Red Days?

skinnymongoose

Hi All,
Does anyone do just 'red days'? Is this low carb like Atkins or is other food allowed? What are the weight losses like? I'm thinking of giving it a try. I looked on the website but it didn't really tell me what I want to know.
Thanks in advance for any info.
SM

I only really do red days but work in carbs in my healthy extra's and obviously synning. I do not cut out carbs completely so I don't think it's like Atkins. My losses when I have been on plan 100% are in the 3 - 4lb range so yep decent losses too :D x

I love red days - for me they give the best losses :)

I love red days too, although I do have the occassional green day, but I much prefer red days, I don't feel so bloated as when I do a green day.

Hi Skinny

It's a little like atkins in that you can eat as much meat as you like provided you don't eat the fat or skin, and it's prepared in the right way. But that's where the similarity ends... with the sw diet you can eat as much fruit and veggies as you like (except high carb veggies like potatoes, peas, parsnips and sweet potatoes - there may be more?). As well as these 'free' food, you get to have some diary and some higher carb items - these are call healthy extras.

I would highly recommend this diet. I must admit the lack of veg and fruit on the atkins was the reason i couldn't do that diet myself - but with this you have the best of both world - you never have to feel hungry and a healthy weight loss.

As with all diets 1-2lbs per week is recommended but you could lose more - i think it depends on your own body, how much weight you have to lose and how much activity you do.

I lost 6.5lbs last week - but this was my first week and I'm expecting a much lower weight loss next week.

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. I think I will go ahead and give it a try and see how I get on.
Thanks again :)
SM

Back