REVISED - My Final Refeed Menu / Plan ... Is it ok?

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
REVISED REFEED PLAN
Thankyou everyone for your comments, suggestions etc i have taken it all on board (i think) if there is anything else please let me know! I want to desperatly get this right as i dont want this weight to go back on!
Have added 2 carb portions on some days - although i am wary of this, i dont have to eat it all if i am full though do i so hopefully i will be ok! :fingerscrossed:
Dont suppose you could all have another goose and let me know if there is anything wrong with this plan? I'd appreciate it :D

Day 1 – Monday 22nd
B – LT Shake.
L – LT Shake.
D – Foil Baked Chicken Breast and vegetables.

Day 2 – Tuesday 23rd
B – LT Shake.
L – Boiled Egg and Tuna Salad with Mixed Salad Leaves, Cucumber, Orange Pepper and Low Fat Vinegarette.
D – Foil Baked Chicken Breast and Vegetables.

Day 3 – Wednesday 24th
B – LT Shake
L – Chicken Baked with Fromage Frais and Fresh Herbs with Mixed Salad.
D – Skinless and Boneless Coley Portion Baked with 5 Small Potatoes.

Day 4 – Thursday 25th
B – LT Shake.
L – Ham Salad Sandwich (mixed leaves, cucumber and fresh basil) on 2 Slices of Wholemeal Bread with fromage frais.
D – Baked Salmon Fillet with Small Potatoes and Vegetables.
S – 1 or 2 Pieces of Fruit. Low Fat Yogurt.

Day 5 – Friday 26th
B – LT Shake.
L – Prawns with Fromage Frais, Paprika Spice, Small Potatoes Mashed with Chives.
D – Boiled Egg and Ham Salad with Mixed Leaves, Cucumber, Orange Pepper and Low Fat Vinegarette.
S – 1 or 2 Pieces of Fruit. Low Fat Yogurt.

Day 6 – Saturday 27th
B – LT Shake.
L – Prawn Salad Sandwich with Fromage Frais and Paprika Spice on 2 Slices of Wholemeal Bread. Low Fat Yogurt.
D – Baked Chicken Breast with Fromage Frais and Basil with Cooked Vegetables and Small Potatoes.
S – 1 or 2 Pieces of Fruit.

Day 7 – Sunday 28th
B – LT Shake.
L – Tuna Mixed with Fromage Frais and Chives, Salad with Mixed Leaves, Cucumber, Orange Pepper. Low Fat Yogurt.
D – Spaghetti Bolognaise made with Turkey Mince and Low Fat Bolognaise Sauce with Added Fresh Basil.
S – 1 or 2 Pieces of Fruit.

Last edited:
On day 2 aren't we supposed to replace a shake with another meal? Have I got that wrong or is this your own version of the menu?

Get you replying in double quick time! :giggle:
Yeah thats what the refeed says to do but im not sure about it - do you think i should? I'd quite like to do it that way but if its going to hinder me i will just have the 1 shake. xx

I think cos you're going away so soon after I would have the 2 meals a day so my body got used to eating 3 meals a day. You can do what feels right for you though.

I'm going shopping on saturday for all my bits. Your menu looks really good though and I will be pinching your idea for tuna and boiled egg sald too, yummy!!

When people cook a chicken breast and use fromage frais and herbs, do they cover the breast with it then put it in the oven? Have never done this before so just wanted to check it out.

Yeah thats how im going to cook the chicken. Fromage frais, herbs, salt and pepper and bung it in an oven proof dish and whack it in the oven :drool:

Ok, i think i may have 2 meals from the 2nd day then :eek: xx

Thanks Tanya.

Also for my first meal I was going to do a chicken breast, dry fried for a few minutes each side to seal it then put in the oven with salt and pepper on. Do you think cooking it that way will be all right cos I'm not adding any fat whatsoever? Hope so cos I'm really looking forward to it.

Can't believe our hols are so close now and that we are actually refeeding so soon, can you?

