Cruise PV Rhubarb!

samjay123

Silver Member
Wow! Just had my first rhubarb while being on dukan. What a treat! I put some cooked rhubarb in a dish with sweetener on top then topped it with oatbran like a crumble and popped in the oven, served with sweetened yoghurt. I can't believe how nice it was!

Has anyone got any other rhubarb recipes?

If I have cooked rhubarb left over I freeze it then use it to make instant rhubard frozen desert - just blitz the frozen barb and yogurt together in a processor for a few seconds!

Wow! Just had my first rhubarb while being on dukan. What a treat! I put some cooked rhubarb in a dish with sweetener on top then topped it with oatbran like a crumble and popped in the oven, served with sweetened yoghurt. I can't believe how nice it was!

Has anyone got any other rhubarb recipes?

Mmmmmmmmmmm!

That sounds nice.

At what temp and how long did you cook if for Sam?

I sent OH to the freezer shop and he's bought me 2K (yep!)... so hopefully my "transit" issues will be a thing of the past!

Although the "crumble" idea sounds nice, I can't have it because I love my breakfast muffins too much.

I'm going to try Atropos's 'barb + a little water and sweetener idea.

Bon appetit!

Was lovely. About 15-20mins. On 230. I mixed sweetener and a teaspoon of water with the oatbran first and just before it went in the oven I gave it 2 sprays with frylite in the hope it would make it crisp up but I don't think it made a difference. I was reading on the FAQ and it says about custard powder as a tolerated food. Which would be delicious on this. Yes definitely going to try the frozen dessert. X

Was lovely. About 15-20mins. On 230. I mixed sweetener and a teaspoon of water with the oatbran first and just before it went in the oven I gave it 2 sprays with frylite in the hope it would make it crisp up but I don't think it made a difference. I was reading on the FAQ and it says about custard powder as a tolerated food. Which would be delicious on this. Yes definitely going to try the frozen dessert. X

That's great thanks.

You could make some nice creamy home made yoghurt in the slow cooker, that will be nice with the rhubarb.

See my sig for the link to the recipe.

;)

Yep it's a veg so not tolerated on PV days, I got fresh rhubarb in tesco today yum yum

I'm a new convert although am staggered at how little you actually get to eat once it's cooked!

How do you make your rhubarb muffins Chris?

I mean do you mash the rhubarb before adding or add it in pieces.

I am in stabilization so buy the tins of rhubarb in light syrup (and eat after draining).

I stir cooked rhubarb (better if its not in chunks) in with the muffin mix dont put too much in as the muffins could come out too soggy.

Back