Refeeding diary

We are all here for you Doirin and we can try to understand the emotional issues you have gone through and the emotional issues you will still have to come.

You are a shining example. Big hugs xxx

how you doin Doirin how you doing have not seeing you on for a while?

Hi Doirin

Scuse me for butting into your diary but I am finishing refeed tomorrow so have been swotting up on folks food diaries for inspiration.

I am sorry to hear of your 4 pound gain and hope that you have got it all sorted by now. However, can I pick your brains a wee bitty as I am a little confused as to what exactly you did wrong.

From Monday, my plan is to do healthy eating with Scottish Slimmers (which in case you are not in Scotland is similar to WW but checks (25cal) instead of points).

I ended up starting refeeding earlier than planned so have a lot of shakes left - I was planning on continuing to use them alongside two meals a day and to keep within the check allowance every day (still hoping to continue losing).

Am I right in thinking that what you did was have your 3 meals and maintenance bars in between - but that this still came in under your points allowance?

Its just that you say

" when I said I was going on WW she told me I could use the maintenance bars in between meals "

and then later on, you say

"Even though it still meant I was well under my points per day, the lass at the chemist said I should do one or other not both. She advised WW was great for portion control but I should not count points at the moment as maintenance bars are only to be used as meal replacements that's what I should do with them:replace a meal, not have alongside one."

Im pretty certain that ur quoting two different girls (before and after - so to speak!) and that you had bars and 3 meals but if you were still under your points allowance, should that matter?

or is it the other stuff (other than calories) that are in the bars that caused the problem?

If that is the case, then would having a shake and then 2 meals with snacks cause a problem in the same way?

Oh - am I even making any sense.

And then there is also the other problem of eating enuff points/checks in a day - cos we know that we wont lose if we dont eat enough either.

Sorry to bombard you here - but like I say, Im starting on Monday and want to make sure I do things right.

I cant speak to my pharmacist cos I havent been at all this week and wont make it until the end of next week at the earliest (Ive got 'potential' swine flu which was one of the reasons I brought forward my refeeding cos I was having awful dizzy spells and struggling not to pass out - so Im not allowed in chemist).

Sorrrreeeeeeee - but your advice would be apppreciated. Im just thinking that maybe there is a huge difference between calorie counting and points/check/slimming club systems - I suppose it might be that because with SS or WW, we wouldnt be counting veg, salad etc so that could make quite a difference overall. If necessary, I could stick to strict calorie counting until I have finished all the shakes and then go onto the SS system - which I am familiar with.

Oh ... what to do ..... lol

Thankee muchly for taking the time to trawl through my post - and hopefully I havent sent you to sleep and you will have the energy/patience to reply.

Vanessa

Hi Nicolas,
yes I am still here, lurking a bit at present though, head not in the right space but still sticking to my diet so at least that's ok. Thanks for the concern, I know I will be ok, I just go to ground sometimes and lick my wounds but getting back in there, so thanks again, I will be back in full force again soon.

Hi Vanessa,
Well done to you for what you have achieved so far and best of luck for the slimmers. You are correct i was talking about 2 different lasses in the chemist. I was taking my 3 meals allowed by WW and taking a maintenance bar also as I was not snacking on anything else in between meals and thought it would be fine as I was still way under my points. However I think you can only do one or other on these diets, either maintenace bars, 1 or 2 a day and then 1 or 2 meals accordingly or do the scottish slimmers meal plan only and stick to your checks/points.
If the shakes you have left over are LT food replacement shakes you are not meant to use them on maintenance. There are a different set of shakes purely for maintenance.
If you look at Kered's or JanD's diaries they have good meal plans which are calorie counting and don't use the shakes/bars at all.
Hope that doesn't leave you more confused, best of luck. If you can't go to your chemist, why don't you ring them, esp if you have a good relationship with them.
Take care.
Doirin

hi again Doirin
Thanks so much for that - its a great help. Think Ill stick to calorie counting in the first instance ... Ive set up the Food Focus that I saw others mention and it seems to be amazing. Huge benefit me thinks!
Thanks again
Vanessa