I cant see why that would be a problem bev - aslong as were not adding anything we shouldnt be then i guess its ok to do :) Just be careful it dont stick to the pan! :giggle:

I cant believe it either! You are refeeding sat right? So your going shopping on the day? Im tempted to do that but im not sure i can contain my excitement! :rotflmao:

It's going to be weird asking for only 7 shakes in the chemist on saturday too. I might pick up a few maintenance products whilst there too, just in case I want some of them.

I'm shopping saturday so at least my salad stuff will be nice and fresh. It's going to be so weird picking up stuff for myself, these last 24 weeks all I've looked at is stuff for hubby and daughter! Mind you I have already stocked up on chicken breasts and tuna which I will be living on this first week.

I only have 18 more shakes to drink until I eat my first meal. That sounds so good!!

i think on day six youve written down to have a drink..i really wouldnt until youve finished refeeding...can be dangerous and because your body isnt used to it, you may get light headed really quick and you dont want to get sick.

im going on what happened when a friend on here refed last year (when i did lt before) and was majorly ill so i really wouldnt advise it

sorry to put a dampner on it..just leave it a bit til youve finished the refeed xxx

h xx

I think it will be ok as i will be out of ketosis, thats the main thing and i want to have one on the saturday night as im going on holiday on the wed so gota get it out of the way at home first!

Bev, 18 shakes!!!!! whoooo!!!! i have 19 shakes to drink before my first meal ... are you sure you have 18?!! dont you have about 12ish ...? Have you managed to get some free maintance samples delievered Bev?

I have managed to get them delievered to 4 houses so have 20 of them!! :giggle: but you have to use a different email address for different houses! Give it a whirl! Saves forking more money out for them! :D

Sounds about right, as long as you have one shake and maybe a tuna salad at the lunch. Balsamic vinegar is JUST heavenly...I used to always have low-fat salad cream before LT...not any more. Also, tried FOUR Tescos and Asda's and can't blooming find ANY low-fat natural fromage frais to make my potato salad...only the kiddy fruity ones!!!!! :flamingmad: By the by, I love adding some chilli flakes to the potato salad......mmmmm!!! How many sleeps left???:giggle:

Well done

Its great to see you both so excited about refeed . Its actually infectious.:D. Managed to get tesco light option fromage frais today (couldnt get a light one here for ages.) will be trying your chicken breast recipe before the week is out summer. Well done for sticking it out to the bitter end girls. With that willpower I know you will have no problem on refeed .

Supa - 6 sleeps to go!!!!! lol I looked at sainsburys yesterday and they have low fat fromage frais and so does my asda. Its with all the natural yogurts :)

Mch - i cant wait to try out that chicken too .... mmmmmm :drool:

I think it will be ok as i will be out of ketosis, thats the main thing and i want to have one on the saturday night as im going on holiday on the wed so gota get it out of the way at home first!

:silly: ok well thats obviously up to you :) have a great holiday ..i bet your looking forward to eating something again arent you...cant wait either :) though must remember to eat the right things this time round lol

h xx

Id push salmon back from day 3 to day 4 on that plan personally as its quite an oily fish

But the main thing is i would extend it out from the 7 days to however many you have before your holiday, think it says ten days?

I would repeat day one and two and make them your first 4 days or repeat day 1 and 3

would be like

day 1 - 22nd
day 1 - 23rd
day 2 - 24th
day 3 - 25th
day 3 - 26th
day 4 - 27th
day 5 - 28th
day 6 - 29th
day 7 - 30th

If that helps just to spread it out and intoduce you a little more gradualy

Ok cool thanks adam i shall have a goose later when ive got a bit more time and try and change things around :) thanks xx

You're right Tanya, I only have 12 shakes left to go. What was I thinking!!

I had 3 lots of the free samples delivered so will give them a whirl when I need to. Can't wait to try the caramel bar.

