Returning to succeed

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie
Hi folks - I lost nearly 6 st with CD in 2007 and managed to keep most of it off for 2-3 years. Became complacent, I guess and the yo-yo eating / dieting resulted in a gain of about 4st. Amazing how it creeps up and we con ourselves!!!
Well - couple of reasons for wake up time for me .......
1. Had a few interviews for promotion this year and have not been successful. I am good at my job but realise I have not been confident. Weight contributes to how I present myself to strangers and also how they perceive me. Being slim won't make me better at my job but will give the right impression!!

2. Just saw pics of a recent break in Barcelona and I am shocked. However, when I was there I was aware that I sized up chairs in restaurants to see if I would fit comfortably!!!! And I had to breathe in to fasten the seatbelt in the plane too......

3. Just celebrated my 50th birthday last month and I want to have fun now that I can afford to - nice clothes, holidays etc.

i am on holiday from school so this is a good time to get focused. I have 3 weeks of shakes from weight to go so will use these as a kick start. Been looking at slim & save and that looks ideal so going to order a sample pack today.

Glad to be back and I see that there has been some relaxation of site rules - had my fingers rapped for mentioning the Kee diet a few years ago. Glad that we can exchange experiences and tips more freely now.

Finished day 1 with 4 shakes and lots of water. I was delighted to see Russiandoll on site again - a sign for me!!! We can do this together friend!

Day 2 - bring it on......

Well I am glad that day 2 is over!!! Felt crap all day - fuzzy brain, nausea, cold and dizzy lol. Made the mistake of having a hot bath to warm myself and thought I was going to faint when I got out - what an idiot!!!
On the plus side - swollen ankles have gone and I do not feel hungry! also, sent for slim &save samples this morning and got message to say they would be delivered tomorrow. Sick of WTG chocolate shakes so intend to mix and match instead of finishing shakes first. Some hot food or drink will be welcomed.
Hope everyone else is ok - Ionwards and DOWNWARDS !!!!

Welcome back and good luck :)

Day 4 done and feeling much better - guess ketosis is kicking in!!

Sample pack arrived - impressive delivery ! Soup was welcome cos I was sooo cold. Love coconut bar and truffle bar. Had chilli tonight and enjoyed that very much. Need to shop for some veg. Porridge a challenge - really watery but I mixed in some psyllium husks and it was bearable!!

I can do this!!! Scales very encouraging too.

Well week 1 finished and just over 9lbs gone so very pleased. Probably would have been another lb but not been to loo for a few days so started adding psyllium husks to shakes lol! Put on a pair of jeans this morning and already notice the difference!

Getting into the stride now - no hunger and feeling great. Might try to add some exercise this week. Definitely like the added vegetables and food on s&s. Sample packs almost gone so will be ordering a supply this week.

Dissertation going ok - feel like I know what I am doing now so on a roll with that too!

Bring on week 2 x

Woooohooooo 9lbs gone - that's amazing!!!! Well done!!!

Day 3 for me and I am hungry hungry hungry cold!

Good luck with this week!!

Thanks Elaine - day 3 was worst for me so hang in there!!! It will be better tomorrow x

Anne-Marie said:
Thanks Elaine - day 3 was worst for me so hang in there!!! It will be better tomorrow x

Thank youuuu!!! Hopefully ketosis soon!

My obsession with weighing myself every morning is sometimes a pain - no loss on the scales for 4 days. Not affecting my commitment though - clothes def getting looser!!

Well- had a day off on Sunday. Went to Edinburgh to see my daughter and had breakfast with her. Had muesli and natural yogurt. Then invited to have tea with friends so diet out the window. Scales hadn't moved for 4 days so changed the battery. Back on track yesterday but had a cupcake for nephews birthday. Sooooo between possibly inaccurate scales last week and my off track confessions scales now say 16st 12lbs which is 2.25lbs up on Saturday : (

Oh well.......back to the grind lol 100% for rest of the week and hopefully good losses x

Last edited:
Well things going slower than planned. I have had an event every week which involved eating and drinking! Decided that I do not want my life to go on hold so just having a day off as required. In 7 weeks I have lost 17lbs which is not great for a vlcd but fine considering the distractions! Hoping to get into the 15s next week!

You will still loose but obviously staying in ketosis losses be more. Eating out etc can fit in with plan for sure.

Either way your doing great hun :) Xx

Night off on Friday has cost - feeling nauseous today - must be heading back into ketosis lol!!

well done so far , youll get there :0) xx

Back