River's LL Diary

River said:
Thanks Julz huni :) I just felt incredibly stupid when i told my "skinny" sister that i didnt eat when i wasnt hungry as she said well i never do that anyway so she didnt understand the big deal. I dont really have anyone that understands how special that was for me and how big of an achievement it was. Im just happy of any help i can give to people starting LL or on total as it is possible cause ive succeeded lol! and trust me id be the last person youd think to do this and give up but its worth it a million times over.

Thank you Borris hun :) I wish you all the best of success on your journey and hope to be reading your amazing and motivational diary very soon! If i can offer any help at all please give me a message, i dont mind at all and even if i cant all the lovely people on here are so awesome and willing to help too. I dont know if i could of done this without them and their support :). x

Thanks river !! Can I ask a few question, how long did it take to shift 8 stone ?? That's so fantastic ! Reading what you said about the cabbie was great, bet that felt good? Did you have any issues with lose skin ? Did you have any health problems on the diet like hair loss or gallbladder issues ? Xx

Yes sure :), 8 stone has taken me 10 months but i guess it varies for different people as i found my losses to slow towards the final stone of the diet and vary quite a bit through out.
I was hospitalised for gall stones in february and had my bladder out (wether it was down to the diet im not sure as i have suffered in the past) and lost over a stone while i was in there because i couldnt keep anything down for 2 and a half weeks so it did slightly quicken things lol.

Hair loss yes lol but more towards the end ive been loosing it and quite alot but theres regrowth and i have thin hair anyway :p and then loose skin.. it hasnt really been an issue, i mean i need to tone my arms but everything has sort of gone back into place.. it is all down to your genetics though and how young you are apparently :). Hope this helps x

River said:
Yes sure :), 8 stone has taken me 10 months but i guess it varies for different people as i found my losses to slow towards the final stone of the diet and vary quite a bit through out.
I was hospitalised for gall stones in february and had my bladder out (wether it was down to the diet im not sure as i have suffered in the past) and lost over a stone while i was in there because i couldnt keep anything down for 2 and a half weeks so it did slightly quicken things lol.

Hair loss yes lol but more towards the end ive been loosing it and quite alot but theres regrowth and i have thin hair anyway :p and then loose skin.. it hasnt really been an issue, i mean i need to tone my arms but everything has sort of gone back into place.. it is all down to your genetics though and how young you are apparently :). Hope this helps x

Lol - but you aren't bald though ? Ha ! Shallow I know but can't bear the thought of loosing hair ! Must have been scary with bladder though ?!?

Oh no lol! Its just spikey with the regrowth but you cant notice it and we can take suppliments and it will grow back too, im just sick of pulling hair off my clothes haha and well whats a bit of hair loss compared to being thin finally?!

Well ive had it before so its not so bad. There were 4 ladies on my ward with it and i was the only one with the vomiting and not eating problem and second to have the surgery as they do tend to pass but as i was on fluids and jaundice, they decided to whip my bladder out.
I totally dont want to scare you here, i was the only one in my group with them i just think it was bad luck so please dont worry yourself about it or the hair loss hehe! x

River said:
Oh no lol! Its just spikey with the regrowth but you cant notice it and we can take suppliments and it will grow back too, im just sick of pulling hair off my clothes haha and well whats a bit of hair loss compared to being thin finally?!

Well ive had it before so its not so bad. There were 4 ladies on my ward with it and i was the only one with the vomiting and not eating problem and second to have the surgery as they do tend to pass but as i was on fluids and jaundice, they decided to whip my bladder out.
I totally dont want to scare you here, i was the only one in my group with them i just think it was bad luck so please dont worry yourself about it or the hair loss hehe! x

Thanks sugar!!! Xx

Hey river, doing well lovely lady!

Keep up the good work xxxx

Anytime you need anything else Borris hun just gimme a pm :D. x

Thank you my LadyT my darling :) Hope you had a fabtastic holiday! So jealous sitting here thinking of your lush tan with my pastey white skin lol xx

Well just a quicky again as i have a massive migrane :( (she says as she writes a novels worth for you) as someone reversed into us while we were going shopping today and massive street argument has resulted in the migrane of dooom. Anyway all is well and were not harmed!

