River Island sizes

emmie86

Angelic Fruitcake
Hi all wasn't sure where to post this so just put it in here. I discovered long ago that River Island's sizes were a bit weird but later found out not many people knew and so assumed they had gained weight so I thought I'd post about it to avoid any panic if ever anyone shopped there. Basically it goes like this. I'm using jeans as an example:

If your a size 14 so a 42" in River Island thats a size 16.

If your a size 16 so a 44" in River Island thats a 18
etc.

So what ever size you are in most other shops. In River Island your one up.

Now I love River Island clothes especially the jeans so I just wanted to post this so if anyone shopped there they didnt panic thinking they had gone up a dress size like I and so many friends did before we realised. I don't know why thir sizes are ike this and wish they weren't but just thought I'd post the info for those who weren't aware. xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
i will tell the OH she be happy lol

the day i buy anything in river island will be a mini miracle...i will stand at the till and weep
xxx

at least handbags fit lol!!!

I can't wait never to shop in Evans again (hateful stupid shop!)

xxxx

I'm sure someday soon you will all raid River Island and there will be nothing left for anyone else lol xxxx

btw it also has a good effect aswell as If thinking your a 16 you fit in to a river Island size 16 jean then in reality your actually a 14 and that two makes you feel great xxxx

I'm sure you will cheeky just remember to leave some for me when I've lost my weight xxx

I'm looking forward to calf boots actually fitting round my calfs when I lose weight and not having knees that look like a rugby players lol xxx

I know and you'd think more fashion store would do them especially places like New Look and others that have plus size clothing ranges xxx

i love shopping but i hate it when i come home with nothing :( i literally have two wardrobes of stuff and spare room is full. must get rid of half of it...and i wont mention the attic they were my small clothes !!

ohh id love to be all girly and just to be able to get up and put on something...without looking and thinking and trying to pull it down and aww sooo frigging annoying isnt it!

I've got a birthday party to go to at the end of May so I've bought myself a beautiful size 10 dress and I WILL fit into by then. and when ever I feel like giving up I takes it out the wardobe and hold it against myself knowing how great it will feel once I can get inside it.xxxx

Back