Ria-Lou's round 2 - Determind to get the weight off this year!

You're on it girl! Do you feel like you are making a move towards more consistent on plannage? xxxx

Training day done = X1 frazzled brain!! Tea cooked and eaten - pulled pork with sweet potato wedges and corn on the cob! Nom nom!!

Back to work tomorrow but not sure what to have for lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done chick xxxx

Morning all - well I slept ok last night but woke up this morning feeling like I've no energy again. I've spoken to the doctors and she has confirmed that my thyroid test is ok, and my full blood check is ok too, so due to the problems I'm having with AF, she's going to send me for a consultant appointment for a scan and investigation. I should get the appointment within 2-3 weeks.

I think I've found one solution this morning for why the scales are not budging - I popped my all bran golden crunch in my bowl and then thought 'I'll just check how much that is' .....cue shocked face...... what I thought looked like 35g is actually 51g!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: so lesson learned for me today is to weigh and measure the cereal and fill out with fruit!

I've got hold of a copy of the updated HEA/HEB and free foods list, so I can check that what I'm eating is what I should be eating.

todays eats:-
B- all bran golden crunch - 51gs off!
S- Rocky road Hi-fi
L- jacket with some filling or another
S - x2 kiwis, strawb's
T -TBC as it's bake for comic relief night in our house!

It's nearly the weekend peoples!
xxxx

Morning all - well I slept ok last night but woke up this morning feeling like I've no energy again. I've spoken to the doctors and she has confirmed that my thyroid test is ok, and my full blood check is ok too, so due to the problems I'm having with AF, she's going to send me for a consultant appointment for a scan and investigation. I should get the appointment within 2-3 weeks.

I think I've found one solution this morning for why the scales are not budging - I popped my all bran golden crunch in my bowl and then thought 'I'll just check how much that is' .....cue shocked face...... what I thought looked like 35g is actually 51g!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: so lesson learned for me today is to weigh and measure the cereal and fill out with fruit!

I've got hold of a copy of the updated HEA/HEB and free foods list, so I can check that what I'm eating is what I should be eating.

todays eats:-
B- all bran golden crunch - 51gs off!
S- Rocky road Hi-fi
L- jacket with some filling or another
S - x2 kiwis, strawb's
T -TBC as it's bake for comic relief night in our house!

It's nearly the weekend peoples!
xxxx

It's surprising how much those 'measured' pours can quickly increase!! There was one woman in my group who didn't wiegh her porridge and couldn't understand why she wasn't losing... turned out she was pouring out over double the 35g allowance! So obviously her milk was way over too lol. I've done it plenty of times, which was the reason I changed to the bitesize shredded wheat, I knew I could count out 18 of them and that was my 35g lol.

I love the idea of bake night of comic relief! I may have to suggest this at home for tomorrow :)

Hey chick,

Sorry to hear you're not feeling great. Hope the appt comes through quickly so they can get you back on top form.

It's so interesting what you say about measuring cereal...things like that make such a difference! The only thing I don't tend to weigh/measure is milk in tea, but with cereal and cheese and things, I always get the scales out because I don't trust myself! Hope it makes a difference for you :)

You might want to switch cereals though - 35g of Alpen Golden Crunch never felt like enough to me! xxx

Hey chick,

Sorry to hear you're not feeling great. Hope the appt comes through quickly so they can get you back on top form.

It's so interesting what you say about measuring cereal...things like that make such a difference! The only thing I don't tend to weigh/measure is milk in tea, but with cereal and cheese and things, I always get the scales out because I don't trust myself! Hope it makes a difference for you :)

You might want to switch cereals though - 35g of Alpen Golden Crunch never felt like enough to me! xxx

Thanks lovely, I hope it comes through quickly too, but I'm not going to stress about it, what will be will be.
I'm so going to have a look at swapping the cereals or bulking them up with fruit. :)

I really like the weetabix all bran I think it was...they were little curved bran things that you could have 42g of at one point and they were yummy!! Xx

Ooh I keep seeing them and wonder what they are like - I'm surprised you can have 42g of them - they must be good for you.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Last edited:
It's surprising how much those 'measured' pours can quickly increase!! There was one woman in my group who didn't wiegh her porridge and couldn't understand why she wasn't losing... turned out she was pouring out over double the 35g allowance! So obviously her milk was way over too lol. I've done it plenty of times, which was the reason I changed to the bitesize shredded wheat, I knew I could count out 18 of them and that was my 35g lol.

I love the idea of bake night of comic relief! I may have to suggest this at home for tomorrow :)

I know Sarah - it's surprising what you think is a small amount - is actually double of what you can have.
I like shredded wheat, so maybe bitesize is for me with fruit anfd yogurt - will give it a go
xx

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1426179121.525645.jpg

Oh it's been a busy afternoon so I just needed this! I'm feeling in the comfort food way, not sure if it's coz I'm out of energy or just coz it's Thursday!

How many syns honey? xx

It's FRIIIIIIIDAY!!! :party0011:

Well it's a cold, over cast day here but should brighten up this afternoon. I've started off Friday as bad as could be - it's comic relief day and there is a cake sale in the building with Ian works, the people in there make the most amazing cakes, so we potter over to drop of Ian's orange cake and then purchase a small piece of chocolate brownie tray bake for later but then got to work and it jumped straight into my mouth and down to my belly! :break_diet:

I've also woke up this morning with a throat that feels like it's covered in razor blades so I'm hoping that it wont get any worse, Am meeting a friend for tea tonight, and have already decided what to have - a quarter chicken with sweet potato wedges and roast veggies, I'm also going to have either wine and soda or vodka and slimline tonic.
Tomorrow Ian's going to football and having the car, so it'll be a day of chilling in the house for me, possibly with a bit of house work and washing, then something nice for tea.
Sunday - We are doing the mother visits with tea at the in-laws.

So as usual for me - I'm going to re-plan and get back on the wagon next week - I've GOT to DO IT otherwise it'll be nearly holiday time and I'll still be like a small whale!

Well peeps Friday turned out better when the clock hit 5.45! I sneaked out of work early and met my friend for a well deserved wine and soda to kick start Friday night. We then both had a quarter chicken, I had sweet potato fries with peas/carrots with mine. The night continued with a raspberry daiquiri and to finish we had a strawberry belini. We were both home and tucked up in bed by 12!

Saturday morning brings a very sore throat again, so Ian has gone off to the football and I've been ordered to sit all afternoon, no house work, baking etc! Ian's coming home to do homemade burgers for tea and then we're going to snuggle on the sofa tonight.
Tomorrow will be the mothers visiting day and I've heard from mum-in-law that we are having beef brisket dinner!! Nom nom!!

Hope you're all having a fab weekend
Xxx

Scales said 13.11 this morning.. I'm jumping back on the wagon tomorrow. Off to see the mothers today so thought I'd get out of my usual weekend jeggings and put a frock on!! ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1426418015.440943.jpg

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday xxx

Last edited:
Looking lovely darling :) 13.11 is a loss isn't it? Love you lots xxxx

Back