Here it is, my final refeed menu plan!!
Going shopping on friday to get all the stuff i need for monday. Although maybe i should go monday as the salad will be fresher? Yeah? Oh i duno lol Im excited to shop for myself for a change thats why i wana go friday! lol
How long does fromage frais usually last?

Day 1 – Monday 22nd
B – LT Shake
L – LT Shake
D – 4oz chicken breast, salt, pepper baked in the oven in water
2 tablespoons vegetables.

Day 2 – Tuesday 23rd
B – LT Shake
L – LT Shake
D – 4oz chicken breast, grilled, small bowl mixed salad leaves, cucumber and orange pepper.
Low fat vinegarette.

Day 3 – Wednesday 24th
B – LT Shake
L – LT Shake
D – Salmon fillet, baked with salt and pepper. Small bowl of mixed salad, cucumber and orange pepper and 4 small potatoes (no more than 8oz) boiled with salt. Fromage frais and some mixed herbs as a sauce.

Day 4 – Thursday 25th
B – LT Shake
L – Tuna Sandwich.
1 tin tuna mixed with fromage frais, chives and pepper. 2 slices of brown bread, mixed salad leaves and cucumber. Low fat yogurt.
D – 4oz Coley fillet, baked with fromage frais and chilli powder.
2 tablespoons vegetables.
Snacks – 1 or 2 pieces of fruit.
Day 5 – Friday 26th
B – LT Shake
L – 4/5 boiled potatoes with prawns mixed with natural yogurt and paprikia spice. Low fat yogurt.
D – Boiled egg and tuna salad. 2 eggs, 1 tin of tuna mixed with fromage frais and herbs, mixed salad leaves, cucumber, orange pepper, low fat vinegarette and an extra light cheese triangle.

Day 6 – Saturday 27th
B – LT Shake
L – Prawns with fromage frais and paprika spice, mixed salad leaves, cucumber and orange pepper.
D – Baked chicken breast, cooked vegetables, 4 small potatoes boiled and mashed with fromage frais and chives.
Alcohol Night, Vodka and diet coke.

Day 7 – Sunday 28th
B – LT Shake and piece of fruit
L – Tuna and egg salad sandwich, fromage frais, mixed salad leaves and cucumber. Extra light cheese triangle. 2 slices wholemeal bread.
D – Spaghetti bolognaise made with turkey mince and low fat/calorie bolognaise sauce.
Snacks – fruit and low fat yogurt.

So what do ya all think?
Is it ok? Am i missing anything?
Im only doing 7 days refeed, naughty i know but after the 7 days ive only 3 days untill my holiday and so the monday will be my first day of 3 meals a day :eek:

FF has a dead long date - the one I got on sat has 29/6 on it. I use one every few days so don't know how long it would last once open - they say use within 3 days usually but I've had it longer than that.

Just a couple of things if you don't mind me saying....

Go easy on the salt - Personally I never add it to anything, things taste much more salty than I remember them - ham etc. Also it can influence water retention. Now probably the amount you're talking about cooking with wouldn't do that - I wouldn't be willing to take the chance but it's obviously entirely up to you. (but then I'm a whimp and was terrified of the effect ANYTHING might have after such an extreme diet!) I'm more concerned that you don't spoil the taste of your first REAL meal. Couldn't you add the salt at the table if you felt it needed it?

Also - you don't need the water you know ... just put the chicken breast in tin foil to keep all the moisture in and don't do it for more than 20 mins. there's probably nothing wrong with adding the water, I'd just be afraid it might take away some of the taste ..... ?

When I do mine with herbs & from frais I put the herbs on the chicken and then a large dessertspoonful of ff which I spread over the top, wrap in tinfoil & bake for 20 mins (190 degrees)

DEFFO have 2 meals from day 2!!

You've got salt again with salmon on day 3 AND in the pots ..... I wouldn't do it kid - you shouldn't add it in cooking as a matter of course - it's just not good for you, only at the table and then only if you really need it. Sorry if I sound as if I'm preaching but you don't need it - If you can I'd take this opportunity to get out of the habit - that's all it is. When I did Carol Vordeman years ago I REALLY missed salt at first but then got used to not having it. You can really taste the food then, please at least try it ....... ?

