover, and simmer covered until lentils are tender, about 20 mins (add more water if necessary). When the white scum (sounds gross sorry) comes to the surface, skim to remove.
2. While the lentils are cooking: In a large frying pan or saucepan, caramelise the onion in frylight.
3. While the onions are cooking, combine the curry paste, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, chilli powder, salt, sugar, garlic and ginger in a mixing bowl. Mix well. When the onions are cooked, add the curry mixture to the onions and cook over a high heat stirring constantly for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the passata and reduce heat, allow the curry base to simmer until the lentils are ready.
5. When the lentils are tender, drain them briefly (they should have absorbed most of the water but you don't want the curry to be too wet). Mix the curry base into the lentils and serve immediately.

Serves 8 - 1 syn per serving on green.

Spicy Carbonara

1 tin of Morrisons rigatoni carbonara (11 sins on green)
extra pasta (however much you want)
mushrooms
pepper
sweetcorn
jalapeno peppers
tomato purree
Cheese of you choice from HEX (i use parmesan)

I have this dish every saturday night and I look forward to it all week. It is really delicious and will serve 2 people with a Jacket potato or if you have a good appetite like me just eat it on its own.

Boil some pasta (about a cup full)
While that is cooking pour the carbonara into a dish. Fill the empty tin with a little water to get all of the sauce out. Add a good squirt of Tomato purree and mix.

Add your sweetcorn then chop your pepper, mushrooms and jalapenos and mix in.

When the pasta is cooked add that and mix it all together.

Put into a ovenproof dish and cover the top with cheese.

Whack it in the oven for about 45mins on Gas Mark 6/7. Have a glass or 2 of wine while you wait and enjoy!! You won't be disappointed.:)

boozy chocolate mousse.. Another mullerlight special...yummy

Boozy Chocolate Mousse
Satsuma’s or an orange
25ml of either brandy or Cointreau
Sweetener
2 Muller Light chocolate yoghurts
1 sachet gelatine
1 egg white

• <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">Dissolve the gelatine and leave to cool. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">Peel, chop and remove pips from the fruit, place in a bowl and sprinkle on the sweetener and alcohol. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">Mix the yoghurts and fruit and stir in the cool gelatine. Put in the fridge.
  • When the mix is beginning to set, whisk the egg white until stiff and fold into the chocolate mixture. Chill.
Brandy: 2½ syns

mullerlight cous cous cake

Cous Cous Cake.

4 oz plain cous cous
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Muller lite yoghurt any flavour to your liking
4 tablespoons of canderel or alternative.

Cover cous cous with boiling water and let it stand for ten minutes. Whilst you are waiting mix two eggs, baking powder, mullerlite yoghurt and sweetner together.

Then add the cous cous to the mixture. Transfer to a microwaveable cake tin and microwave for ten minutes, eat either hot or cold.

Ginger Lemon and Lime Layer.. more mullerlight treats

Ginger Lemon & Lime Layer
11 syns for the lot Serves approx 8

Ingredients;

Herbal Tea Bags x 2 (Lemon & Ginger)
Lime Sugar Free Jelly (2 syns)
Grapes, Bananas
Banana Mullerlight yogurt x 2
McVities Go-Ahead Ginger Crisp Biscuits (1 & half sins each biscuit)

Method;

Soak teabags in half pint of boiling water for 5 mins. Make up jelly using tea mixture and top up with water to 3/4 pt. Pour in dish and add grapes. Put in fridge to set. Slice bananas, arrange on top of jelly, then top with banana Mullerlight. Crush biscuits (approx 6) as a topping. This looks very pretty in a glass dish.

Ice Cream.. mullerlight again....

Ice cream

Ingredients

1 Tub Quark Cheese
2 Favourite Flavoured Mullerlight Yogurts
2 Tsp Sweetener
Chopped Fruit (Optional)

Method

Mix all together well, freeze for 1 hour, remove, mix again well then put back in to the freezer.

I have made this and it is lovely you do need to take out of the freezer a bit before serving as it is not your soft scoop! but worth the wait.

Not sure if this recipe has already been posted, but never mind if it has. It is from the free booklet that came with a SW mag recently.

Chicken Jalfrezi - for 4, syn free

4 chicken breasts
1 onion
1 red and 1 yellow pepper
2 garlic cloves
1 inch of fresh root ginger
Fry light
1 tablespoon medium curry powder
1 teaspoon each of ground cumin and coriander
salt and freshly ground black pepper
handful of fresh coriander
400g can of chopped tomatoes

1.Place the chicken between sheet of cling film and flatten with rolling pin. Cut chicken into strips and put to one side. Prepare the other ingredients - finely slice onions, deseed and slice peppers, crush the garlic and grate the ginger.

