Redbooties diary

I got on the scales this morning to see what damage I'd done but my weight hadn't changed I'm still 11st3. Thought I might of put on a few pounds with the rubbish I've ate.
Breakfast mullier with oatbran
Dinner pickled egg and 8 crabsticks
Supper 1/2 chicken

Just booked a weekend away with my daughter and step children (I must be mad) we are going to camarthen bay in west Wales. Normally we all eat a pile of junk when we go on our short breaks ( pancakes for breakfast, pizza and chips etc anything that quick and easy to do) but I'm determined to stay on plan so I've sorted the oatbran out ready to go. I'm going to get a large tray of eggs there from a small farm shop at the side of the road so I can still cook the children their pancakes each morning but I can have a few boiled eggs and maybe a quick omlette for lunch one day. We have planned to go out on the Sunday for a Sunday roast (Sunday will be a PV day) so I will swap my potatoes for the children's meat (they are not a great lover of meat unless it's a burger) I'm not sure what to pack for the other few days though, I was thinking of marinating some chicken breasts and then freezing them so they will be ready to through in the oven when needed but I haven't a clue what to marinate them in? I've always cheated with my cooking and used jars of sauces and packets of flavouring but these are full of sugar and starch. :-(. Also I will take a few disposable BBQ's with me so was wondering if anyone knew which packets of burgers (if any) would best to buy? Also I guess my bottles of lambrini will be out so would one vodka and diet coke be ok or do I have to go without at the clubhouse :-(. Not sure what other essentials I will need, I'm taking a cooler box for the food because the small on site shops are so expensive and I'm on a tight budget with the 4 children ( they have more money to spend than I do lol)

The great thing about Camarthen is I can take the children cockle picking so that's my snacks sorted and also I won't have any trouble doing my 30mins of walking as I end up doing loads of activities with the children like playing rounders and long walks along the beach :D.

I've noticed a lot of people use their iPhones to access this forum and was wondering if any of you downloaded the Dukan apps and if they are worth purchasing?

Sorry for posting loads of replies on this thread but I've been having trouble getting to sleep but when I finally get to sleep I'm not waking up until 11:30 the next day (embarrassed lazy smiley) has anyone else had problems sleeping on this diet, I just feel full of energy, I suppose it's better than feeling sluggish after a large carby meal but it's frustrating when everyone else in the house us happily snoring away lol

The great thing about Camarthen is I can take the children cockle picking so that's my snacks sorted and also I won't have any trouble doing my 30mins of walking as I end up doing loads of activities with the children like playing rounders and long walks along the beach :D.

I've noticed a lot of people use their iPhones to access this forum and was wondering if any of you downloaded the Dukan apps and if they are worth purchasing?

Sorry for posting loads of replies on this thread but I've been having trouble getting to sleep but when I finally get to sleep I'm not waking up until 11:30 the next day (embarrassed lazy smiley) has anyone else had problems sleeping on this diet, I just feel full of energy, I suppose it's better than feeling sluggish after a large carby meal but it's frustrating when everyone else in the house us happily snoring away lol

I love beach holidays and all the more fun with animated children up to high jinx! Some of my favourite holiday memories from when I was small were in a caravan beside the sea. Playing on the beach all day and coming in for tea of hot buttery toast and freezer strawberry jam. That was back in the days when money was tight but we all had great craic doing 'free' activities.

I'm on holidays at the mo too and since starting Dukan find that I need about 7-8 hours sleep but my OH (not dukaning) is still in the leaba out for the count, ordinarily I would be too.

I notice we are the same height - Dr D gave me an ideal weight of 8st 10lbs. Way too low I reckon but we'll see as we go. If I get to 9 - 91/2 and am happy, I'll move into conso. You have much less to lose than me though! I promise myself this will be the last time I have to lose more than 1/2 stone for the rest of my life. Sick of being overweight!

Sorry for rambling! :eek: Enjoy your hols and the cockles!

Went out for a meal lastnight had a steak with a small salad and mushrooms, it also came with a jacket potato which I gave to my brother in law who's a vegetarian. I was still hungry after this but even though there was plenty of garlic bread on the table I resisted.

I popped into tesco then to do a quick shop and get something to eat but by the time I got there (8 mins away from restaurant) I felt really full. My stomach seems to take ages before it tells my head I'm full. So from now on before I help myself to seconds I'm going to give my body at least 10 mins to decide weather it is still hungry.

This is what I've bought from tesco, I know there are quite a few tolerated items but they are for emergencies and to cook some of the reciepes on this forum.

Eggs, cockles, seafood sticks, large pack of steaks, joint of silverside beef, oatbran, muller lights vanilla and toffee, extra light Philly, cornflour, canderal

I have to do 3 days of PP as I've ended up eating salad with my meals since Monday. Cant believe I'm actually enjoying eating salad.

Going to try my first galette today, wish me luck

Tried my first galette today omg it was lovely, it fell apart a bit but tasted delicious.

