Red Days Red Meal ideas!

Diamond Daisy

Hi :wave_cry:

I've been off this site (and SW) for a while now but back to basics after a shock when I climbed back on the scales last week!

I want to try red days but I always end up hungry as I normally bulk my meals up with potatoes and pasta on green but obviously can't do the same on red!

Please can you give me some meal ideas or point me in the direction of some recipes if possible!

I find a good steak is the best red evening meal!

Chicken wrapped in bacon with melted cheese a close second!

x

thank you, will get them both on my weekly plan!!

On Red days I would normally have either...

Chilli with ryvita (HE B) and Philadelphia (HE A)

Bowl of chicken curry/jalfrezi with lots of chicken & veg

Chicken breasts coated in Schwartz Chargrilled Seasoning with lots of veg (brocolli, B.sprouts, carrots, butternut squash etc and some gravy

Chicken/ham salad

Bolognese with Ryvita & Philadelphia

Can't think of anything else at the minute :)

Last edited:
also - how about a pork stir fry, prawn and salmon cooked in salt and lemon juice with SW wedges, Beef casserole, I could go on forever, i do a lot of red meals! x

also - how about a pork stir fry, prawn and salmon cooked in salt and lemon juice with SW wedges, Beef casserole, I could go on forever, i do a lot of red meals! x

Yeah forgot about stir-frys they are GORGE! I add 2 tbsp of oyster sauce (its syn'd) and a tbsp of honey :drool:

On Red days I would normally have either...

Chilli with ryvita (HE B) and Philadelphia (HE A)

Bowl of chicken curry/jalfrezi with lots of chicken & veg

Chicken breasts coated in Schwartz Chargrilled Seasoning with lots of veg (brocolli, B.sprouts, carrots, butternut squash etc and some gravy

Chicken/ham salad

Bolognese with Ryvita & Philadelphia

Can't think of anything else at the minute :)

so you have ryvita instead of pasta??

I dont like fish, wish i did sometimes! lol

Please feel free to go on, will do me a favour :p

How do you make your beef casserole? With a packet mix?

Yeah and I don't miss the pasta at all (I did the 1st time) its yummy and my children love it too, they still have pasta but also have the cheese n crackers

Oh ok, will have to give that a bash! Do you syn or use a HE?

HE all the time, you can have 4 original ryvita cripsbreads or 6 ryvita crackerbreads (yellow box) feel like i'm eating loads its great!

Wow that many! Lots of HEs have fallen off my radar since the EE plan came in!

This thread is a great idea! Experimenting with red at the mo so gonna be trying a few of these!

We just ate beef in mushroom sauce which was out of the little book that came with this months mag. We had cabbage & mini corn on the cob with it. Oh & a slice of bread (wholemeal from a 400g loaf hexb) which was needed to mop up the yummy sauce. It was very filling & I didn't miss having any potatoes at all.

X X X X

Damn I have just realised that corn on the cob needs 2 b synned on a red day!!!! Oh well I will make it EE & syn the bread!

Back