Rising Food Prices & Slimming World - Hints & Tips

sonban

Addicted to Minimins
Reading another thread just gave me the idea to start this thread, with the prices of foods shooting up we could put any hints and tips on here of how we could save pennies but still eat well.

My tip would be if you like fresh fruit then see what offer they have on at Tesco's as they do different offers each week of half price off certain fruits.

I go to our local fruit and veg shop. They are much cheaper and really good quality.

at tesco they have different stuff on offer each week so you can always try new fruits if you get the offers. i had blueberrys not long ago for £1 plus you can get carrot battons for 50p lol

at tesco they have different stuff on offer each week so you can always try new fruits if you get the offers. i had blueberrys not long ago for £1 plus you can get carrot battons for 50p lol
About the carrot battons, can you eat them as they are or do you have to cook them?

you can eat them as they are. can snack on them or stick em in a salad. its a good size bag aswell for the price

I've often seen them but never got them cus I thought they were just for cooking. I will get them next time

With carrot battons I make my own, just buy some carrots wash and cut into sticks this works out cheaper than buying in bags ready made.!!!!:):) xx

I was doing that but I tend to work really early shifts and I didn't always have the time in the morning so I ended up with gone-off carrots

Not a bad idea. I might do that myself. How long do they keep nice for once they have been chopped up?

I have to go to the veg shop later for some potatoes so I will get some carrots too and try that

I find that green days are wayyyyy cheaper than red, but if you do like red, buy your meat frozen or in big packs fresh, seperate them into managable amounts and freeze. We have access to Makro, we do that alot.

Also people look their nose up at shops like Aldi, Lidl and Netto, but i think they are great, and have a lot of branded foods and cheaper prices on their own items, and their fruit/veg are usually on some kind of offer.

Lastly, bulk up your foods with tasty frozen veg, which is usually quite cheap in shops like Icelands.

Back