This week has gone ok actually except for squash incident but im finding it hard that it says i can have this snack but im not hungry?! I mean i have a ramikin of jelly with some vanilla pack over it but i dont think i actually need the jelly.. its just a nice sweet for me before bed. This came about as I did some quark chive dip thing and pepper/cucumber slices to dunk on friday but it just felt it was forced and not needed. Im so confused right now as all i think about is the snack but im not physically hungry but then i have people like my mum saying "oh its just a snack, eat it" :sigh:.

So i sat in bed last night (as i craved) and thought wether i really needed to eat it again and looked at the oprah hunger scale on the RTM forum and read week 3s activity in the "bible" which helped alot but im just stuck between a rock and a hard place with this snack thing. I guess it also doesnt help im on a "TOM" either and i get "cravings" but then i think "is it really a craving? or are you making excuses to eat?".

I shall not give in! I guess its because ive never actually been hungry before.. All my life ive had food perminantly stuffed in my gob, i never actually listened to my bodies needs and i need to learn this now before i go back to my old state of mind.
I think if i can just overcome this i might be ok. Ive conquered the picking whilst dishing out, drinking too much coke :( (not only was this 4/5 cans a day but playing hell with me as i had baaad indigestion/heartburn and suprisingly pain where my bladder was). Just please now let me have the mental strength to overcome this one.

Onwards and downwards and more postiveness i think! and good luck everyone :) xx

Haha :D thank you, im doing it so far even though sugar free jelly calls my brain its certainly not calling my stomach as i hurt im so full after food at 5pm!! You just actually made me think of all the times i sat at my previous weight and said "oh im starving,i could eat a horse" i had no blooming idea what hungry was back then!! Im so glad i can recognise it now because i literally was starting to feel especially back then i had no "full". Its truely insane to me but its a good feeling in a way youll feel soon :) xx

River said:
Haha :D thank you, im doing it so far even though sugar free jelly calls my brain its certainly not calling my stomach as i hurt im so full after food at 5pm!! You just actually made me think of all the times i sat at my previous weight and said "oh im starving,i could eat a horse" i had no blooming idea what hungry was back then!! Im so glad i can recognise it now because i literally was starting to feel especially back then i had no "full". Its truely insane to me but its a good feeling in a way youll feel soon :) xx

Really can't wait for that day !!! X

Itll come sooner than you think :) x

Thank you my lovely hehe, keep up the losses hun looking fab!!

Well week 3 has arrived and i lost a massive 2lbs!! Im so shocked haha but im going to need it as a buffer for trigger weeks im thinking and i am honestly for the first time in my life scared of going any lower lol.

Anyway ive soo been looking forward to this week so i can start eating fresh fruit again yum! The book says i can have smoothies now and fruit juice but the one thing i learnt when i saw my dietician is theyre full of hidden sugars so im hesitant.. my mum is a nurse too who works with a dietician and people whove had heart attacks and are eating unhealthy, so shes warned me off the shop bought too. Although i have a back up plan and im stealing her smoothie maker to do my own!

Ive not given into the emotional cravings? (im not sure what it is because who craves for peppers and quark?!) for snack allowance and im not lying it has been difficult because my brains telling me i need it but i just keep filling myself with a large glass of water and then telling myself to think about how full i am and if all else fails a lovely cup of cherry and cinnamon tea and my terry pratchett book seems to do it before i goto bed :).

Just a quick edit.. ive added my before piccys and some through my weightloss to a folder on my profile so youll have to friend me if youd like to see them but im quite embaressed :(.

Hope everyones having a fab week xx

Last edited:
Wow well done hunny on the 2lb, you are doing so well.

I love fruit too, cant wait until I can have it, but definately think you should make your own smoothies they will taste so much nicer I am sure. xxxx

Thank you lovelies :). Not one thought about that snack either! Im so proud of myself today, i just hope tomorrow is as good as today has been and then im free of another "old me thinking". I treated myself to Zumba wii and im going to start the 30 Day Shred now ive got my energy back. Sweet dreams xxx

Well done River you are doing really well.
Hope you enjoy your fruit this week.
Cathy

Hi Lucy,
i've just looked at your pictures. You have transformed yourself.
Did you know you had such a lovely bone structure?
Lucky thing.
Well done. xxx

Back