2. Spray a pan with frylight and cook the onion, peppers, garlic and ginger for 6-8 mins. Add curry powder, ground cumin and coriander, season and stir for 1-2 mins.

3. Throw in the chicken and cook for 4-5 mins. Roughly chop the coriander and stir in the pan along with the tomatoes and 3.5fl oz of water. Cover and simmer for 15 mins or until chicken is tender.

I serve this with either 28g of dried rice (cooked of course) or cooked veg, such as cauli, broccoli, etc. It is absolutely gorgeous and is even better the next day.

Not really a recipe.. but smash mash with fried leeks and cheese

Make the smash as usual.. add salt and lots of black pepper.. fry off some chopped leeks till brown then add the smash to the pan and mix.. shape into a cake then add grated cheese (HEa )on top and put under the grill till browned

Make the smash as usual.. add salt and lots of black pepper.. fry off some chopped leeks till brown then add the smash to the pan and mix.. shape into a cake then add grated cheese (HEa )on top and put under the grill till browned

Hhmmmm yummy - I don't think it will be that long until I make this one. Ta for that.:thankyou:

Double Pasta Lasange

Serves 4-6 approx 1/2 syn on green

Here you go:-

2 Macaroni Pasta and Sauce
2 tins of chopped toms
1 packet of quorn mince
1 tsp artificial sweetner
1 onion
1 clove garlic
1 tsp mixed herbs
Lasange sheets (amount depends on the size of your dish)
Enough cheese to cover the top

Chop the onion and crush the garlic. Fry in frylight until soft. Add the tomatoes and artificial sweetner. Cook for about 10 mins and then add the herbs. Then add the quorn mince and cook over a low heat until quorn mince is cooked.

Meanwhile, make up the pasta'n'sauce. I use a HEXA of milk to make it really creamy but it's up to you if you just want to use the water. Make sure that you don't make the pasta and sauce too thick as this is going to be your white sauce.

Place a layer of the mince in a lasange tray or whatever you usually use. Then cover the mince with your lasange sheets. Then cover the lasange sheets with a layer of pasta and sauce. Then cover the pasta and sauce with mince. Then cover the mince with lasange sheets, then the lasange sheets with the last bit of pasta and sauce, and then, finally sprinke with the cheese.

Cook in the oven for about 45 mins at 180 degrees, until cheese is bubbling and lasange sheets cooked.

We all had this tonight and the kids loved it.

There's a sad floppy leek in my fridge just waiting to be turned into this recipe, lol.

Not exactly going to make this but gave me inspiration leeks in the mash on the top of bean pie !

Mr G is at present fed up of bean pie i need to keep varying it lol

recipie requested in the Quark Mac cheese thread

OK forgive me because im no Nigella or Delia and I just bunged this together so I didn’t add or weigh anything I cant even remember how long I cooked it for I just did it till I thought it was done

You will need

Frozen Spinach – id say 300g
A tub of Quark
6 Laughing Cow extra lights
1 or 2 garlic cloves
1normal size tin of chopped tomatoes
12 (ish) lasagne sheets
1 onion
Fry light
Salt
Pepper
Dried or fresh Oregano
Dried or fresh Basil
Grated nutmeg

In a bowl combine the most of the quark with the spinach and 4 of the Laughing Cow Extra Light add some salt and pepper to taste

In another bowl combine the last 2 Laughing cows with the remained of the quark

Drain a bit of the juice off the tinned tomatoes but save some of it and place them In a non stick saucepan with some garlic oregano and basil and salt and pepper to taste warm through to form a tomato sauce,

Boil the lasagne sheets for a few minutes till they are not quite cooked but nearly there

Take a lasagne dish and spray with a little fry light

Place a later of the tomato sauce on the bottom of the dish then place a layer of lasagne sheets on top of it then a layer of cheese and spinach mixture on top of the lasagne and top with a layer of tomato sauce then another layer of lasagne build this up till you have used all your lasagne sheets and tomato and spinach sauces make your last layer a layer of lasagne sheets

top with the cheese mixture (the one without spinach in) , sprinkle with a little nutmeg and if you have a HEx or syns left sprinkle with a little grated cheese place in the oven and cook till done, it didn’t take more than half n hour as the pasta was already done

Gen x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back