Had some ham and cockles for lunch then for tea I had 1/2 large joint of beef. I even made yorkshire puddings and roast potatoes for the rest of the family without eating any. The only thing I have to confess too is trying the gravy (meat juices, oxos and cornflour)

May have a few crabsticks later if I need something to munch on but will try to go without if I can

Had the munchies really bad this evening think it was just because I was sat watching tv for a few hours ( x-factor and big brother)

Breakfast 3 boiled eggs
Dinner 2 steaks and Dukan peppercorn sauce
Supper 2 steaks (had to use them up today lol)
Snacks muller and oatbran
Cockles and 8 crabsticks

Had the munchies really bad this evening think it was just because I was sat watching tv for a few hours ( x-factor and big brother)

Breakfast 3 boiled eggs
Dinner 2 steaks and Dukan peppercorn sauce
Supper 2 steaks (had to use them up today lol)
Snacks muller and oatbran
Cockles and 8 crabsticks

You're doing great - the wonderful thing about Dukan is that the kitchen is never closed - if you have an urge to snack you can do so on and not stray from the diet.

PS. Was X-Factor any good with the new judges?
:)Xx

X-factor was a bit weird without Simon but Gary Barlow seemed to take his place

I've list another 2lb I only need to lose 1 more till I'm 10 stone something, it's been quite a few years since I've seen a 10 on the scales.

Went for a carvery tonight but I forgot to take my notebook with what veg I'm allowed. I ended up having turkey and beef, a tablespoon of peas, sweede, cauliflower, green beans and carrots. I also had a bit of gravy I know that's not allowed :(

You can have gravy; so long as you make it yourself. When you roast anything, strain off the juices, I usually do it half way through the cooking time. Then pop the container with the juices into the freezer, then it will obviously solidify everything, so all you need to do it spoon out the horrible white fat on the top. Then heat it up in the microwave, put in a bit more water if required add a tiny bit of salt & pepper. Then from your tolerated items use 1 teapspoon of cornflower (put this into a mug/cup add a slash of COLD water so that it forms a paste, then add to your gravy, then pop back into microwave for a minute & it will thicken up lovely!!:jelous: Happy days!!!!

You know that peas aren't ok ;) (which is rather unfortunate as I grew a lot and had to sit podding them for hours, watch others eat them, then freeze mine!)

Yesterday didn't go very well at all it was meant to be a PV day but I had:-
Breakfast: 3 boiled eggs
Dinner gallete
Tea:- meatballs from subway and side salad
Also I had about 2 inches of my daughters sub :( result I put on a pound

Today I've had:-
Breakfast: Dukan poridge
Dinner 2 large breast of chicken
Tea: large rump steak with steak seasoning (checked no added sugar just spices)
Snacks muller toffee and 8 crabsticks

I'm going to avoid mullers from today and also the crabsticks, I'm going to snack on pickled eggs and cockles instead

Tomorrow I plan to have:-
Breakfast 3 boiled eggs
Dinner ham salad
Tea minced beef (either with a tomato based sauce or beefburgers depending on time)
Snacks cockles and Dukan porridge

X-factor was a bit weird without Simon but Gary Barlow seemed to take his place

I've list another 2lb I only need to lose 1 more till I'm 10 stone something, it's been quite a few years since I've seen a 10 on the scales.

Well done on the 2lb loss.

I love the X Factor when they have whittled away the poor folks they put on tv as a spectacle and have the real contenders left. The really talented acts never seem to get very far tho' I imagine Gary B taking it quite serioously - don't particularly like Take That but he is a good songwriter. Good TV for a cold, wet, miserable Saturday evening when it feels like too much effort to get dolled up and hit the town! :)Xx

Really struggled today with Dukan, I made burgers for me and my daughter ( mine without the roll) but I had bought fresh bread for the rest of the family and I ended up stood in the kitchen sniffing the bread thinking just one bit won't hurt, thank goodness the Dukan fairy on my shoulder talked me out of it.

The scales are UP another pound meaning I'm 11 st 2 :( but it is TOTM at the moment but as soon as it's over if those 2lbs don't disappear I'm going to cry

My OH decided to try the Dukan diet because he saw how my weight loss was going, I was looking forward to cooking some Dukan foods when he got to cruise like chilli con carne, shepherds pie etc but he didn't even last a day :(.

Tescos had an offer on meat, 3 packs of rump steak for £10 but they were awful even with peppercorn sauce on there was no taste to them at all and they were really chewy :(

I've just realised that I've forgotten the oatbran for 2 days running too. I have to get back in the routine of having porridge in the morning otherwise I end up forgetting it

We are hoping to go to Spain or Cyprus within the next week or two ( going to book a last minute deal as soon as our passports cone back). Are we allowed to take oatbran in our suitcases or does anyone know if it's easy to find in those countries, I don't want my precious oatbran to be confiscated and would I be better off taking a new pack or will I be able to just take a plastic tub with it in there. I still haven't worked out a way if eating it there though as we will be having an all inclusive holiday (maybe mixing it in some hot milk??) any other ideas will be very welcome. I'm going to do my best to stick to the plan, I'm not worried about not drinking because my OH doesn't drink and my brother in law will only have one or two drinks so the temptation wont be that great.

:( I've done it again!! Completely messed up:( I had a migraine and didnt feel like cooking so my OH bought me a piece of fish from the chippy and instead of picking the batter off I just ate the lot :( don't know why because it tasted horrible, really greasy and stodgy, and then I felt terrible after it, bloated, uncomfortable and guilty.

Result if that, I put on a pound this morning, looks like a few days of PP to sort it out. Can't wait for the children to be back in school be because I can be more prepared and do some proper shopping.

Aw red. Sorry to hear about the migraine - hideous things :patback:

Don't worry too much about the slip-up. It's going to happen now and again isn't it? This diet isn't a quick fix, and there are going to be lots of ups and downs along the way, but the main thing is to pick yourself up and keep on going.

You're doing great. Really hope you are feeling better soon xx

Back