Restarting again!

Hello everyone,

Its time to restart Exante again. Long story short I got down to 12stone 11lb. Moved away from home into my first property, fell in love and became comfortable. From 01/2019 to now I have regained three stone.

Well never a reason not to change and start again. I started yesterday. Only difference is im allowing myself soya milk in my tea and a coffee with coffee whitner. Other than that, three packs a day.

A lot has changed - stresses are still about but they always will be. I now have my partners support - no more takeaways to the house. We both need this change. On the 12th of June we are getting a whippet puppy - lots of walks to be done!

Hope all is well.

Starting weight: 16 Stone 1lb (13/05/2020)

Ooo!!! I really need to lose this weight and keep it off. I dont bother dressing up - constantly insecure and the temporary comfort food provides is just not worth it. Causing all my problems!

How's it going @rewiringmymind we're almost through our first week?
Ahhh not too badly, i weighed myself and im 7lb down. This wednesday it will be a week 😊 ive been adding wild garlic and lemon juice to my pasta carbonaras and its so yummy 😊😊 how about you?

Yay, that's excellent @rewiringmymind ! Wednesday is my one week too and I'm not expecting a huge loss, although I've stuck to it 100%. I'm only wanting to lose 2 stone, plus I'm an old bird lol, so I'll be happy with a slow and steady 2-3 lbs a week.

I've been adding tabasco and chilli and garlic to the soups and meals, which has made them more palatable 🌶:)

Oooooo!!! We have similar weight loss!!! Although im only on three packs i do have a coffee with low fat whitner or tea with soya mill added in so i think it will roughly add up in a day. Awww i think ive just always struggled if i dont do it quickly. Me and my partner had got into a rut of a takeaway nearly everynight since lockdown. Ive asked to be a bridesmaid in May so really hoping i can slim down and maintain before then. I think tomorrows weigh in will show im 8lbs down this week - fingers crossed. Do you weigh yourself daily? Ive always gone up and down in weight but i really need to get my act together. Always feel horrible dressed up:(

Hey,

Just checking in to see how you are getting on?

I weigh daily and I know they say you shouldn't but I honestly can't help myself and it keeps me on track.

Its great that you have the full support of your partner, that should help you massively.

Ooo I've switched to a 5 2 style with the packs after my first week. I'd lost 7lbs and after speaking to my partner decided it would be best to try and make a lifestyle change. I like using the packs because they reduce cravings and clear my system of sugar cravings. I stick to 1400 on my non fast days and packs on my fast days. I think I will probably end up doing a week or two on exante to speed things up but my goal is to get to my ideal weight by next May. How are you finding things?

I'm finding it really good this time, I think the fact that I am away from all the usual temptations of life right now is really helping so I am using this time wisely to build new habits that I can carry on for life.

I'm now down to 14st 9lbs which means I've now lost 2st 2lbs during lockdown.

So happy with that.

I think my plan right now is to stick to exactly what I am doing until I get to my last stone to lose then drop a day on products every week until I am doing the 5:2 like yourself. That way I can build in some good eating habits along the way.

Ohh well done!! 2 stone and 2lbs in lockdown!! Good idea with your plan :) I think im in a good headspace at the moment - I stick to 3 meals a day, im not hungry inbetween. I am feeling very good - not letting work stress get to me as much. I love working from home, but call centre work is soul destroying! Start my MSc in September so something there to focus on. Im just glad that im not having strong cravings. I had a calorie controlled portion of sweets the other day and didnt crave or want more at all. I think the fact that I dont calorie count milk in tea or the odd coffee with whitner has helped me find everything less tedious in calorie counting. We got this :D

Thanks.

Oh I've worked in call centres for nearly 20 years, I'm off the phones now right enough but I totally get your struggles.

We sure do!!

Oh gosh 20 years! I'm working in car insurance and urgh - I always get a sense of dread before getting a call - it's the roulette of what type of person is going to be on the other side. I'm searching for something else but it's the worst climate for a job change

Yup, I always say that call centres are like the factories of our generation!

I'm lucky now that I'm off the phones but I worked hard and long to get there.

I really enjoy my job now.

Yup, I always say that call centres are like the factories of our generation!

I'm lucky now that I'm off the phones but I worked hard and long to get there.

I really enjoy my job now.
Ooo what do you do now?

I still work in a call center environment but I now work on the database that holds all the policies and processes for the advisors on the phone.

I actually love it so I do.

Back