Total Solution Restart 29/03/2015 Exante journey to 9st3 for life!

Was reading the start of this diary and realised that my old approach failed because it was simply too much. I was doing so much exercise yet still VLCD-ing. Mentally and physically the food cravings/requirements just get too strong! So perhaps it's ok that I can't exercise at the moment... I'm hoping to start by bootcamp classes again in November all being well, at which point I should be ten stone or less I hope!

On my way home from work. Pretty tired again and cancelled meeting up with friend.

Had apple & cinnamon porridge for breakfast, skipped lunch and will have second pack when i get home in about 35mins...

Wearing a dress today which fits but has buttons on the top and the buttons only just about close so will be interested to wear it again in a couple of weeks and see the difference.

My parents go away in a week and are away until 19th so I'm actually excited to see how much smaller I can get by then, and if I am successful they are likely to notice the big difference!

I just got a new supplement called glucomannan. It's the stuff that makes the zero / Shirataki noodles... So is like 5 calories a serving and expands to a much larger size in your stomach so keeps you full. It thickens shakes and meal packs too so to me it made sense to give it a try. Plus it's all fibre so helps keep things regular which sometimes doesn't happen on a VLCD....

Anyway just thought i would update that! Will let you know if it's any good!

So I had my second pack - a vanilla shake. I then had a little bit of chicken and a bit of celery and lettuce and tomato. I am now wondering whether to have a third pack hmmmmm... I could go without.... I did only have two on Sunday and never had 4 the next day!!

Also I just panicked as it is 9 days until my friends birthday and I will have to drink. Plus more scary I will have to find an outfit I look ok in from my wardrobe. But it just occurred to me that on this amazing diet I could actually be 9 pounds lighter by then!

I ended up having just 2 packs yesterday... And some chicken, a tomato, bit of lettuce and bit of celery. I'm not sure it's a good idea that I keep doing this.

I've been watching so many documentaries about weight loss and fat. Some really interesting ones. But I'm so obsessed!!

I keep seeing people on here posting their weights which makes me tempted to weigh. But I know I'm way too heavy to handle that mentally as it is not going to be a good number..... I will weigh in in just 29 days.... Not that long... Or is it?! It feels it right now.

It's slowly becoming something that I'm used to... This diet I mean...

Does anyone else wake up and think... Am I not slim yet??!!!

But I guess we wouldn't think the same in reverse I.e am I not fat yet after 10 days of bingeing!!!

Patience patience patience....

Night out in 9 days and then back on plan.

Next night out after that is 1st November. I'm hoping to be noticeably slimmer by then. This was the friend who's bday i attended last year in a crop top with my tiny size 8-10 bod... Argh!!! I wanna be that girl again she looked great!

Gotta stay patient and keep my eye on the prize.

I woke up and had a small piece of chicken breast first thing. I don't know why. I just figured it's pure protein and it really was a small piece. I think this whole not having 3 packs a day is making me feel a bit deprived or that I'm not having enough and worrying so I will have 3 packs a day again and if I end up nibbling on protein which I shall avoid at all costs I will still have the 3 packs.

Having a vanilla shake mixed with glucomannan powder..... I would recommend it. I left the shake with 1/2 teaspoon of glucomannan and about 500ml water. And it's become a nice thick consistency so I'm eating it with a spoon :) and it keeps you fuller as it expands in your belly.

When I start eating a bit more in November I will def be buying zero noodles. Have already thought about having them with loads of tummy veg, quorn, and a light sauce I'll think up....

I'm the same Lara! I wake up and expect to see a difference start away, it's so frustrating but need to think of this as a long term lifestyle change.

I think someone said to me that depends on your weight to begin with, other people won't notice a difference in you until you've lost about 2 and a half stone! Which seems ridiculous because it's so obvious when you put a stone on!

Ah well, I hope you are having a good morning so far and hopefully that added mix helps you stick to three packs. :)

Thanks Sheridan... 2.5 stone is a hell of a lot... But I think it is better to expect that! Trying to convince myself to not expect a real difference until end of October which will be 5 weeks in

Hi Lara! Well done on your first day of work!

I too wish I can wake up and be the girl a couple of years ago - I still have all my dresses and stuff from then and my goal is to fit in em sooner rather than never!

I really do reccomend the zero noodles - I have them more or less daily now. They are an acquired taste and make sure you rinse them loads and squeeze out tings excess before using them.

Looking forward to seeing how you get on! I do understand about not weighing though - in my case it's like I need to know that I'm doing it right - however on the flip side it sucks when I see that a few lbs have crept on even though I've been so good! Do what you feel comfortable with hun x

Thanks for your words and encouragement. It's good to know we are in this together. When we struggle we can then think I can do it because you are doing it too. We are in it together!

Ooh thanks for tips re. Zero noodles. Where do you buy them? They are a bit pricey aren't they?

Definitely in this together, and we will do it!!!

I was getting mine from Holland & Barratt. But found them much cheaper on Amazon if you buy 3 or more x

Waiting in as builders doing some work at my old flat... And now they've disappeared off somewhere which is very annoying!! They were meant to be finished by 2 so I could carry on with my day... Was hoping I could get home early today as still really exhausted. Deciding whether to have an exante pack now or wait until I get home when I can have it with my new thickening and filling mixture! Maybe if I knew when these builders were going to finish I could make a decision!!!

On my way home... So miserable and tired!! But am surviving on the shake I had at 8.30am that's probably why!! Should be home in 25mins i cannot wait to get back and have my exante pack. I made a deal with myself that if I walk the 20min home rather than get a bus I can add either veg or bit of chicken to my pack.
Drank loads of water today. I do find when I don't eat for such a long time I end up drinking even more..

Amazing how much better food makes you feel! Had mushroom exante with glucomannan and and a bowl of cauliflower

I'm actually really full up so I am not going to have my 3rd pack. I will probably have 4 tomorrow though.

I just went through my whole diary and deleted all my old failed restart posts and rewrote my first post. I decided it's like making it a new diary and didn't need to be reminded of the failures of the past when I can look forward to the successes of the future

In the process of deleting I realised that I was so much smaller back in may as I fit into a size 10 playsuit easily after ten days. But then I drank and messed up and all went downhill.

So in 1 week when I go out drinking I must must must must not have any day off afterwards. No matter how I feel. I simply have to stick to plan and a day later I should be fine again and back on plan. I will only drink vodka and diet coke anyway.

Last edited:
Breakfast time! Apple cinnamon porridge with glucomannan powder mixed in before cooking. I cannot stress enough how great this glucomannan stuff is, I added so much more water and it's now a massive bowl and not runny image-639628551.jpg

Also I found a dress I actually look a bit slim in (thanks to the fit and the colour black!) you can prob hardly see it but: image-2122946718.jpg

Rather than thinking of all the negatives of a VLCD I thought I would start listing the positives each day... Today....

1. So much easier than cooking real food! Takes a few minutes, virtually no thinking and tastes pretty good!

Back