RED DAYS diary!!

16.08.2012 RED DAY

b/fast: 35g allbran, 1 banana, 80ml s/smilk, coffee
Lunch: SPicy, roast BNS and pepper soup and alpen light bar (extra spicy as the lid to the chilli pot fell off!!)
Dinner: "fry up" 2x poached eggs, 2 rind free bacon, 1 Tesco lighter choices sausage (1), mushrooms and tinned tomatoes and alpen light bar
(will be having a caramel latte this evening (5))

HEA1: 250ml s/smilk
HEA2:
HEB1:35g all bran
HEB2: 2 x alpen light bars
SYNS: sausage (1) latte (5) = 6

DRINKS: 1500/2000
+coffee
+Latte

Spicy roast BNS and pepper soup

1 ButterNut Squash
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 onion
handful of frozen carrots (could use fresh)
vegetable stock
chilli powder

cut a BNS into big chunks (i cut mine into about 6) (skin on)
cut up 1 red and 1 yellow pepper place on a baking tray with BNS.
put in oven GM 6 for about 20 mins until soft.
soften onion in a pan, add veg stock and carrots, cook until carrots are soft, add pepper and BNS. add chilli powder and blend until smooth. season with salt and pepper to taste

Last edited:
Subscribing cos your recipes look nummy :eat: hehe
Good Luck! I'm sure you'll do fab and as you mostly do red days i can pinch your ideas lol :) xx

ooohh pixie I am subbing to you as well then to pinch YOUR ideas lol :eek:)

Hehe i doubt i'll have any to pinch i'm sooo fussy :eek: But you obviously very welcome anytime :) X

You must need to post more - are you new to minimins? I think u need 50 posts before you can do stuff like that. You might be able to find it in the SW diaries section - its called spartys food and recipe diary

17.08.2012 RED DAY

b/fast: 2xalpen light bars
Lunch: Spicy BNS soup (from yesterday) with 3 rashers of crispy bacon (fat removed) mixed in
Dinner: salmon fillet with 200g baby new potatoes, carrots, runner beans and baby corn, topped with a sauce made from philly light (70g) juice from 1/2 lemon,garlic and parsley (do not recommend this sauce haha! was ok, but deffo too much lemon!...may try this again but leave out the lemon, or maybe just a squeeze, but add dill :) )

HEA1: 70g philly light
HEA2:
HEB1: 2x alpen light bars
HEB2:200g new potatoes
SYNS: am going out for a drink with my sister for her bday so will use syns for vodkas and diet cokes, will update how many tomorrow!

DRinks: 1200 /2000 water

Last edited:
17.08.2012 RED DAY

b/fast: 2xalpen light bars
Lunch: Spicy BNS soup (from yesterday) with 3 rashers of crispy bacon (fat removed) mixed in
Dinner:

HEA1:
HEA2:
HEB1: 2x alpen light bars
HEB2:
SYNS:

DRinks: 500 /2000 water

Ooh i like that idea for tracking water, may have to pinch that :p X

ok, so havent been able to get on over the weekend, but still stuck to plan, had a BBQ on saturday and seafood salad for dinner sunday, cant remember exactly everything i ate , but made sure i was good! ok so here goes this week! :)

20.08.2012 RED DAY

b/fast: 35g all bran, small banana and a coffee
Lunch: prawn and veg fritatta with 45g mozarella
Dinner:
Mediterranean Salmon and Prawns (subbing the salmon for smoked cod loin and adding 75g peas)

HEA1: 250ml s/smilk
HEA2: 45g mozzarella
HEB1: 35g all bran
HEB2: 75g peas
SYNS: 2x choc digestives (8)

DRINK: 1000 /2000 water
+ coffee
+diet coke
+ green tea

Mediterranean Salmon and Prawns
ingredients:
2 salmon fillets
1 large can chopped tomatoes with herbs
1 onion, chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 chilli (optional), deseeded and chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bouquet garni
A handful of prawns

1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Place the salmon fillets in a casserole dish and add the chopped tomatoes, onion, peppers, garlic and chilli (if using).
2. Season to taste, and then add the prawns and bouquet garni. Cover and place in the oven for 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
3. Before serving, remove the bouquet garni and serve with a selection of your favourite Free vegetables or a huge crunchy green salad.

Last edited:
ahhh! WI day :/ lost 1lb

21.08.2012 RED DAY

b/fast: 35g all bran, small banana, 70ml s/s milk and coffee
Lunch: tuna and crabstick salad
Dinner: cod loin with lemon and pepper and salad

HEA1:s/s milk
HEA2:
HEB1: all bran
HEB2:
SYNS:

Drink: 600 /2000
+coffee

Last edited:
Lots of luck although I'm sure you'll do great! :) x

oh i dont know pixie :( i sooo wanted 2lb off this week but dont feel like ive done it x

I thought that all week as i was dying for 3lb so i could get my 1/2 st before i go to Dublin on Thursday, but then, by golly, i managed it.
Have a little faith in yourself...we do :) And if you don't then just know that it's only a blip and it will disappear next week, but stress can cause changes, think positive and try and put it out of your mind until you leave for wi and lots of luck xx

Well done! A pound off is better than a pound on :) x

Back