Returners to Lighterlife

Geri

Gold Member
Hello!
Welcome to the returners section of the forum :D

For whatever reason you have found yourself to be a returner, ( myself included! :rolleyes: ) I'm sure we can all use this section to give and receive support and finish this journey we started...:D

Lighterlife really will give us a Lighter Life :D

Lets get this show on the road, and keep it there :p

Post away! :)

Hi, I'm not a retuner but wondered if you do return do you have to go through foundation again or do you start in development for as long as needed?

Thanks

Helen

Hiya
Returners follow a separate programme, and is usually in blocks of 4 weeks, so you would do as many blocks of 4 weeks as was necs, and then go onto Management.

HTH

Hi, I am a returner! I have completed 4 1/2 weeks and it is so much harder than last time. I have managed to lose 16lbs in that time, but I just don't find it as easy as before. Anyone else feel this way?

I'm a returner too. I restarted on Thurs so am now on day 4 and in ketosis - thankfully. I've had numerous failed restarts since Christmas and although I found Foundation easy, I think my head just wasn't in the right place for the restarts. Restarting is much harder than first time round. I think part of the reason is not just lost enthusiasm but that on Foundation you're more focused and there is more structure and support in the program. So this time round I am:
1: Commiting to doing this for 13 weeks with no cheating, no breaks and no exceptions
2: Telling everyone what I'm doing
3: Putting a chart on the fridge and getting my DH involved by asking him to design a motivational chart and plot my progress
4:Committing for the first time to a specific target weight - I WILL be 11 stone 10 and have a healthy BMI!
5:Having a positive mental attitude - I'm not telling myself I will "try" to do this as that just sets me up for failure. I WILL do it this time!!

It is much tougher as a restarter but we can do it - we need to stay strong and support each other.
x

Hi, I am a returner! I have completed 4 1/2 weeks and it is so much harder than last time. I have managed to lose 16lbs in that time, but I just don't find it as easy as before. Anyone else feel this way?

Hiya CheekyMare,
wow 16lbs gone already, great stuff :D

Sorry to read you're not finding it as easy this time round. Is there anything in particular you are finding hard?

Keep shaking tho coz those shakes will get you where you wanna be :p

I'm a returner too. I restarted on Thurs so am now on day 4 and in ketosis - thankfully. Well done, you're nearly over the worst of it now, keep going :p I've had numerous failed restarts since Christmas and although I found Foundation easy, I think my head just wasn't in the right place for the restarts. Yep, head def has to be in the right place, sounds like yours is now.. great stuff Restarting is much harder than first time round. I think part of the reason is not just lost enthusiasm but that on Foundation you're more focused and there is more structure and support in the program. So this time round I am:
1: Commiting to doing this for 13 weeks with no cheating, no breaks and no exceptions
2: Telling everyone what I'm doing
3: Putting a chart on the fridge and getting my DH involved by asking him to design a motivational chart and plot my progress
4:Committing for the first time to a specific target weight - I WILL be 11 stone 10 and have a healthy BMI!
5:Having a positive mental attitude - I'm not telling myself I will "try" to do this as that just sets me up for failure. I WILL do it this time!! Great Smart goals you have there :p

It is much tougher as a restarter but we can do it - we need to stay strong and support each other.
x
Def :p

I thought I'd try my hand at 'multi quoting' obv it didnt quite work lol

How's things progressing?

Keep shaking girlies :p

Hiya westiegirl
This is a new section, which is prob why you didn't see it before :D

Best of luck to you on your 28 day challenge :D How's it going so far??

I think I found the perfect group of people as me.
I lost 6 1/2 stones from May of last year until
oct.
I was so close to my goal.........
I have put on 2 stones.........
I know the resons , My life kind of feel apart
I have booked a tummy tuck for late in the year.
so the plan is I am starting back with LL 100% on Fri.until goal.my life is back on track.
Susan

Hi all and Geri, I don't know why I am finding it so hard this time, probably because I really want to eat. I go to Costa's most days and look at the chocolate twists and really want one. I am almost down to the weight I was at xmas, just 2 lbs to go. Once I have lost more I think my determination will be back. I guess I am just disgusted with myself for struggling to lose weight that I had already achieved, if you know what I mean. I am due to go for my weigh in tomorrow although I tend to go by my own scales. I want to lose another stone, then I will be 9st 11 lbs, how cool will that be! I haven't been that weight since before I had my lovely kiddies. I am planning on getting there by the end of June so its really not too bad. Then I will switch to maintenance instead of going it alone like I did last time. Thanks for reading, and hope to hear from you all soon.

