Total Solution Restart 29/03/2015 Exante journey to 9st3 for life!

Whoop that's awesome Lara! You are really doing brilliantly! I know you haven't weighed but have you taking any measurements? I have my "progress dresses!" lol - I try them on every couple of days to see where I am :-D x

Well I remember wearing a dress where the buttons were almost popping open last week so I will try that soon. I didn't take measurement but I will be able to tell I've lost as I gradually can wear my wardrobe again!

I suppose I don't really need to buy anything new as I lose at least as I have most of my wardrobe in size 10! I haven't worn actual trousers for so long.. Always skirts or leggings as they actually fit (elastic!!)

My friend has a friend who wants to take me out for drinks... Like a date... But I told her I'm still injured so don't really want to... But really I'm thinking no I need to stay on exante until mid November so going out for drinks is not an option!!!

I GAVE IN!!!
No not to food... I weighed myself... (Was after eating breakfast) ... Results good and bad...

Week 2 & 1 day weigh in 08Oct:
10st12lb

This means my start weight was most probably 12 stone.

I'm not really happy with that result as it just shows me how much I let myself go. I had never before got to 12 stone. My heaviest ever had been 11st7. I'm disgusted I let it get so bad. Anyway at least I'm taking action. Bit frustrating that I'll have to VLCD for longer and wondering when I should start my bootcamp classes... I don't want to start until I stop VLCD and bmi I'd under 25 (need to let my back heal up too!)

Here are my revised goals

Goals
14Oct 10st9lb -3
21Oct 10st6lb -3
28Oct 10st4lb -2
04Nov 10st1.5lb -2.5
11Nov 9st13lb -2.5
18Nov 9st11lb -2
25nov 9st9lb -2 *bmi under 25* start bootcamp?
02Dec 9st7lb -2

At least you're in the 10's Lara! :) not that far to go really xx

Well done that's brilliant! YOU ARE IN THE 10's!!!!! Also you weighed after breakfast, so you're probably even lighter! Hope I get there soon! x

Thank you both. I have been feeling pretty annoyed about it all day I don't even know why as I expected around there... But I suppose I just hoped I was less!!! I wanted to be 10st by end of oct and not sure that's possible now I doubt it!

Feeling so fat today... Probably cos I still am!!! Really don't know what I'll find to wear for Saturday.... Will have to rummage through my clothes tomorrow...

Feeling so fat today... Probably cos I still am!!! Really don't know what I'll find to wear for Saturday.... Will have to rummage through my clothes tomorrow...

Lara you aren't fat you're in the 10's!! :) just larger than you'd like to be x

Lara you aren't fat you're in the 10's!! :) just larger than you'd like to be x
hate to sound negative but I really am you should see the rolls!!!! I grab my stomach every morning dreaming of the day they are gone! I am only 5foot2 so for me the 10s is pretty awful.... But I'll push on!! X

Even losing weight we all still have fat days. I bet though even though there's stuff you do like about yourself, when you see something you don't like look at something you do like. For example I hate my tummy, it's a lot bigger and Wobblier since having my children but I like my eyes and my hair when I bother to do it - two parts not affected by weight!

Hope you have a good day, your doing great!

This might be useful::

In the first week of a VLCD you could lose a tremendous amount of weight, this can be seen daily on the scale, dropping 1-2 or even 3lb each day. Although encouraging and this makes you feel immediately lighter - this is not a true fat loss. This is mainly due to an empty stomach, water, and stool release.

Your true fat loss will come after day 4 when you are in Ketosis (fat burning) and the only way you can put this lost fat back on is to over consume food, carbs and sugar mainly. Your weight in the first weeks should be great and dependant on how much you need to lose, age, dieting history etc it can range from 7lb to 1stone for some clients, (the biggest loss we have recorded is 23lbs for a gentleman who was over 30stone). After this in your second week it is normal to expect to shed at least half the weight loss again, and therefore the first two week are generally a great kick start to your journey. This is one reason it is recommended to follow a VLCD plan for a minimum of 1 month.

The weeks that follow should bring a weight loss of approximately 3-4lb for most ladies and a little more for men. This generally averages out to 1stone each month and is a good bench mark for your weight loss, (if continuously lower it is worth checking your plan to ensure you are in ketosis, and not over measuring foods). Weight loss on any programme can plateau and we generally find a small loss in week 3, the body tends to think there is something wrong due to the great weight loss and may pause for a little, if this happens just continue and it should correct itself for week 4. The worst thing to do is give up or eat as this just confirms to the body that it was right to pause.

