Rejoined and determined

Mad busy at work so not able to get on here as much as I like. Sticking to plan. Aiming to get my stone award this week as only 1/2 pound to go. How are you doing on ww?

Feeling fed up today - since last Wednesday I have been so off plan - I have 2 days to get back into the right frame of mind to try to get a sts - daren't get on the scales for a cheeky weigh in as I would probably just give in totally. It is going to have to be soup and fruit for 2 days!

On the other hand I have been on to BT tonight to upgrade my internet to Infinity (fibre optic) and it is only going to cost me and extra 26p per month for a massive increase in speed.

Paul has been poorly with a terrible cough for the last 2 weeks and finally went to the doctors today to get anitbiotics so hopefully once they start to work he will not be keeping me awake coughing and I might get a decent night's sleep. I really struggle to keep on track when I don't sleep properly.

Must start logging my food on here again as then I can be more accountable for my actions. Also I am going to download myfitnesspal app for my phone and track on there as well so I limit my portions a bit as well because even healthy foods have calories.

Just downloaded mfp app so if anyone wants to add me as a friend on there please do so. It is allowing me 1200 calories a day so am going to combine SW rules with counting the calories and see how I get on.

Sneaky weigh on and I have lost a pound - really surprised and hope it stays off for weigh in tomorrow.

First weeks weigh in and 6.5 off taking me in to lower stone bracket and 1/2 lb off my first award :D

Subbing to say well done on your first weeks weigh in, that is excellent (even though I realise it was several weeks ago now. :)

Was not on here to post food yesterday but stayed within syns. Went to hospital with paul -his appointment was 3:10 and finally got to see consultant at 5:15! He has been having tummy problems for about 12 months and has been diagnosed with GORD - medication not really helping so alternatives are to make lifestyle changes to lose weight or surgery - has decided to try to lose weight first so will be joining me on sw although he can't get to group due to work hours. He has to go back to see consultant in 3 months and has been asked to lose a stone and a half before then which will take him from 17 to 15.5 stone

Breakfast 30g cereal with milk and sweetener banana

Not planned rest of day yet so will update later. Everyone have a good Saturday

As well as hopefully helping him, it will be much easier for you making the same food for you both and you can encourage each other. I bet he is inspired by your first weeks loss already and will be hoping to play catch up :)

Lunch -scrambled egg on toast

Not a happy bunny today as just found out on grapevine that my son's girlfriend had her baby on 5 April and no one thought to let me know -all I know is that it is a boy but no name or weight or anything else -don't know whether to confront my son or not.

As a grandmother I think that is so sad. Obviously I don't know the circumstances but hope whatever you decided re confronting him/her that you get to see your new grandchild. :(

Feeling fed up today - since last Wednesday I have been so off plan - I have 2 days to get back into the right frame of mind to try to get a sts - daren't get on the scales for a cheeky weigh in as I would probably just give in totally. It is going to have to be soup and fruit for 2 days!

On the other hand I have been on to BT tonight to upgrade my internet to Infinity (fibre optic) and it is only going to cost me and extra 26p per month for a massive increase in speed.

Paul has been poorly with a terrible cough for the last 2 weeks and finally went to the doctors today to get anitbiotics so hopefully once they start to work he will not be keeping me awake coughing and I might get a decent night's sleep. I really struggle to keep on track when I don't sleep properly.

Must start logging my food on here again as then I can be more accountable for my actions. Also I am going to download myfitnesspal app for my phone and track on there as well so I limit my portions a bit as well because even healthy foods have calories.

Hope that you can convince yourself to get back on plan and the scales show a loss for you this week. I was going to make some speed soup but with the weather turning hot, not sure I'd fancy soup, unless I got up in the middle of the night to eat it!
Your BT upgrade sounds great value, we are lucky that since moving we are on cable and it is SO much faster and more reliable than in the village where we used to live where it was hit and miss.... mostly miss. Hope Paul does stop keeping you awake as I'm the same as you when I don't sleep well, find it so much harder to stick to my good intentions. I also have a lot of joint pain, arthritis strikes again, so find that affects how well I sleep when it flares up.
Good luck for weigh in tomorrow.

Thanks cloudy6 I think I am getting paul's chest infection as have been coughing and sneezing all day but cheeky weigh in showed a pound off so hopefully I haven't been as bad as I thought

Thanks Von. Weigh in is at 7 tonight so will post later . Have a good day.

Thanks cloudy6 I think I am getting paul's chest infection as have been coughing and sneezing all day but cheeky weigh in showed a pound off so hopefully I haven't been as bad as I thought

Deffo not liking hearing that you're getting the infection. Cram in extra vitamin filled food and maybe you can at least minimise its effect. Fingers crossed its at least a lb. ;)

Boo hoo - 1 and a half on!!!!!!!!!! Was really expecting a loss following sneaky peek on my own scales. Still I have drawn a line and am planning for next weeks main meals as I am on late shifts so it will be green days as I will be getting baked potatoes and beans and salad at work each day and then just a snack when I get home at 9 pm.

Got some good news on Saturday though. My friend (who used to be my manager years ago) told me that her part time assistant has handed her notice in and she is trying to get a fulltime assistant instead and asked me to email me her CV so she can pass it on to the HR department with a recommendation. Obviously it depends on the money they are offering but it has got me thinking about trying to get back into conveyancing again after several years break so I have updated my CV and sent it to some agencies as I want to get back to working regular Monday to Friday again and no shifts. Will keep me on the straight and narrow working normal office hours as well.

Booo to the gain hun - its good you have drawn a line. Good luck for the week ahead.

Also good luck with the CV and job hunting x

Back