Total Solution Restart 29/03/2015 Exante journey to 9st3 for life!

I did the same thing Lara! As in had a drink on my birthday there. It was not at all worth it really. Sounds like you had a great night though. Are you back in ketosis yet? I don't think I am but it takes me ages. Were you hungover or ok? You're doing really great x
Yeah I'm def back in ketosis. I had alcohol a week ago, and some fruit on the Sunday and Monday, but think I was back into ketosis by the Tuesday or Wednesday - it was very quick!!! I never get hangovers usually, but being on this diet, I did feel like a mess for the next couple of days and my body felt very "out of balance" if that makes any sense, like I needed sugars and salts or something.

Next drink will be in 13 days....!!

Before and after pics.....!! Here is 3weeks & 5 days ago... Let's call it 4 weeks. Alongside today's pictures.

image-3053251559.jpg image-3337175684.jpg

Definitely a difference.... Well so there should be after 4 weeks on this. Look forward to see how I look in 4 more weeks!

Last edited:
Definitely a very noticeable difference Lara!

Will be good to see how much difference there is at Christmas! :) well done so far.

Definite difference Lara! Well done! :)

Wow Lara! Major difference! You must be over the moon! It's great looking at the progress made - it gives such motivation that it's actually working and worth the effort. Well done hun x

Thanks ladies, it is great to see the difference. I've decided in 4 weeks unless I still haven't reach my bmi under 25 weight, I will up my calories and start my bootcamp classes again I want to gain some of the muscle I used to have! The only exercise I do now is squats. And I wouldn't do anymore on this due to risk of losing too much muscle.

I weighed in: I am 10st6 (-2.5lb, total loss 1st8lb)

The loss shows those 2 days of having extra tuna, egg and a bit of fruit, didn't really do much damage :)

Putting weight aside for a second, I can't believe it's been 4 weeks :) I had it in me to do it all along. I know and believe I can do another 4 now (with a couple of essential drinking alcohol days in there too!)

7 pounds to go until the 9s... And 11 pounds to go until bmi under 25!

Last edited:
well done x

Well done Lara you're doing so well! :)

Thanks so much. The encouragement means a lot :) I almost didn't believe I could get here but now I know of course I can.

I have a date in day time on 1st nov and will then go to my friends bday. So should work well and may have another 4-6 pounds off!

May meet another this weekend for a up of tea but not sure x

Well done Lara on the loss! Ooooh and dates coming up too ;-) x

Thank you both :) :) (a smile each!)

The date on 1st is a lunch time one. And I will go to my friends straight after. And we will drink that night.... So... I can have something healthy to eat for lunch; presuming we are going to eat which I guess we are. I could just skip breakfast and just have that one meal. That night I am staying at my friends house and then we will both go to my brothers birthday the next day. This is good because I have no post alcohol temptation to be alone with food. At my brothers pub lunch birthday, I have checked the menu and will either have a chicken Caesar salad with no dressing or croutons (maybe i could swap them for other salad ingredients or extra chicken?), to get back into ketosis ASAP or if I went hard on the vodka and really need it: they do a Roasted squash, tomato & baby gem salad, toasted seeds & a chilli jam dressing (I will hold the dressing and maybe the seeds?). I will probably be back late that eve, and will go to work on the Monday so hope to be well away from food. That's one seriously planned weekend semi - off.

The people I see on the 1st include that uncle who was brutal about my weight gain. I think I was about 11stone4 when he saw me so I should be over a stone lighter on my return!

Last time I did this diet, well it was slim&save, I had about 10pounds less to lose, but by week 4 I was having crazy binges, I even binged on food packs (Kira was there for those days, if you read this), but this time I'm not. Maybe partly because I am not near to goal, like I was then , having 10 pounds more to lose. Maybe partly because I've learnt more? And maybe partly because I have a better social life, that I want to get back to, and I have planned fun events to look forwards to. I think I was pretty depressed and lonely the last time I seriously did a VLCD for a long stint.

I keep getting excited at the fact that I've only got 4 weeks left on this diet, and then I will start the bootcamp classes. I just need to make sure my weight goes down 11 pounds by then, and that my back is strong enough to exercise.

Wow! Lara you Re looking fab! What a difference in just less than 4 weeks! Brilliant!

Thanks :) and thanks for checking in on me. How are you getting on? Xxx

I'm feeling peckish. Not physically... More just wanting to eat I think. I am to-ing and fro-ing about having a hard boiled egg (what has my life come to?!). I want to get as near as possible to 10stone by 1st November.

Right. I think I'll wash my hair. Paint my nails. Call a friend. Have some tea!

I have one more pack left but will try and hold out until 7 or 8pm..

I went to physio today and my stomach was so embarrassing. It was growling like crazy!!!

I did all the things I said I would - washed hair, called friend and done nails. Just finished my last meal pack. A slim & save spaghetti Bolognese. I have to say the exante meal packs are much nicer (I have a few slim and save packs mixed in with the exante). Didn't enjoy it at all.

Back