Refusing to buy new clothes YET... but

charmed.wishes

Hiya gang..

Well 90% of my clothes are starting to look incredibly baggy, my jeans and combats I can pull down without undoing (something that brings a strange smug smile to my face when I am in the bathroom lol).. My wedding and engagement rings are becoming very loose, especially when I am cold so much so that my engagemnt ring fell off down the loo the other day (I must love my hubby to go fishing for it!!)

But I refuse to buy anything new yet, I have so far to go still and replenishing my wardrobe so frequently just isnt financially possible.. so for the time being I shall be looking like the bag lady of wantage!! :D

charmed, i too am unwilling to buy new clothes BUT i think its a good idea to shop around the charity shops for a few bits. in all honesty, i used to be a real snob about charity shops but now i have been into a few, i notice that a lot of the stuff has never even been worn! still have original tags on and some stuff is lovely!

would definately be a cheap alternative and much better than ur combats falling down in tescos!

I send all my too big stuff to charity shops and lots still had tags on them or were unworn ...... I've also picked up some real bargins in them!

Otherwise Matalan, Tescos or Primark are great for cheap clothes that you know you'll grow out of.

i know what you mean about the expense, i just have 1 pair jeans, 1 pair combats & a few tops in my current size & will do the same for each size i go thru, Asda r cheep n cheerful, tops £3 - £5 a go
will spend more when i get to goal (setting up a fund for it!)
xx:)

If you can just buy a couple of items for now, you will feel fabulous when you wear them. Capsule wardrobe!

Im another whos put loads in the charity shop with the labels still attached.

ive got some gorgeous things on ebay for when i get to target. a slinky black dress for £5 (inc postage) and a gorgeous red top for the same amount. all brand new with tags too. i keep them on the wardrobe door as an incentive. definately worth going on that site :D

It would spur you on if you bought even a couple of tops and trousers, I was also hiding under my tents and looked ridiculous....even if I do say so myself, thankfully my mate said I could do with a couple of bits, surprisingly I had gone down 4 sizes and was still wearing shapeless tops now the new ones show my new emerging shape....though I still have a long way to go.

That must be a great feeling ! I'd get a couple of cheap outfits to boost yourself!

There is a website that people who have lost weight have clothes that are too big for them - they give them away. I am just trying to find out from a friend of mine what it's called as I can't remember - will let you know as soon as I find it!

nice one bunny. will have to send sonkie this way as shes dropping dres sizes like no ones business lol

Morning gang..

Thanks for the replies, yea I guess a touch of shopping would give me a less 'bag lady look'.. I'm not what you would consider a 'happy shopper' :D I loath shopping, perhaps that will change when I am able to just walk into anywhere and know what is hanging on the rails will fit!

xxx

Morning gang..

Thanks for the replies, yea I guess a touch of shopping would give me a less 'bag lady look'.. I'm not what you would consider a 'happy shopper' :D I loath shopping, perhaps that will change when I am able to just walk into anywhere and know what is hanging on the rails will fit!

xxx

When you go shopping and have to buy sizes smaller you will be a "happy shopper" then:D :D

Back