Total Solution Restart 29/03/2015 Exante journey to 9st3 for life!

Deleted

Last edited:
Lara, where are you? Hope you're OK.

Deleted

Last edited:
Enjoy your holiday. Try not to let the fact that you feel out of shape spoil things and then get back to it on your return.

I agree. Don't let it ruin ur holiday. Make the mist if ur time and get back on it on ur return. Don't be hung up on ur weight. Look for the positives :) x

Deleted

Last edited:
Lara, if you've only got 2 stone to lose and you're finding VLCDing hard, and as you don't have a holiday deadine to hit any longer then why not try one of the intermittent fasting diets? You could still use your Exante products on the fast days and then eat sensibly the other days of the week. I think you lose around 8lbs a month on these types of diets so you'd hit target in four months and it might not be quite so hard for you to stick to it. Good luck whatever you decide and DO enjoy your holiday. Being 2 stone overweight isn't the end of the world and life is too short to allow that to ruin fun times.

Hi just read throu ur thread. How was the holiday? Are you still doing exante? I'm starting tomorrow. It's going to be a tuff ride but hopefully worth it

How you doing Lara? Missing you

Deleted

Last edited:
So I haven't been on here for a very long time. I kept saying I won't come on until I have 1 week on track under my belt. And look how long it's been,,, reflects how badly I've been doing. I'm bigger than I've ever been. It's scary. But actually not surprising given the amount of bingeing I've been doing.
Old habits die hard... I used to have phases of this mixed in with phases of restricting, throwing up or exercising to compensate, which I know is not healthy but this is the longest stretch of time I think I've binged for... Well actually aside from when I was 20 and went from a size 6 to a 14!!!

But anyway... I decided to go against having to wait 1 week in track before I post this. I can't wait any longer!! I have just finished day 4...

I was hit by a car 2 months ago and was just a few weeks back into exercise and running. That all fell apart after. I was already disgusted with my weight back in April when I had 5 months less bingeing on me, so really being disgusted now doesn't really shock me. But I am really big. And I can't run or exercise because of injury. I can walk. But that's all.

I've dug my old exante packs out and have 3.5 weeks left.

I have to go to a birthday in 9 days which is a bit annoying in terms of ketosis but I have to go. The only other "must do" event after that is another bday at start of November.

I've been on 2 holidays feeling disgusted with my body (end of May and end of August) And again I'm wasting my life on this topic. I am too ashamed to go to my counselling session but also, I know I won't be able to VLCD when I start it as it goes against the purpose of the sessions so I have so far managed to buy time until November, and hopefully longer, during which time I want to VLCD as much of this weight off as I can. I know it might sound less healthy than the counselling route but I also know I need this weight off ASAP.

Hopefully when my back and neck are healed it will then be easier to get back into running and exercise at a lower weight. I'm shocked at how much I've let myself down. I gave up completely and saw food as the only thing to look forward to each day.

I am not weighing myself the thought of it terrifies me.

I am going back to work on Monday 29th sept.... So worried about all the weight gain as I will have been off for 9 weeks. But hopefully this week and next will help a bit and I won't look so big.. I don't think I can handle hearing anyone's comments.

The funny thing is I felt disgusted at my weight in April. And 2 of my family members saw a pic from April and commented on how I look like I'm less big there. So I've got a lot of work to do because April weight was nowhere good enough let alone this awful weight. I was reminiscing over pictures of me this time last year. I can say it now but couldn't say it then... I looked amazing. Amazing figure and so pretty. I was a size 8/10 and was actually wearing a mini top out!! I have totally let myself go. And I know I disappeared from here which was a bad move and part of the whole denial I sink into. I have so many justifications as to why I should binge. And how it will always be the last one. I've had 5 months of "last one" binges. It's absolutely disgusting. And I actually felt better about myself when I was throwing up or over exercising to control my weight. I know it's an awful method, but at least it took away the damage... Now it's all stuck to me!!!

This wasn't meant to sound like a negative post, but actually it's interesting that it is because I've been very happy and jokey with everyone and even in myself, but sleeping terribly and feeling stressed, or getting very angry when I drink alcohol. Writing this has actually shown me how terrible i am really feeling, and just how much I've managed to mask it, even from myself.

This is my long term plan. I have no idea what I weigh and don't wanna know but I've presumed I'm about 160 :-(

By 19th December I can be 9st6.. I might be happy to stay at that weight and just keep toning up OR
By 9th January I can be 9stone again

Start weight: 160??
Daily Cals Weekly exc. Weight
23 September - 31st October 5.5wks
650 3x20m 146
1st - 28th November 4wks
1100 5x1h 138
29th November -19th December 3wk
1500 5x1h 132
20th December - 9th January 3wk
1450 5x1h 126
From 10th January for life!
1510/1725/1945 0/3x20m/5x1h 126

Writing it all down has made me kind of excited!!!

