Roast Chicken stopping weight loss

I'm often at Asda in the middle of the night and the bakery is a hive of industry id be very surprised they're not baking.

I know a morrisons baker and he does bake, really, in store.

Even the thousands of sweet mince pies, which he hates, lol.

I know that our local big Tesco do their own baking. But obviously a Tesco Express is not going to have the staff or the facilities.

But in fact cooking from frozen is not necessarily a bad thing - it's the quality of the bread in the first place that is important.

We bake fresh at sainsburys from 4 am every morning we have Danish buns banquettes and crosants ( can't spell lol) that are warmed not baked rest are baked!! And no we don't inject these either lol

Madmumto4 said:
We bake fresh at sainsburys from 4 am every morning we have Danish buns banquettes and crosants ( can't spell lol) that are warmed not baked rest are baked!! And no we don't inject these either lol

Surely the pain au chocolates are injected with chocolate ?!?!? :)

AnnaFaraday said:
I know that our local big Tesco do their own baking. But obviously a Tesco Express is not going to have the staff or the facilities.

But in fact cooking from frozen is not necessarily a bad thing - it's the quality of the bread in the first place that is important.

they have do have a bakery and bakery staff just not a very big area just enough for the essential bakery items even then we used to chuck 2 bags of bakery items away every nite

Ha ha ok we do use choc in choc au pan but ssshhhhh it's a secret lol x

Size if store doesn't matter not staffing should all follow same process we go on a great food course and are all shown same way x

kingleds said:
Surely the pain au chocolates are injected with chocolate ?!?!? :)

This made me laugh!!!

Funny also how a thread about chicken turn into a baking thread!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

To turn it back to a chicken thread , how difficult exactly is it to roast your own. It takes me less than 40mins for a small one and do much nicer than the cr@ppy pre cooked ones in the supermarket.

Thinking about it, I have actually NEVER roasted a chicken. And now I want to lol. How much does a whole chicken cost?

aesir22 said:
Thinking about it, I have actually NEVER roasted a chicken. And now I want to lol. How much does a whole chicken cost?

I believe the same price as a whole length of string.

I also believe there are places called Tesco or asda and they occasionally put labels on stuff with prices on them!!!

About £4 - £5

aesir22 said:
Seriously!!!????

£4-£5?? Pfft, £2.99 from the Aldi. Or £2.49 this week!

The chicken in my aldi is £3.99
Where do you live??

Liverpool, kid. :D They do have £3.99 chicks in Aldi here, but I think they're either the bigger ones or the free range ones. I ge the 1.3kg ones. :D

I have one deskinned and portioned boiling in a pot of veggies, chicken stock and 250ml of red wine as we speak!!

Back