Red's food diary - advice very gratefully received

Thanks Mia - I'm ok :). Funcurls you are right! I hadn't thought about my lunch and that was homemade.

I think I'm going to do Easy Extra today yesterday was red and I forgot to post it up so here it is now:

Sunday 19th March - Red

Breakfast – .2 Light choice sausages (1syn), cheese omelette (reduced fat cheddar part HexA will use the rest later) mushrooms and onions. Black coffee

Lunch – .Superfree soup.

Tea – Turkey Ceasar salad – big salad with turkey breast and 2 turkey rashers all slice up (1syn for Light choice Ceasar dressing) – rest of HexA from this morning + wholemeal pitta (HexB). Pineapple chunks and Activia fat free yoghurt

Snacks - .1 Jazz apple, Highlights dark choc drink (1.5 syns), Special K Fibre plus bar. 2 x Babybel light, 1 x Pagen Krisproll (2syns)

Syns – 5.5

HexA – .Reduced fat cheddar 42g, 2 Babybel lights.
HexB - .wholemeal pitta, Special K fibre plus bar

I tried a Special K Fibre Plus bar for the first time too. It was nice the turkey Ceasar salad was great I think I'll have to do that again sometime. Off for some diary visits now x

Hey Red, the Fibre Plus bars are amazing aren't they. Definitely better than a choccie bar. My bf loves them too!

Your food sounds yummy! You're doing soooo well! You've lost so much now, are you starting to see any little changes? Any NSVs? xxxx

Hey Red, the Fibre Plus bars are amazing aren't they. Definitely better than a choccie bar. My bf loves them too!

Your food sounds yummy! You're doing soooo well! You've lost so much now, are you starting to see any little changes? Any NSVs? xxxx

NSVs??

To be honest I cn't see that much of a change. OH says he can and I am wearing a top that I couldn't wear previously as it was too tight so I must have changed a bit ;).

This is today:

Sunday 20th March - Easy Extra
Breakfast – .
Lunch – . BRUNCH: 2 Light choice sausages (1 syn), 2 turkey rashers, small omelette with one laughing cow light baked beans, big portion mushrooms, onion and tomatoes. Black coffee

Tea – .Asian slow cooked beef and rice (contains mushrooms, peppers, courgette, onion) – (5.5 overall say 3 syns) served with rice and some spinach.

Snacks - .Fresh pineapple chunks and chamomile and spiced apple tea. Jazz apple and green tea, Highlights dark choc drink (1.5)

Syns – 5.5

HexA – .Laughing cow Light
HexB - .Alpen Lights

I may add to that syn total before the night is through!

NSV- non scale victory (it's a thread on here somewhere) - when something happens that makes you realise you've lost weight without it being weight related!

NSV- non scale victory (it's a thread on here somewhere) - when something happens that makes you realise you've lost weight without it being weight related!

Yes, anything at all that makes you feel good about losing- fitting into a smaller size, being able to cross your legs comfortably, seeing an improvement in blood pressure, a compliment someone has given you..!
Here's the link to the thread! It's a goodun!!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/160171-nsvs-non-scale-victories.html

Hope you've had a good weekend hun! What have you been up to? I just got back from work- soooo relieved to have 2 days off! It's been a tough run of 12.5 hour shifts! Now to relax with a glass of chilled...sparkling water!!! X

Yes, anything at all that makes you feel good about losing- fitting into a smaller size, being able to cross your legs comfortably, seeing an improvement in blood pressure, a compliment someone has given you..!
Here's the link to the thread! It's a goodun!!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/160171-nsvs-non-scale-victories.html

Hope you've had a good weekend hun! What have you been up to? I just got back from work- soooo relieved to have 2 days off! It's been a tough run of 12.5 hour shifts! Now to relax with a glass of chilled...sparkling water!!! X

The weekend was all about taking DS1 to his various social engagements :rolleyes:. I made a couple of cards someone ordered and wrote 2 model essays on 'Streetcar Named Desire' and 'The Great Gatsby' - all very exciting stuff ... alas. :D

Silvermane!!! Lovely to see you, hope you are feeling better

Today I tried chocolate weetabix. I had it as a dessert I had it with some heated skimmed milk (not the full 350ml) as a HexA and I have to say I wasn't overly sold for 2syns and a HexB but then I know I'm not a cereal person and I have not been converted. It wasn't horrendous though and I did eat it! On the plus side the boys will think it is their birthday this weekend as I am a massive meanie about chocolate cereals and don't let them have them unless they are visiting granny. So someone will be happy. :D

This was today then:

Monday 20th March - Red

Breakfast – . Banana, pineapple, jazz apple fruit salad. 2 Light choice sausages (1syn) 1 egg fried in frylight.

