Roast Chicken stopping weight loss

Just to add that it's not recommended you wash your chicken any more as bacteria can be spread around the sink area in the water.

PatchworkPuss said:
Just to add that it's not recommended you wash your chicken any more as bacteria can be spread around the sink area in the water.

:) is it not logic to clean the sink afterwards lol (im saying this in a friendly tone :D) xxx

AnnaFaraday said:
You are right, but I do remember seeing tests that they had done and found that bacteria had spread far beyond the immediate area. And there is nothing to be gained by washing meat anyway.

You're right I saw the same thing I think.

I have hinted ever so subtly about getting a slow cooker. It kinda went like this:

'mum, I really want a slow cooker. Can I have one for xmas'

.....'yes'

Almost as subtle as her picking out a bracelet and saying 'that would make a lovely xmas gift. Hint hint'

So don't wash, inject with chocolate before hemming, adding buttons for added flavour/HEX/Style???

Have i got everything hehe :8855:

Chicken for tea anyone???

:eatdrink023:

So don't wash, inject with chocolate before hemming, adding buttons for added flavour/HEX/Style???

Have i got everything hehe :8855:

Chicken for tea anyone???

:eatdrink023:

Count me in! :rotflmao:

AnnaFaraday said:
You are right, but I do remember seeing tests that they had done and found that bacteria had spread far beyond the immediate area. And there is nothing to be gained by washing meat anyway.

true true but still test or no test i cudnt not wash my meat before cookin it ewww lol just me being fussy lol :) cos in fairness the heat wud kill the bacteria anyway lol think im just a clean freak :) xx

I agree with you lauratrev. I have to wash my meat too. It's habit of a lifetime....and I'm alive to tell the tale. :p

Scorpiolady2710 said:
I agree with you lauratrev. I have to wash my meat too. It's habit of a lifetime....and I'm alive to tell the tale. :p

Apart from Turkey at Christmas I've never washed meat and I'm still alive to tell the tale LOL!

Something to think about:
You might want to think twice before rinsing off raw chicken in your kitchen sink.

Recent studies by the British Food Standards Agency show that rinsing chicken can potentially spread bacteria on work surfaces in a three-foot radius, The Daily Telegraph reported. The report says up to 75 percent of consumers wash poultry before consuming it.

The FSA says 65 percent of raw chicken is contaminated with campylobacer, the most common cause of food poisoning, the paper reported. And while cooking will kill the bug, Campylobacter causes more than 300,000 cases of food poisoning and 15,000 hospitalizations a year in England and Wales.
That means washing your bird can spread harmful bacteria around your kitchen, potentially contaminating other foods in your kitchen that may not be cooked before eating.

The FSA is looking into ways to reduce contamination across the chicken production line, including disinfecting chickens with an antimicrobial wash -- a method not yet approved in the EU.

"Washing raw poultry is a common kitchen mistake, and it simply isn't necessary," an FSA spokeswoman told the Telegraph.

"Tap water won't get rid of the germs that cause food poisoning but they will be killed by thorough cooking. By washing your raw bird, you're actually more likely to spread the germs around the kitchen than get rid of them."

The only meat I've ever washed is liver. Strange but true.

I currently have a chicken defrosting for tomorrow night. It has not been injected, deep fried, hemmed or buttoned and it will be slow cooked not spit roasted :)

haha im gonna stop here and say no more :D dont want to be guilty of starting a heated arguement/debate haha (even though i know it is banter at the moment ladies lol) :) xx

The only meat I've ever washed is liver. Strange but true.

I currently have a chicken defrosting for tomorrow night. It has not been injected, deep fried, hemmed or buttoned and it will be slow cooked not spit roasted :)

What time do you want us round??

Slimbysummer said:
Something to think about:
You might want to think twice before rinsing off raw chicken in your kitchen sink.

Recent studies by the British Food Standards Agency show that rinsing chicken can potentially spread bacteria on work surfaces in a three-foot radius, The Daily Telegraph reported. The report says up to 75 percent of consumers wash poultry before consuming it.

The FSA says 65 percent of raw chicken is contaminated with campylobacer, the most common cause of food poisoning, the paper reported. And while cooking will kill the bug, Campylobacter causes more than 300,000 cases of food poisoning and 15,000 hospitalizations a year in England and Wales.
That means washing your bird can spread harmful bacteria around your kitchen, potentially contaminating other foods in your kitchen that may not be cooked before eating.

The FSA is looking into ways to reduce contamination across the chicken production line, including disinfecting chickens with an antimicrobial wash -- a method not yet approved in the EU.

"Washing raw poultry is a common kitchen mistake, and it simply isn't necessary," an FSA spokeswoman told the Telegraph.

"Tap water won't get rid of the germs that cause food poisoning but they will be killed by thorough cooking. By washing your raw bird, you're actually more likely to spread the germs around the kitchen than get rid of them."

well never ever ever had food poisioning doing it so no amount of thinking twice for me will not change my habits lol! each to their own though :) lol xxx

Ok...well if it's true what they say about what happens when you throw coca cola down the loo (removes all stains, limescale etc) then washing/cooking chicken in diet coke must be a healthy way to enjoy chicken. At least it'll remove bacteria and also taste good. :D

Joking...I'm only saying this as I'm giving diet coke chicken a try for the first time. :p

Ok...well if it's true what they say about what happens when you throw coca cola down the loo (removes all stains, limescale etc) then washing/cooking chicken in diet coke must be a healthy way to enjoy chicken. At least it'll remove bacteria and also taste good. :D

Joking...I'm only saying this as I'm giving diet coke chicken a try for the first time. :p

Love it :D!

Back