refeed week 2

harriet2

serial poster
thought id start a new thread for this week as new week new eating patterns.

b - main bar
l - 6oz quorn beef spicy strips, salad
d - greek salad

will do a short 1miler later then thats my running completed for this week and have a rest til next tuesday when ive got almost 6miles to map out..goodness knows where to this time! im running (pun) out of lanes to try out!

each day im finding is difficult and no matter what anyone says, its not the losing which is difficult, its the keeping it off. each day brings its own temptations in so many forms and at the moment its a constant mind ****! i just hope it gets easier to cope with.

i woke up at 5.30 this morning and think im def going to look into hypnotherapy and see what someone can offer me. ill update when i find someone

h x:)

oh and i lost 3lbs this week which im very happy with so now its a countdown to the final 11lb

note. went out for run late last night with heidi and had THE BEST RUN in days! not sure if it was the olives in the salad but something helped. it was really fast. perhaps im getting fitter?! lol

Last edited:
Harriet, well done on doing so well on your first week of refeed. You seem in very happy place right now. Good for you. I hope you do well on week two.

You are getting fitter my sweet - the more you run the fitter you will become :)

Well done on the 3lb loss thats great!

I hear what yer saying with it being a constant struggle to keep the weight off. I face temptation of crisps and chocolate every single day. The kitchen cupboards are full of it as i still live with my parents. Its damn hard aint it gal. But this place is always my sanction - i know if i eat it im guna have to come on here and document it and face the wrath of Jan, Mary, Iris and others! :giggle:

Good luck with week 2 sweet :) x

day 2 - b - main choc whip
l - 6oz quorn tikka strips, cold 4oz jack pot, large salad
d - tried 2oz cheese (made me feel extremely sick), 4oz ham (couldnt eat it), stuffed mushroom with toms and large salad

hardly ate half as stomach decided couldnt stomach cheese again. already cant have milk only soya since had my gallbladder removed 8 years ago..the cheese consumption seems to come and go. since losing weight it appears to have decided it doesnt want it again..i think cause of the fat content which makes it hard for me to digest. oh well, just have to revert back to soya ones :) phew feeling rough. also had hardly any water today so im off up to have a bath and a hot soak to try and settle my sore tummy and glug down the h20 :)

btw also be away from the pc for a while so will update as and when i can. (concentrating on the running now as have a 5k race coming up soon)

h x

Ya havnt had much today chick - but if your not feeling well understandable!

Wish i physically couldn't eat cheese - i bloomin love the stuff! :giggle:

hi harriet, glad to hear you are making good progress on maintenance, nice to know you can still lose and not put it all back on after tfr, i'll probably aim to refeed in a couple weeks.
i also had my gall bladder out last year and my weight has been creeping up ever since, definitely cannot carry as ' normal' after having it out!

good luck with training your 5k I did one last year- brilliant!

Ya havnt had much today chick - but if your not feeling well understandable!

Wish i physically couldn't eat cheese - i bloomin love the stuff! :giggle:

you really dont. its horrible feeling so damn sick! its why i went vegan for about 3years cause i couldnt eat so much stuff cause it upset my stomach all the time. theres good and bad substitutes..believe me some are totally gross!

hi harriet, glad to hear you are making good progress on maintenance, nice to know you can still lose and not put it all back on after tfr, i'll probably aim to refeed in a couple weeks.
i also had my gall bladder out last year and my weight has been creeping up ever since, definitely cannot carry as ' normal' after having it out!

good luck with training your 5k I did one last year- brilliant!

im not sure my having my gallbladder out contributed to my gaining weight, think mine was just eating too much of the wrong stuff lol

im training for the gsr in portsmouth which is 10 miles but im doing a 5k as part of the training..all good though and im looking forward to seeing how i get on. ive done 3 5ks before but last one was a couple years ago. i like the atmostphere and how lovely everyone is ..yes its competitive to some degree but most people are so nice

h x :D

Good Luck! You're on a running mission!

i just saw a consultant and they said after you've had it out, you no longer process fat efficiently- the gall bladder stores the bile like a reservoir and releases it when you eat anything fatty or strong flavoured but when its gone the bile just drips consistently meaning you dont process fat like you did before. you'd think it meant it went right through but sadly he told me it just sticks to you! Harsh. supposed to follow a pretty much no to low fat diet forever- and that's just to maintain your weight! thats what he said anyway and explains why my weight has gone up since having it out- for me anyway! (plus did eat bad food...) :p

Harriet, what's the gsr?

