Reminder about copyright - PLEASE READ

Starlight

Gold Member
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/59895-slimming-world-copyright-clarification.html

Please remember we are not, under any circumstances allowed to lift articles or info from the SW website. Its a breach of copywrite and Minimins could get into serious bother if members do it. There have been several occasions the past few days where people have posted changes, by all mean share a little info but DO NOT cut and paste, or do direct lifts or post complete lifts from the site.

Any posts like this will be removed immediately and members are in danger of being infracted if it persists

Thank you

Starlight

Well yes we pay for some privileges! Although I think people have only good intentions when they post

I thought we were allowed to post a link to the official website if someone needs the information :confused:
Looks like we better not help anyone anymore as we will end up getting banned when its never intentional wrong doing lol!

Can you explain why we can't post links? Has slimming world explicitly said not to do this? If you are not a member you cannot folllow the link beyond the log in page for sw.

Can you explain why we can't post links? Has slimming world explicitly said not to do this? If you are not a member you cannot folllow the link beyond the log in page for sw.

I suspect you won't get an answer on this mainly because it's not Minimins saying it, it's Minimins following to the letter the guidance from Slimming World. As Anna says they could be sued, so they will always err on the side of caution on this type of thing.

In reality, if you are a member, you shouldn't need a link, especially with something like changes to the plan - that'll be pretty easy to find.- or your consultant will go through in group. If you aren't you can't use it anyway :)

The copyright issue is not just a question of being shot down for nothing. Companies protect their copyright very carefully and SW could sue Minimins (not saying that they would, but they could) and shut the whole website down if they wanted to. We can't risk that.

Like others have said you cannot access the links unless you are a paying member so don't see how that is breaching copyright, if anything it's promoting sw and a way of getting people to join to be able to have full access and enjoy the full advantages of sw and all of their site!!

I'd understand if people on here were copy and pasting all of sw's detailed information that should only be seen by members but it was nothing like that. Those who posted were just trying to be helpful.

And you say if you are a paying member You shouldn't need a link and things will be easy to find, they may be easy to find for some but not others. Not everyone is good with computers/Internet etc so what harm is it in showing a member the link to something they are after!
It's nice to show some support in helping others but you obviously don't want that on this forum.

It just seems really picky and makes you feel like you can write or say anything anymore, we come on here for support and help to each other but lately it's just getting ridiculous so I'm done with this site!

It's nice to show some support in helping others but you obviously don't want that on this forum.

It just seems really picky and makes you feel like you can write or say anything anymore, we come on here for support and help to each other but lately it's just getting ridiculous so I'm done with this site!

You're getting on your high horse a bit! It's the rules of the forum so we have to follow them!

You're getting on your high horse a bit! It's the rules of the forum so we have to follow them!

There's just no need for you to be like that, I wasn't getting on any high horse lol!

I wasn't aware that we could not post links to the site and I feel there could of been a better way to go about telling people who have accidently done this (like via a personal message or something instead of having a moan/dig at them on the actual thread). That's just attacking individuals and making them feel stupid for everyone else to see and read! x

Come on ladies - remember the fighting doesn't start till the new year trolls turn up drive us all to distraction :)

Happy New Year my lovelies xxx

Come on ladies - remember the fighting doesn't start till the new year trolls turn up drive us all to distraction :)

Happy New Year my lovelies xxx

I'm not a fighter lol. Happy New Year to you too Hun xxxx

An individual message might be a nice idea when issues have to be raised as it might help people feel less like they are being told off but appreciate it's not always a small number of people and would need to be mentioned on the thread too to prevent others doing the same etc

I appreciate the sentiment of a personal message, but think it is best if everyone is made aware of why message has been removed. That way it makes others aware of the rules who perhaps also weren't aware of them. It also stops people asking why posts have been removed.

I appreciate the sentiment of a personal message, but think it is best if everyone is made aware of why message has been removed. That way it makes others aware of the rules who perhaps also weren't aware of them. It also stops people asking why posts have been removed.
yeah that's why I said it also needs to be mentioned on the thread

Back