Red Day Lunches - bored of Salads!

Charleybarley

Gold Member
Hey all

As the title suggests I am doing red days during the week and I am bored of the old Salads already! I have no problem with evening meals. But salads at lunchtime are getting tedious. Can anyone suggest some lunches that are red and not salad related purlease? I only have a fridge and a microwave at my disposal at work.

Thanks xx

What about sw quiche (eggs, cottage cheese, ham, peppers, mushrooms)

Or use ur hex b choice for prawn, ham salad sandwich

Ham frittata is nice next day

If you search this forum there are around 400 threads looking for lunch ideas thrted also a lunch ideas sticky thread in recipes

What about sw quiche (eggs, cottage cheese, ham, peppers, mushrooms)

Or use ur hex b choice for prawn, ham salad sandwich

Ham frittata is nice next day

Hmm quiche, I forgot about those! Thanks I will give it a go. I thought of a sandwich but I am trying not to eat bread. Quiche will most defo be on my list next week.

Thanks

If you search this forum there are around 400 threads looking for lunch ideas thrted also a lunch ideas sticky thread in recipes

Thanks starlight I know where the lunch sticky is and I do look, but I was looking for red days lunches specifically and one that doesn't involve salad. The above posts have helped. ?

About three weeks ago I made a list of all the vegetables that I could put into a salad and decided to have a different salad every day. Today I got a packet of mixed radishes - some of them were purple!! Sadly they all tasted the same, but they looked great sliced in the salad.

So far I haven't repeated any of them. Haven't got bored yet!

What about taking leftovers from your evening meals? I like to make the Malaysian red pepper and chicken curry from the Taste of Asia cookbook. It makes up a big batch so I usually have a big plateful of that with some green beans for tea and then whatever is left I can take to work the next day :)

Back