Road to my goal weight! - Daily diary

i've been kind of MIA but now i'm back, the last two days i fell back to old habits, ate waaaay too much and yesterday i skipped Zumba because i was exhausted. On thursday night i had a good healthy lunch but for dinner i had the worst meal you could have, McDonalds! D:, i needed the extra energy bc i had a night shift, there were better choices but i just wanted to eat something greasy, i know, bad. But today i've been good. For lunch i had a piece of roasted chicken breast with green onions lettuce corn cabbage and for dinner a small bun with turkey and a cup of tea. Now i'm about to do Zumba and i'll try to do a double sesion. Wish me luck :cross:

Yesterday i feel asleep super early and didn't do zumba :(. For lunch i ate a tomato stuffed with tuna and onions with lettuce and green pepper and for dinner halfa piece of bread with turkey and a cup of tea no sugar no sugar

Ok I have two challenges for you:

for one day...(doesn't have to be the same day)

1) EAT BREAKFAST! Preferably something protein based - like scrambled eggs with peppers or onions or with bits of ham

2) Eat vegetarian for one day - no meat no fish, explore what you can do with vegetables - roasted with olive oil for dinner, or a huge salad with all different things in it. I am concerned that your dinner is bread and meat.

Not that my diet is wonderful...! Happy to accept a challenge right back at me! I just think we get into patterns and don't think about what's missing :)

Keep up the good work!!

Ok I have two challenges for you:

for one day...(doesn't have to be the same day)

1) EAT BREAKFAST! Preferably something protein based - like scrambled eggs with peppers or onions or with bits of ham

2) Eat vegetarian for one day - no meat no fish, explore what you can do with vegetables - roasted with olive oil for dinner, or a huge salad with all different things in it. I am concerned that your dinner is bread and meat.

Not that my diet is wonderful...! Happy to accept a challenge right back at me! I just think we get into patterns and don't think about what's missing :)

Keep up the good work!!

hey blue, yeah i know about the breakfast thing! I now it's not good but i'm on summer break and i wake up so late that by that time it's lunch time. But today i ate 70 grs of pineapple so that's a start.
And about dinner i explained that a few posts ago, where i live for us lunch is kind of the biggest meal of the day so dinner it's mostly like an afternoon tea, a cultural thing. We call it "once" or "eleventh" and you can have tea , coffe a sandwich with butter and jelly or ham or eggs or avocado. Whatever you feel like, and sometimes people would eat more than one sandwich. That's why i don't eat much for "dinner" here we don't eat big meals at night. But thanks for the challenge, i'll let you know how it goes :)

Last edited:
Okay today i had pineapple fir breakfast. For lunch i had a small portion of pasta no sauce with chicken and "dinner" two diet oatmeal cookies with a cup of tea no sugar and did 45 minutes of zumba. I'm a little bloated though bc is that time of the month so hopefully i'll feel lighter in a few days

Last edited:
See! You just have to persevere and people will come!!

That makes more sense re dinner now - actually I think its probably way better to have a lighter smaller meal in the evening before bed rather than a big dinner like we do in the UK. And well done on managing to have something for breakfast! Time of the month is terrible for sticking to diets and for feeling all bloated and big. Roll on next week!

Haha thanks you guys! :)

Claire - My day today was kind of bleh :yuk:, i had 0 energy today because of my lady business so i barely ate today. For breakfast i had a few pieces of pineapple, for lunch i was going to have a thin steak with a lettuce and onion salad but i ended up just eating the salad and for "dinner" i had half of a piece of bread with a few pieces of the meat that i was going to eat for lunch with a cup of tea (no sugar) and i'm having such bad cramps (TMI ups!) that i won't be doing zumba. It's a miracle that i have the energy to be sitting here typing haha

Blue - doctors say that it's always better to have a light meal at night, actually bread is not that great, that's why i eat half of a piece and then do Zumba. They recomend that if you eat a big meal at night you should not go to bed right away but try to move as much as you can, it will help your metabolism and your digestion. :)

hi pati,

here to sub.

Can you get an app called my fitness pal or something similar?

You don't mention portion sizes for your lunch but it really sounds to me like it's not a lot of food. ..Maybe if you counted your calories you could see where improvements could be made to your diet?

I try to avoid carbs for a few hours before bed as I know I won't burn them. ...I think its great that you have your main meal at lunch time though as you get to burn off the energy :-D

Hope you feel better soon! At least "lady business" doesn't last too long! I hate all that - makes me feel bloated and unattractive.

I think you do need to try and keep to a sensible amount of calories per day because otherwise your body might go into a mad mode and try and store as much as it can to avoid starving! It just messes with your metabolism and you lose weight in the short term but I think it's really hard long term to keep losing as an ongoing lifestyle.

Becky - welcome! i'll check those apps out for sure, about portions and calories, what i did (and i think it's working for me) is that i just downsized what i eat and also stopped eating some things (mainly sugar, candies, pastries, etc) I'll try to count calories for a few days and i'll let you guys know :)

Claire - thank you for the nice comment as always, and today I'm feeling a lot better, FINALLY!

Blue - I know, right?? not cute at all haha. I do agree with you about, i should set an specific amount of calories, but i'm doing the same thing that i did a couple of years ago when i went to the doctor and she gave an 800 calories diet. But i'm not planning on eating 800 calories a day for ever, i'll try to get it up to 1000 in the upcoming weeks

I'll post what i ate today later :)

Okay, so Today's meal:

Breakfast: Half a cup of pineapple
Lunch: Big bowl of salad (lettuce, green onions, green peppers, a hard boiled egg) with 1.5lt of water
"Dinner": half a piece of bread with light cream cheese and a cup of tea (no sugar)

And also did 50 minutes of Zumba and i ended up sweating like a pig LOL :character00115:

oh no :-( you can use it on the Internet if you have a computer x

Okay so yesterday's meal was
Breakfast: 3 diet oatmeal cookies (133 cal)
Lunch: a teacup of rice and a hard boiled egg (326 cal)
"Dinner": half a piece of bread with light cream cheese and a cup of tea (no sugar) (136 cal)

45 minutes of zumba

I know if you count the calories it seems really low but i don't feel hungry in between meals

Back