The figure of 3-4lb is quite scientific and I will try to explain - for each pound of fat you lose you need to consume 3,500 calories less than your body requires, using the concept of a VLCD of around 500kcal over a week you consume 3,500kcals. The average ladies requires 14000kcal per week / the average man 17500kcal you are therefore just over 10000kcal short of your body's energy requirement and this should bring a weight reduction of 3lb each week. Add to this the structure of the diet, ie Ketosis, Low Carb, Low Sugar etc you generally find that you can lose extra as well, especially if you can drink plenty of regular water. 3- 4 Litres of water (this must be steady through the day and not all in one go !!!)

Hope this has helped... remember if you step on the scales they can go up or down some days, dependant on water retention, stools, body temperature, time of the month and others, a weekly weight is a better idea & always remember when you feel so down that you may cave, it is scientifically impossible not to lose weight on a diet of around 500kcal - 800kcal - Both are considered a VLCD - if staying the same or not losing there is always, always another reason or the body is just resting for a short while to catch up with itself,

The first month is so very hard, but you do really need to stick in there for one month to see the results. We all think that as we are not eating, the weight will drop off. Everyones Metabolic burn rate is different and generally after the first two weeks a 3-4lb is to be expected compared to a 1-2lb following conventional diet programmes. It is natural to want it to happen now and straight away, but we do need to let nature take it's natural course, your body to convert to fat burning, stop panicing and settle down into the programme, this all happens in the first month. One stone per month weight loss is the general amount most clients can expect to shed, sometimes a little more in the first month, so if you lose more than 14lb in one month it should be counted as a bonus

Even losing weight we all still have fat days. I bet though even though there's stuff you do like about yourself, when you see something you don't like look at something you do like. For example I hate my tummy, it's a lot bigger and Wobblier since having my children but I like my eyes and my hair when I bother to do it - two parts not affected by weight! Hope you have a good day, your doing great!

This is true!! Totm arrived so I think that's partly to blame but also because I have stepped out of denial which on the positive means I am addressing my weight and doing something about it but it comes with the negative of actually looking at my body and weight and realising how bad I got so quickly. But like you I do have great eyes and hair!!!

I am hoping a night out tomorrow will lift my spirits but just really really really wanna get back into ketosis quickly as I love this no hunger feeling and knowledge that I am fat burning every day!!

Read your article Lara and you're right it really helped, thank you! TOTM is still to happen for me following child birth so I'm just waiting lol. You're at a good weight now, wish I was in the tens! I bet you look great :D look how far you've come, you've done fantastically. Here's to eyes and hair ladies, definitely two of my own best features. I have the wobbly wobbly tummy after four kids too hehe xx

Read your article Lara and you're right it really helped, thank you! TOTM is still to happen for me following child birth so I'm just waiting lol. You're at a good weight now, wish I was in the tens! I bet you look great :D look how far you've come, you've done fantastically. Here's to eyes and hair ladies, definitely two of my own best features. I have the wobbly wobbly tummy after four kids too hehe xx

Oh glad it helped :)
Well one of my dresses fit me so I have something to wear tomorrow - not that bad,, def better than a few weeks ago..

Note to self: Pink dress I tried on doesn't zip up - try again in a few weeks!!

I woke up and did my usual grab for water (such a dry mouth on this diet!), then grabbed my stomach fat...(bit odd I know!) but so much less of it today (or so it seems). Feeling a lot slimmer. And not as worried to go out with a tight dress on tonight... It's amazing what can be done in 18days.

Hopefully this will make me more determined to have drinks tonight (vodka and diet mixers only) but get straight back on plan tomorrow. I have a busy afternoon so at least it keeps me out of the house from 11-4!

Also, the 25 squats I have been doing every time I go to the toilets, seem to be making a difference and getting easier. I've probably been doing about 125 a day most days for the past 18 days. So at the end of this I should have a nice butt!!!

One thing I really am going to miss is my boobs... They turned into double Ds when I've been 11-12 stone I loved them!!! But today I can def tell they have shrunk. When I am a size 10 they are more like a 34C but to me they seem smaller as I have always had a big bum/thigh area so would be nice to have bigger boobs to match. But I shouldn't complain really!

I woke up and did my usual grab for water (such a dry mouth on this diet!), then grabbed my stomach fat...(bit odd I know!) but so much less of it today (or so it seems). Feeling a lot slimmer. And not as worried to go out with a tight dress on tonight... It's amazing what can be done in 18days.

Hurrah! Positive confident Lara is back in town :) makes me happy *does a little happy dance*

Have fun tonight kiddo x

Hurrah! Positive confident Lara is back in town :) makes me happy *does a little happy dance* Have fun tonight kiddo x

You're right :) I am back!!!! Thanks xx

Back