Red/green

HappyBunny

As a newish member I was never told much about red/green days. Everyone at group who follows this seems to lose more weight than the ee members.

One lady lost 6 stone on red days and now uses ee to maintain. I'm having a look at leaflets but not sure how it works? Can anyone explain why red/green is better than mixing food groups

Thanks

Hi there, consultants normally advise you to stick to extra easy for at least a month before trying any of the other plans - it's purely so you don't get confused by it all! No science to back this up, but I'd guess green and red work more quickly because they're more restrictive... on a red day your carbs are kept to a certain limit which means that you have to bulk out your meals and snack on superfree foods, which are very low energy density and therefore speed up your weighloss. On a green day your meat-based protein is limited, which probably then limits the amount of fat you eat as part of your meals (as most green foods are very low fat), and plus, it's pretty hard to snack on potatoes/pasta etc, so I think it stops you eating meals in between meals.

Before extra easy came along there was just the same debate but between the red and green plans, as everyone used to say that weightlosses were better on red! :)

I dont think they are necessarily better or offer better losses than EE, they are just different options and its about finding the plan that fits best with your lifestyle tbh. I do green all the time as I am vegetarian. You can also give them a try and see how you get on :)

I always did red and green in the begining and lost quite well. When I started ee I found I could eat a lot more and was not so restricted. Byt - I went up and down like a yoyo.

I usually now do 2 or 3 days in a week red. I do find I am losing better and that it helps me to be more careful on ee.

As you go to Group I would suggest that you ask your consultant to explain it to you at the end of group.

I do a combination of Red, Green & EE days every week after following EE for ages but found I plateaued but weight has started moving again by adding in the Red and Green days.

Denise

I love Red days as I tend to get bloated from too many carbs in my diet. Doing red means i have to measure my carbs and therefore i am more strict on things.

I also find i plan my meals in advance better, because if i dont i would have used up my Healthy Extras waaaaay too quickly!

As previously mentioned ask your C at the end of group to explain it to you. I think the new packs do contain a book that specifically goes over the Red and Green plans though - the main book is Extra Easy but there is an additional booklet with Red/Green.

Best of luck xxx

Red and green all the way for me, that's what I was introduced to by a friend, ( never been to a class, only bought the mags and now stick to this forum) git utterly confused by EE ( never been to a class to have it thoroughly explained by a C) I know enough now to understand EE, tried it and it just wasn't the way for me, slowed up, then gained a bit. Went back to red and green to get to my target and sticking with it. I fund it easier to shop at lunch time at tesco near work, I buy salad and meat, or packet rice and Quorn based meals with salad and micro wave it . Each to their own, you will find the way that suits you if you are able to try the EE, red and green. Mixing them up might be good?

I mix Red, Green and EE every week. Tend to do Red/Green during the week and EE at weekends. Seems to fit in better for me doing that.

Denise

like in a similar post,. EE is better for me and lose more on this... its different for everyone i guess x

Back