Look forward to catching up on everyone else, and to being writing some more positive posts from now on X

Thanks for remembering me - I am sorry I disappeared. I didn't want to come on here when I was doing badly. But doing badly was meant to be brief... And ended up lasting 5 months. Im back. And I'm not going anywhere. I will pop over to your diary now but how are you? Really hope you're doing well with food stuff and life stuff!! Nice to hear from you, made me glad I came back on here already!! Xx

Welcome back hon, glad to have you. You should still come on here even if you're eating everything in sight! Lol xx

I posted my last post before I read your last post and my post was way too flippant.

It sounds like you are finding things really hard right now, but I'm happy to read that having a plan is making you feel better. I hope you feel better and stronger every day and are able to love yourself whatever weight (that should be what we all aim for - bit of a dream right now though, for me)

I posted my last post before I read your last post and my post was way too flippant.

It sounds like you are finding things really hard right now, but I'm happy to read that having a plan is making you feel better. I hope you feel better and stronger every day and are able to love yourself whatever weight (that should be what we all aim for - bit of a dream right now though, for me)

Very true... I think if we truely valued ourselves it wouldn't get to a point where weight, size, or food eaten held the status it seems to hold with me at least. When I was looking amazing did I feel it? No, I didn't.

I won't disappear again. It did nothing good for me... and it;s good to talk to people who understand and support each other. x

Well I was told by my cousin today that I look like I've lost weight in the past few days. I brushed it off. But maybe I have a bit. Feels good to be back on track. I'm in ketosis today. I just wish I could run!! Going for a walk in a minute. Just having an exante curry flavour!! Not my favourite but I have so many packs to use up!

This is the farthest I've reached in a long while on a VLCD... I know it's nothing amazing but day 5 just completed. Was pretty hungry in the evening. Not sure if it was hunger or just as I felt tired and weak, I felt I wanted to eat. But I settled for my Thai chicken exante soup!!!

I'm feeling quite low in mood today. I remember that I usually feel this on a VLCD. It often doesn't go away until I up the calories, but I'm hoping maybe this time it won't be the case, especially if I am eventually healed enough to do some exercise.

I am looking forward to lose this weight and get back to a body I can be proud of and recognise!!! I can't believe how different I looked this time last year. But I should look back at that and think yes I had the ability to get fit, run a marathon and get as small as a size 8. It was all me. And I did Cambridge for about 10weeks and lost 2.5 stone . It was all me. I had the willpower and strength to do it then so there's no reason I can't do it now..

It is just hard when I feel like I'm now just waiting to be thin. Every day I'm just waiting. I think by 31 October (after having done about 5.5 weeks on exante) I should be a lot smaller and a lot happier in my skin. So I just have to focus on that small goal for now.

Removing food from the equation has again given me that void, and space to see just how reliant I had become emotionally reliant on food. Food should not play the large part it does in my life.

I ordered some more exante packs today. Lots of porridges in there which I've really missed! Might have a porridge in the morning which I am rather excited about.

Really looking forwards to posting as I reach day 10.. Then day 15, 20, 25...!!!

I have a birthday I need to go to in two weeks. I will drink a little bit so will have to come out of ketosis. There is no way around it as it's a very close friends birthday. But I plan to go straight back on track the next day. And now that I am back posting on here I know I won't want to fail!!! Hopefully I will have slimmed down somewhat in the next 2 weeks.. So will feel a bit better at the birthday. Will see..

Also I know it's debated but I am going to focus on this 21 day theory (it takes 21 days to form a new habit). According to that theory I am now just 16 days away!

I need some motivation so I dug out my old weight losses from when I did Cambridge in nov2011-jan2012, thought I would share:

Start weight 11st3lb
Week1 10st7 -10
Week2 10st3.5 -3.5 (total -13.5)
Week3 10 st -3.5 (total -17)
Week4 9st11 -3 (total -20)
Week5 9st9 -2 (total -22)
Week6 9s10 +1 (total -21)
Week7 9s5 -5 (total -26)
Week8 9st3 -2 (total -28)

So according to this between my day 1 and my day 39 (31/10/14) I could have lost around 22 pounds.

And by week 8 I could be very near my goal or even happy to stay at the weight I reach and just tone.

It's really no time at all I just have to keep reminding myself why I am doing this and stay strong

Wow that really is no time at all Lara! 8 weeks to get to goal! You're doing so well to stick to VCLD - just take it one day at a time and when you're feeling weak - write on here and we'll help you to keep going! Xx

Back