Red Days V Green Days?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by BridgetF, 31 January 2009 Social URL.

1. BridgetF

BridgetF Member

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(11.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi
    Just read on another thread that you lose more weight on red days? (I think the recommendation was to do red a couple of days before WI..!)

Is this the case? I'm having a bit of a slow start with the weightloss although I'm sticking to the plans pretty well. My preference is green days and I think I've only done about 2 red in 3 weeks. Should I switch over to red or doesn't it make any difference?

Thanks

Bridgte

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sarah2009x

Sarah2009x Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(11.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If you really enjoy green days i would stick to them but perhaps try and include more speed foods. Lots of people only ever have green days because they are vegetarian and they still lose weight. If you like meat and fish then you could give the odd red day a try and see if it makes any difference for you. I think the have red days before WI thing is because some people get bloated on green days from all the pasta and potatoes but if i eat plenty of beans, veg and fruit this isn't usually a problem for me x

4. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The best thing to do is to eat to whatever plan or plans suits your taste buds. There's no pint following red if you don't really like the free foods as you'll just get cheesed off and come off plan totally.

5. shell

shell hates diets

Diet:
    ww
    having just come off cambridge and not having carbs for ages i would suggest red days would be quicker as you are eating more protein.....im not new to sw and previously i lost lots more on red.....

6. DearFatty

DearFatty Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(28.97%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm a veggie and only do green and have great losses - this seems to be the topic of the moment. If you stick to the plan you will lose weight whatever day you choose to follow

7. BridgetF

BridgetF Member

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(11.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for all your replies.

It's not that I dislike meat / fish as such I just don't tend to eat a great deal of them. I could certainly manage a couple of days a week and might try that to give myself a bit more variety. Protein certainly fills me up for longer too so that's got to be a bonus surely?!

8. LittleBottle

LittleBottle Where's Skinny Minnie?

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.68%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I'm trying to do a few red days a week as I usually do all green but my losses are tortoising a bit. It's the same theory discussed on another thread of jolting your body, carb cycling is an effective method so I'm mixing my days up a bit. Like the others say though, the plan that works best is the one you can stick to easiest x

9. julz123

julz123 Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I generally do more Green days than red, i find red days boring and i get hungry quicker. But always full on a green day :) I usually have a couple of red days before way in, to rid the bloat!

10. JaxieD

JaxieD Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    I love green days but have had so much trapped wind and bloat this week am gonna try having more red days next week! Can't say i've lost much weight if any on the green days,in fact my clothes feel tighter despite exercising 4 times this week so am gonna have more meat days and see how it goes! Everyone is different - it's just finding what suits you as an individual!;)

11. BridgetF

BridgetF Member

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(11.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for your replies.
    Have now planned a couple of red days for Sunday and Monday with my weigh in on Tuesday so fingers crossed!

12. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Hi I've been doing SW for about 11 weeks now and have lost 31.5 lbs. I started off doing a lot of green days and now try and vary it, I'm experimenting more with the extra easy plan now, I find it difficult to trust but am seeing how it goes.
    I think as people have said its finding what suits you. I am going to have a think about what has been said about the bloating of the green days before wi though as I have tended to do green the day of weigh in.
    Thanks for the tips :)

13. slinkydreams

slinkydreams Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I tend to stick to red days in the week and green days at the weekend, it works for me. I also avoid bread as a HeB, as I find eating bread slows down my weight loss - this could be worth a try?

14. natasha1974

natasha1974 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7.5lb(17.62%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i have had green days for 3 weeks now and have lost 10lbs i need carbs lol im not a veggie but did one red day in the free weeks and ate lots of chicken and it made me feel ill so back to green days however wind is a slight problem lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.