Hi All,
well a happier bunny this week with a 5lb weight loss. Realised last week was my middle of my cycle ovulation week as well which makes me bloated, so that is probably why there was a big drop this week. Although I stuck mainly to 2 maintenace bars per day I did eat a very large dinner each day too and sometimes would have breakfast if I wanted it so not feeling deprived at all. Still sticking with the maintenance this week as the discipline is helping me and for now I need that.
Here's to a good week, wishing you all the very best.
Doirin

well done on your loss doirin :)

That's great well done! x

wow thats brillant doirin, well done a fantastic loss, what sort of dinners are you eating?

Oh Doirin
So, so pleased for you!! Well done sweetie..you deserve that big loss and it will keep you going. You are doing well and have got all the will and determination you need to see this through to the end!

Well done :)
:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

Hi All,
thanks again for the replies,
Nicola,
I eat mainly low fat, plenty of veg, stir fries, roasted veg and nearly always cherry tomatoes, I am obsessed with them at the moment and discovered butternut squash which I roast along with carrots, turnip and throw in the cherry tomatoes for a few minutes at the end where they almost burst their skins. I also like all those curry/spicy pastes which I mix with natural yoghurt and then marinate the chicken in it and then bake that in the oven along with the roasted veg or stir fry it. I normally cook a double lot of chicken and have the second one in a wrap the following day. I tend to have a salad as well if the dinner lends itself that way. I found 2 nice WW recipe books, I would use at least half the recipes, which isn't bad for a recipe book I feel. I like wholewheat pasta too and make my own sauce with tomatoes (there she goes again) peppers, chilli, garlic, carrot, onion, herbs etc and blend, freeze this off for when I need it. I am not one for ready meals and enjoy the cooking process so it suits me to cook mainly from scratch most days.
Hope everything is going well for you.
All the best.
Doirin

Doirin your pasta sauce sounds delish - how do you make it? x

Hi Tanya,
Pasta sauce is the easiest thing in the world, I more or less just bung everything into the pot, mainly depending on putting in the toughest veg first, but cut up everything small. I add a veggie stock cube as well. When veg is softened I blend it, adding seasoning as needed, if too thick add some water. Sometimes I would add passata, or tinned tomatoes if I feel it needs to be more tomatoey (if that's a word). It freezes well. Hope you start making your own version of it when you are back on the food train. Good luck.
Doirin

Your dinners sound wonderful! Will definitely be sampling a few of them!! I too make all my meals from scratch now. Used to be more of a processed food person, but now the boys have a home cooked meal every night, and I really enjoy doing it. I always thought it was cheaper buying ready meals, but I find my food bill a lot now. So this diet has benefited everyone all round, and I have found a new hobby!!

Dorin or anyone else,
The chicken you marinade in natural yoghurt and spices, the chicken wrap, and the roasted veg, are they suitable for use on re-feed? They sound scrummy!!! Silly question (from someone who has only just started cooking from scratch-after 29yrs!-always ringing my mum for tips), how u do roast your veg??? Do u just bung them in the oven, or do u add anything?

Hi Liz

From memory you can start to introduce bread on Day 4!!!! I am sure, or is it Day 3? Wherever it says bread, you can substitute this for a wrap.

The yoghurt/spices you can have but again cant remember if it is straight at once or whether it is around Day 3. Refeed sheet will keep you straight on that one.

Roasted veggies I reckon I would leave till after refeed, and then I would use a few squirts of FRYLITE, although you can roast in the oven without anything at all, and you could do that almost straight away; maybe add some herbs/spices to spice them up.

Natural yog etc is from day 3.
Potato on day 3.
All fruit and veg (except avacado) and bread is from day 4.

No fatty spreads untill after refeed - even then ya shouldnt bother with them.

Although we are allowed low fat mayo on refeed :)

Just checked me refeed sheet :)

Back