Roast Chicken stopping weight loss

barbs1965

I read on another thread that shop cooked chicken ie tesco or morrisons has 36 sins in. I find myself buying a couple a week for convenience and am now wondering whether this could be hindering my weight loss. I do EE.Does anyone else buy chicken this way and do you think it may stop you from losing weight. I must admit this week I will buy raw chicken and get to grips with the timer on my cooker.

I think I remember this thread! 36 syns seems extreme. I always thought if you took the skin off it should be syn free but I just avoid rotisserie stuff now cos I get temped by the cumberlands...

The chickens are not injected with oil! That is a complete fallacy. However, a lot of them do have a brown sugar glaze on the skin and the rotisserie action causes them to be constantly basted in their own fat and juices, making it more difficult to remove the skin and have completely grease and fat-free chicken.

A rotisserie chicken never hindered my weight loss. We have one a week on a Saturday. In fact, it was when we stopped eating them on a Saturday and went back to takeaways that we put weight on.

Take from that what you will x

its definitely each to their own on this subject.... on a personal note i too buy these skin off and never really had any problems with it affecting my losses, but i do find it cheaper to buy fresh quarters and you can get 5 or 6 for around £3 and take 3/4 of an hr to an hour on GasMark 7ish its like you say the issue of convenience! I know their are previous threads about the whole rotisserie issue, and reading up on these i think members contacted leading supermarkets and found i think morrisons didnt use any oil at all but fellow minimin's please clarify or correct me if im wrong :) Hope this helps :) xx

I'm not shooting anyone, but I wrote to the Big Four (Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons, Asda) and all of them told me that they categorically do jnot inject their chickens with oil, though flavoured ones obviously have some kind of glaze or baste on them. And like the lady above says, it's each to their own.

I remove the skin and give the chicken a pat with the kitchen towel, that'll dojust fine IMHO. :D

Just when I thought one urban myth had been laid to rest.............

TBH, now that we live in Cyprus you can really notice the difference between the chooks that are battery farmed in the UK & the free range ones sold here. So much more tastier but it's also more expensive.

UK chicken, in nowadays, is so much more greasy than years ago & in IMO it's all due to the drugs they're pumped with & the factory farming process. We do still have factory farming in Cyprus but not on the same scale. You can tell by the colour which ones are free range & those factory farmed, free range are more of a yellow colour due to being corn fed although most are just fed on crap lol!

That being said, chicken is still better option than most other meats & let's face it, we have to live & enjoy life. A rotisserie chicken should be enjoyed as a treat & why not? We have to learn to incorporate it within our new lifestyle so eat, enjoy it as long as it isn't a nightly thing lol!

Just my opinion for what it's worth? :)

I works as a counters team leader at sainsburys and we do not inject fat into it nor us it it done prior the plain ones are simply that plain BBQ has a BBQ sauce and garlic and herb does have garlic and herbs mixed with a small about of olive oil to allow it to coat the chicken c

I works as a counters team leader at sainsburys and we do not inject fat into it nor us it it done prior the plain ones are simply that plain BBQ has a BBQ sauce and garlic and herb does have garlic and herbs mixed with a small about of olive oil to allow it to coat the chicken c

Thats great to know, its nice to be able to get these myths dispelled once and for all - well I say once and for all, Im sure we'll have the same discussion again before long lol

Jeez. Makes ya want to be a veggie :rolleyes:

For those of you that have slow cookers - put a whole chicken in, no water needed, just season and leave for 5 or 6 hours depending on weight and you will have delicious, moist meat at the end where the skin just falls off. :D

Back