Woo hoo hoo - Geri's has just discovered how to multi quote :p Not sure what'll look like by the time I've finished tho, Here goes :D

I think I found the perfect group of people as me.
I lost 6 1/2 stones from May of last year until
oct.
I was so close to my goal.........
I have put on 2 stones.........
I know the resons , My life kind of feel apart
I have booked a tummy tuck for late in the year.
so the plan is I am starting back with LL 100% on Fri.until goal.my life is back on track.
Susan
Hiya Susan,
glad you found us :p All the best for your restart on Friday, you'll have that 2 stone off in no time... There's 2 new flavours out now, so something exciting for you lol

Hi all and Geri, I don't know why I am finding it so hard this time, probably because I really want to eat. I go to Costa's most days and look at the chocolate twists and really want one. I am almost down to the weight I was at xmas, just 2 lbs to go. Once I have lost more I think my determination will be back. I guess I am just disgusted with myself for struggling to lose weight that I had already achieved, if you know what I mean. I am due to go for my weigh in tomorrow although I tend to go by my own scales. I want to lose another stone, then I will be 9st 11 lbs, how cool will that be! I haven't been that weight since before I had my lovely kiddies. I am planning on getting there by the end of June so its really not too bad. Then I will switch to maintenance instead of going it alone like I did last time. Thanks for reading, and hope to hear from you all soon.

Hiya CheekyMare :p
Wow, Why do you go to Costa's most days? Is it to get stuff for work? If so can someone else not go instead? I take my hat off to you, with all that temptation :eek: Sure that 2lb will shift soon... Least you know with this diet you can judge near enough how long it'll take to lose the extra pounds :p Def do Manangement, tis the key :p

Just had my weigh-in and lost 5lbs! Hurray!!!:scale:

5lbs woohoo thats fantastic, well done to YOU :p

I'm doing ok, nearing the end of day one, (yep another one! :eek: ) Havn't had enough water but will work up to the 4 litres over the next few days :D

How are you all doing today?

westie girl where you gone girl?

Keep shaking everyone :p

westie girl where you gone girl?

I'm still here, still plugging!

Spent an intensive day on the 'puter at work yesterday so got a headache and gave my eyes a rest last night!

I'm on day 4 today. 3 days done and dusted. Day 2 was a bit hairy (had a bar crisis - ate 5 in all :sign0007:) but not gonna have any more for a while now. Yesterday was a good one and I'm hoping today is gonna be even better.

Got my LL meeting tonight which I'm actually looking forward to for a change - should be hopefully be getting an update on my fellow LL meeting 28 day challengers.

Gosh I want this mojo to last!!!!

Ooooh westie,
Well done for getting to day 4 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ( one clap for each day :D )

Wow 5 bars in one day :eek: Hope you didnt have too many side affects!:p Good idea to keep off them for a while, till you can trust yourself - mind you tis was better than eating conventional food, so well done on that :p

Great to hear you sounding soo positive, good luck with your weigh in tonight :)

Day 2 for me today, dare I say I think my 'switch' may have been turned on lol I'm keeping off the scales, for the time being anyway - will get a nice suprise when I do eventually get on 'em :p

Keep shaking everyone :)

Ooooh westie,
Well done for getting to day 4 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ( one clap for each day :D )

Wow 5 bars in one day :eek: Hope you didnt have too many side affects!:p Good idea to keep off them for a while, till you can trust yourself - mind you tis was better than eating conventional food, so well done on that :p

Great to hear you sounding soo positive, good luck with your weigh in tonight :)

Day 2 for me today, dare I say I think my 'switch' may have been turned on lol I'm keeping off the scales, for the time being anyway - will get a nice suprise when I do eventually get on 'em :p

Keep shaking everyone :)

Thanks Geri, not too bad on the side effects, but I have had a really bad time with bars recently. Being eating lots of them - they are as close as food as you can get on this crazy diet. Taking a step back!

Well done on day 2, I'm afraid I'm a serial scale hopper! Get on everyday, but I don't let it rule my life and don't get upset when they fluctuate on a day to day basis, in fact they keep me more motivated than anything!

Hope you have a great day today :D.

Hi Gerry, i am brand new to this site, and am on the LL programme, restarted again last tuesday so this is my 4th day, i started just after xmas and lost 17lbs in 3 weeks, then due to work committments etc, i had to leave, i knew it would be hard in the first week again, i am great mon to friday but harder on weekends, i need to lose 4 1/2 stone,
but due to my job (out on the road 4 days a week) i am finding it difficult to drink all of the water, do you think this will affect my weight loss?
thanks,

Hi,
Well I want to restart - I lost 3.5 stone until novemeber then started messing around and never got my head back in gear.

I have started myself i still have 2 weeks worth of supplies, but dont know what to do with my counsellor, im scared incase she makes me pay for all the weeks I have missed, i havent been to her in 2 months.

What should I do? Do all counsellors do the returners session?

Back