Extra Easy Days Keeping on track: tips and help

I am starting a new thread as I am seeing a lot of old threads and thought it was time for a new one, I thought I would start a thread to share all of our tips and help as, well, I am struggling at the moment! I thought we could help each other through the holidays and more.

Hi! I've just rejoined after a very long break from SW- I was used to doing Green days because i'm vegetarian, and now I see that EE is the only official option I feel a bit cheated out of my extra HEX's ;) haha.
I think I must be a bit mad joining right before Christmas, but as long as I stay focussed this week and I can have a good loss when I weigh on Sunday, then enjoy the rest of the day and eat lots! Back on plan on Boxing Day as much as poss, though we are at various relatives for a few days after Christmas and they aren't necessarily the healthiest.
One of the things I have aways found helps with controlling the urge to eat sugary food and snacks (by biggest downfall) is drinking LOADS of water. I always keep my Bobble bottle (1 litre large one) at work and know I need to refill it once to make sure I have had 2 litres. Same at home, I always have a big glass of water to hand!
I'm always keen to hear what other people have to say, I love the support this site offers! Sorry to hear you're struggling, what is it that's getting you down? x

Family! everything in the house is chocolate, sweets, crisps, nuts, pastry. As well as the slimming world basics like the fruit and veg and potatoes, rice, pasta and meats etc. I am really good with recipes and stuff as long as I am cooking, and I find the same I have to drink loads of water to help with my cravings. My will power is constantly tested. I am also having to go it alone as I can't make group at the moment.

Same, I'm online but tbh that suits me at the moment, because getting to the same group regularly is tough and I don't fancy group-hopping ;) If I really struggle online I'll consider switching to group but that's a wait and see...

Ohh I know that feeling, so hard when other people around you don't follow the same principles- my BF is terrible and just eats whatever he feels like, always offering me chocolate and it catches me off guard and I eat it without even thinking, just go "yeah thanks" and shove it in lol. Obvs he is tall and slim ;)

Who do you live with, and how much do they know about the plan? When I did SW before I lived at home, and my parents were really understanding and made the effort to try and cook SW meals for lots of the time, and like a lot of people say nobody noticed the difference! I don't know if you have already, but could you talk to your family and explain that this means a lot to you and you'd appreciate them to hide those kinds of foods away somewhere? That said, the alternative would be to find lower syn version of things that you see them eating so you still have a treat and don't feel left out. I have my cadbury flakes from a multipack that hit the sweet spot if BF is munching through a pack of millionaire shortbreads :) Or use distraction techniques, have a bath, paint your nails, go for a walk, watch a movie.

I know it's super tough but those foods will always exist in the world so I guess it's finding the best way to manage that for you, however you do it. And perhaps it will be easier once Christmas is over, and those foods will be less obvious!?
x

P.S I noticed in your stats that you have lots loads already, well done!

Thank you! ive kind of maintained that weight for a few months but i need to get to target by next november as i am a bridesmaid! I live with family but am transitioning to live with my partner in essex who eats anything sweet, although that will change when we live together. (and he is a twig) i kind of hide in my room and get on with uni work hahaha, i was okay till about a week ago when the sweets and stuff came into the house but ive put on weight on and off the past 2 weeks because of it! Meal plan is done and im cooking all this week so i am in control just need to try and control my sweet intake! x

Congrats on the move, and it's good to hear you can influence what you and your BF will be eating once you move in!
Yeah it's frustrating losing and gaining the same few pounds but it could have been worse, you could have just gained instead! Hopefully all the sweets etc. will disappear as fast as they came in and you can get back to normal. Do you have a food diary on here? It's great to hear you have meals planned, what kind of things do you normally like to eat? I always panic at the idea of being hungry lol, so try and make sure my meals are as filling as possible. I'm shop manager at my local bakery so if I'm even a tiny bit hungry...BAM there's a cake waiting to be eaten ;)

I was thinking about doing a diary on here, I bought a diary on amazon for £3 similar to the new diary things they sell in groups that have nearly a years worth of diaries! I am a total pasta freak but I try to stay away sometimes otherwise, i don't get my speed in! I like cooked breakfasts as a brunch because they fill me up and I don't feel the need to snack, today I had 3 heck chipolatas, 2 rashers fat-free bacon medallions, lots of mushrooms and some beans and an egg. I put all my stuff on Instagram I am the chef who slims and I do my recipes on my blog, it's helped me focus a little more.

I definitely find it easier avoiding chocolate etc when I'm not hungry. I fill up on lots of free foods and make sure I've always got plenty of things to make quick and easy when I get hungry.

I'm lucky cos it's hubby and I with the kids, and hubby is also doing SW along with me. So we've not brought too much off plan food into the house for Xmas. We got weighed today and will probably be a bit off plan between now and Xmas but I know we'll both get back on it easy enough.

We were out shopping today and had maccies for lunch then had some chocolates and a hot chocolate in Costa. It was all nice, but now I feel bloated and lethargic and ready for a basic home cooked sw friendly meal for tea!

I really find SW so easy when I focus on how im feeling and my overall health instead of my weight. If I eat the stuff that makes me feel good physically I know I'll lose weight. And I don't feel deprived about not having something if it makes me feel rubbish!

I find having a diary really helps. You can do one online if you want more of a 'community' feel but just a notebook works fine too, leave it on kitchen side or in your handbag. Write everything down.

It's surprising how much milk you use in a few cups of coffee too. Just keep note of everything.

I find having a diary really helps. You can do one online if you want more of a 'community' feel but just a notebook works fine too, leave it on kitchen side or in your handbag. Write everything down.

It's surprising how much milk you use in a few cups of coffee too. Just keep note of everything.

i have one here on the side but i just dont get time at the moment to pee let alone write things down as my granddad is ill so im having to do everything my mum usually does as shes spending most of her time at the hospital

I am rejoining my local slimming world group tomorrow, I have managed to maintain my last weigh in result for 2 months which I am happy about as I haven't put any back on! But, i have until may to lose as much as I can and I am aiming for hopefully a solid 3 stone gone by then (which I think is doable in 5 months!) Sticky Chinese pork with garlic greens and rice for dinner tonight, still getting over a flu thing so just managed a chopped up apple and orange for breakfast. I enjoyed Christmas without putting pressure on myself and I am so ready to get rid of this weight for good!
Do you guys have any mini goals or targets? Any ideas where you would like to be in 6 months time?

I find exercise helps me keep on track - even if it's only a quick run, it puts me off eating rubbish and ruining my hard work :) I need to get back to exercise as I've been out of it a few weeks due to a nasty cough - hopefully that'll get my food back on track too :confused:

@Becky_Louise I find that if im craving food or if i think im hungry and water doesnt help i will get some air (i cant walk too much as i broke my leg badly in 2015 and well, i struggle to do basic things now) a short walk in intervals with our 1 year old lab usually does it!

I've just started. I lost 1lb in my first week which isn't the kind of loss I was hoping for. This week I will be trying harder and bing stricter with myself and hopefully I can manage a -2 or more loss.

Well done to all you guys and good luck for the journey ahead. It's hard but it will be worth it

I've just started. I lost 1lb in my first week which isn't the kind of loss I was hoping for. This week I will be trying harder and bing stricter with myself and hopefully I can manage a -2 or more loss.

Well done to all you guys and good luck for the journey ahead. It's hard but it will be worth it

I know it wasn't what you were hoping for but a loss is still a loss and well done. My advice is just make sure eat when hungry not just for the sake of it and swap foods for speed foods

Back