Good Luck! You're on a running mission!

i just saw a consultant and they said after you've had it out, you no longer process fat efficiently- the gall bladder stores the bile like a reservoir and releases it when you eat anything fatty or strong flavoured but when its gone the bile just drips consistently meaning you dont process fat like you did before. you'd think it meant it went right through but sadly he told me it just sticks to you! Harsh. supposed to follow a pretty much no to low fat diet forever- and that's just to maintain your weight! thats what he said anyway and explains why my weight has gone up since having it out- for me anyway! (plus did eat bad food...) :p

wow not heard any of that before. thats very interesting. would prob explain why i cant eat anything fatty without feeling so sick then i guess. how is your diet, do you find you cant have certain things now?

h x

Harriet, what's the gsr?

sorry reading that back that sounded a bit 'up your bum' didnt it but i tend to go on a few running sites and they all abreviate stuff. its short for the great south run, you know, like the great north run which is held in newcastle i think. this one is 10 miles, not half a marathon so i thought it would give me something to work towards this year as well as raise some money for charity (doing it for the stroke association)

:) h xx

ok today i have mostly been eating :)

salad!!

seriously though b - main choccy whip, l - bagel with tuna and salad and d - no idea as long run today (nearly 6miles) . i think im supposed to put some fruit and yogurt in there too somewhere but my head is all over the place today.

i know this sounds a bit 'up yer bum' too but i find i have to seque(sp?) myself up a few hours before i go out otherwise im not in the right place in my head by the time im home and getting ready to run. it isnt even the fact its hard or anything now, its that you have to give yourself little goals along the way to reach otherwise it just seems monotonous and those hills and little goals seem out of reach..if that makes sense :)

h x

update. i actually ran 6.51 miles in the end in a good time (1hr 15mins) which is a def improvement. really pleased with myself

Last edited:
hi hun, you are doing really well, i am doing my 2nd refeed after gaining a couple of stone after my gallbladder op last feb 'better than the 8 stone that i lost in 08 i guess' i have had alot of problems since having my gallbladder out 2, alot of discomfort in my lower abdomen etc etc but my doctor tells me having your gallbladder out causes no problems whatsoever with ur weight and shouldnt cause an pain etc....:-( i had the off days with my tummy 2, i am wondering if it is due to what i was eating before....hmmmm i wasnt told not to eat anything in particular or given any kind of lifestyle to follow in terms of food after my removal.....

i am on day 7 of my refeed now and my weight has crept up by a couple of lbs although i have no clue why...am following the same as last time and lost 1lb last time??? anways rant over lol

keep up the good work with your refeed x

hi hun, you are doing really well, i am doing my 2nd refeed after gaining a couple of stone after my gallbladder op last feb 'better than the 8 stone that i lost in 08 i guess' i have had alot of problems since having my gallbladder out 2, alot of discomfort in my lower abdomen etc etc but my doctor tells me having your gallbladder out causes no problems whatsoever with ur weight and shouldnt cause an pain etc....:-( i had the off days with my tummy 2, i am wondering if it is due to what i was eating before....hmmmm i wasnt told not to eat anything in particular or given any kind of lifestyle to follow in terms of food after my removal.....

i am on day 7 of my refeed now and my weight has crept up by a couple of lbs although i have no clue why...am following the same as last time and lost 1lb last time??? anways rant over lol

keep up the good work with your refeed x

thanks nikki. i think having your gallbladder out takes a lot of adapting and that everyone is different and so their body reacts differently to the lack of gb. in my case i had no option but to remove all diary, meat etc as i couldnt stomach any of it but over time it changed so i could eat chicken, fish and cheese again. that said i tried cheese the other day and i couldnt stomach it again so i guess its just a case of listening to what your body is saying, taking it on board and not going against its advice lol (which is what i was doing before i went back onto lt and basically eating choc and having bad tummys every night. it was b. agony)

thats my rant over too lol

hope your well otherwise and hopefully speak soon

h x

yesterday was very eventful. i had to go to hospital in the morning for an appointment whilst at the same time my dog heidi was going in for an operation to save the eyesight in her left eye. all a bit stressful one way and another but i picked her up yesterday afternoon so now its a waiting game to see if theyve caught it in time.

:) on another note the refeeding has been going well. went to weymouth for a run with my daughter after all the goings on yesterday morning to buy some clothes for her for our holiday. she didnt find anything. i found a fantastic winter coat at TKMaxx reduced from £225 to £60 which i treated myself to. it fits wonderfully and cant wait for the weather to turn colder so i can get it out! :) ive also discovered i can wear my size 10's again which is good news so i was wearing my jeans yesterday and wow it felt good.
b - main whip
l - subway with turkey and lots of salad
d - quorn sausages with tomato sauce and red onion baked. small jacket pot with large salad
snack - large bowl of black currants, strawberries and grapes with pot of ff yogurt.

overall lovely food. also drank 2 1/2lts of water.
i slept like a log last night too :)

today ive had
b - main bar
l - 4oz prawns, bagel, 1tsp vlf mayo, salad, 1 ff yog
d - 3/4 chicken breast baked with herbs, small jacket pot, tomato sauce with lots of red and white onions, celery, courgettes.
snack - blackcurrants, grapes, wild strawberries with ff greek yogurt
snack - bit of stale cake and bit of chocolate(why?)lol

i weighed myself this morning and ive lost 3lbs so i couldnt resist updating my ticker a few days early.

went for 2miler this evening and wow was it stuffy. dont like running when its like that at all.

h x

Last edited:
Well done on the lose hun!
T x

Well done on the loss chick :)

tomorrow will have
b - maint whip
l - maint whip
d - bagel with chicken leg (skin removed), large mixed salad
snack - fruit and yogurt

i hope doing this for two days will counteract my cake/chocolate thing?!

Back