Lunch – . cup of superfree soup (tomato and carrot), salad and tinned tuna, 2 boiled eggs. Tiger Tiger dressing (1syn)

Tea – .Yellow fin sole fillets with herbs and vegetable mash and spinach. Bowl of choc. Weetabix and skim milk (2syns HexB and HexA)

Snacks - .Pagen Krisproll (2syn) and 2 Babybel Light (HexA) cup superfree soup, Jazz apple, Highlights dark choc. Drink (1.5)

Syns – 7.5

HexA – .Skim milk, Babybel Lights
HexB - .2 choc weetabix (2syns), Special K fibre plus bar

Last edited:
Hope things are less stressful for you this week? Your food diaries look immaculate, as ever! xx

I've never had the choccie weetabix but think I would feel the same as you about it. Not too fussed. Would rather eat a Kellogg's Fibre Plus! However one thing I do really like is puffed wheat with milk and sweetener because you get a huge overflowing bowl of them, plus you can have a Scan Bran and it tastes like sugar puffs!

Hi English lit lady! Sorry to hear you're not head over heels in love with the choccy Weetabix, but at least you've given them a try and sounds like they won't go to wasted with the little monkeys around! I noted a couple of days ago you had 'Asian slow cooked beef'! Did you follow a specific recipe for this?X

Hi English lit lady! Sorry to hear you're not head over heels in love with the choccy Weetabix, but at least you've given them a try and sounds like they won't go to wasted with the little monkeys around! I noted a couple of days ago you had 'Asian slow cooked beef'! Did you follow a specific recipe for this?X

Heather, I got the Slow cooked Asian beef from Britmum's website. This time I changed it a bit though and added more peppers, some mushrooms and babycorn and Chinese 5 spice, I just followed the guideline of the recipe. I did it before just as it was (although I didn't have the right vinegar) and that was lovely. I liked it both ways I did it. Really simple too, you could leave it on while at work.

This is today, evening meal wasn't that healthy but I needed something like that and quick to do. I enjoyed it anyway:

Tuesday 21st March - Green

Breakfast – . Jazz apple

Lunch – . Butternut squash and lentil soup. Small bowl leftover rice with veggies. - Fresh pineapple chunks

Tea – .Quorn sausages, BBQ beans, new potatoes, egg. Fresh pineapple and Actvia Fat free yoghurt.

Snacks - .1 Pagen Krisproll (2syns) Babybel Light (HexA), banana. Options indulgence drink (3syns), cup butternut squash and lentil soup. wholemeal pitta (HexB)

Syns –5

HexA – .Babybel Lights
HexB - .Wholemeal pitta, Alpen lights

Today:

Wednesday 22nd March - Green

Breakfast – . Jazz apple, black coffee

Lunch – . bowl of butternut squash and lentil soup. Large salad with roasted quorn pieces, wholemeal pitta bread (HexB) Tiger Tiger dressing (1syn)

Tea – .Cup superfree veg soup, Quorn and bean chilli and rice (contains veggies, butterbeans and blackeye beans)

Snacks - .2 Babybel Light. 1 Pagen Krisproll (2syns) Highlights drink (2syns)

Syns –5

HexA – .Babybel Lights
HexB - .Wholemeal pitta bread, Alpen Lights or 1 Special K fibre plus

Your food diary looks just as good as ever! Think I'll start trying the odd red/green day soon... Good to shake things up a bit!

Heather, I got the Slow cooked Asian beef from Britmum's website. This time I changed it a bit though and added more peppers, some mushrooms and babycorn and Chinese 5 spice, I just followed the guideline of the recipe. I did it before just as it was (although I didn't have the right vinegar) and that was lovely. I liked it both ways I did it. Really simple too, you could leave it on while at work.

Mmmmmmmm!!!X

Your food diary looks just as good as ever! Think I'll start trying the odd red/green day soon... Good to shake things up a bit!

I like the extra Hex's, still I think I may need to make some changes too - although I'm not entirely sure what. I need to ask advice. I find it so hard without a consultant etc. I was hoping to go to the groups for a bit soon but now I've lost a job there is no way I can afford it at all and I'm just generally feeling a bit :cry::cry:about things right now.

Back