I'm with Adam on the salmon thing too ... just in case ..

Your egg & tuna salad sounds YUMMY!!! Actually - I haven't had any eggs yet .... hmmmmm ...

Sorry but I wouldn't be having the alcohol that quickly either - up to you of course ...

And finally ... (at last she says .... go away and enjoy your holiday and stop picking on me! ;) ) .... day 7 seems to be the only day you have carbs twice .... ? To refeed properly you should really have 2 servings a day from day 4. I understand that you may not want to - if you want to continue to lose leave it as it is - if you want to get your body used to food properly again before your hol (but probably sts) then if I were you I'd follow the plan 100% .... that worked for me.

Sorry if this is a bit more than you bargained for sweetie ... but you did aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarsk ;) xxx

Last edited:
Ok cool thanks adam i shall have a goose later when ive got a bit more time and try and change things around :) thanks xx

No problems :cool:

FF has a dead long date - the one I got on sat has 29/6 on it. I use one every few days so don't know how long it would last once open - they say use within 3 days usually but I've had it longer than that.

Just a couple of things if you don't mind me saying....

Go easy on the salt - Personally I never add it to anything, things taste much more salty than I remember them - ham etc. Also it can influence water retention. Now probably the amount you're talking about cooking with wouldn't do that - I wouldn't be willing to take the chance but it's obviously entirely up to you. (but then I'm a whimp and was terrified of the effect ANYTHING might have after such an extreme diet!) I'm more concerned that you don't spoil the taste of your first REAL meal. Couldn't you add the salt at the table if you felt it needed it?

Also - you don't need the water you know ... just put the chicken breast in tin foil to keep all the moisture in and don't do it for more than 20 mins. there's probably nothing wrong with adding the water, I'd just be afraid it might take away some of the taste ..... ?

When I do mine with herbs & from frais I put the herbs on the chicken and then a large dessertspoonful of ff which I spread over the top, wrap in tinfoil & bake for 20 mins (190 degrees)

DEFFO have 2 meals from day 2!!

You've got salt again with salmon on day 3 AND in the pots ..... I wouldn't do it kid - you shouldn't add it in cooking as a matter of course - it's just not good for you, only at the table and then only if you really need it. Sorry if I sound as if I'm preaching but you don't need it - If you can I'd take this opportunity to get out of the habit - that's all it is. When I did Carol Vordeman years ago I REALLY missed salt at first but then got used to not having it. You can really taste the food then, please at least try it ....... ?

I'm with Adam on the salmon thing too ... just in case ..

Your egg & tuna salad sounds YUMMY!!! Actually - I haven't had any eggs yet .... hmmmmm ...

Sorry but I wouldn't be having the alcohol that quickly either - up to you of course ...

And finally ... (at last she says .... go away and enjoy your holiday and stop picking on me! ;) ) .... day 7 seems to be the only day you have carbs twice .... ? To refeed properly you should really have 2 servings a day from day 4. I understand that you may not want to - if you want to continue to lose leave it as it is - if you want to get your body used to food properly again before your hol (but probably sts) then if I were you I'd follow the plan 100% .... that worked for me.

Sorry if this is a bit more than you bargained for sweetie ... but you did aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarsk ;) xxx

Not at all jan - you are very helpful! I will indeed stay off the salt - its just i always cook with it and think i need it to taste but i will for defo not add it to my first meal and see how it goes!!

As for cooking chicken - im guna try it in the tin foil instead of the water then. Do i just place it on a baking sheet yeah and then in the oven?

The carb thing - im not planning on over doing carbs as i know this was the route of my problems before LT which is why i have been so cautious with it in my menus! :( damn things! lol But i will do my menu again tomorrow including two meals from day 2 - although that is very scary! and 2 portions of carbs from day 4 - i mean i dont have to eat it all if i feel full now do i!?

Thanks jan :) xxx

Back