Roisin's green day only food diary

[FONT=&quot]Saturday, 21st March 2011[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Breakfast
2 x weetabix & 200ml semi skimmed milk (hea 1 & heb 1)

Lunch - didnt really have any as was driving for a few hours.

Dinner
sw chilli con quorn with boiled rice and 25g low fat cheddar cheese. (0.5 hea 2)

Snacks
Banana, orange, alpen light bar (0.5 heb 2), 2 fingers kit kat (5.5 syns), 4 ritz crackers (4 syns)

Total syns for day: 9.5 syns[/FONT]

Sunday, 22nd March 2011 - :break_diet:

Breakfast
56g branflakes & 200ml semiskimmed milk (hea 1, heb 1 & 2)

Lunch
went out for dinner, skipped starter, had a mozzarella cheese tartlet (made with puff pastry, had sundried tomatoes, courgettes and other veg in it) and baileys cheesecake for dessert....

Tea (ish)
BAD nibbles from the frozen section.... 2 garlic mushrooms, mini quiche, about 4 mozzarella strips (they ended up splitting and just werent fit for presentation to guests so me and my sister ended up eating them - it was only afterwards we thought... we could have put them in the bin!! Must be the Irish in us - cant throw anything away - especially good food!! :D

Total syns for day - Didnt count!!

Monday, 23rd May 2011

Breakfast
2 weetabix, 200ml semi skimmed milk (HEA 1 & HEB 1)

Lunch
Spaghetti Hoops, 1 slice of wholemeal bread toasted and 2 tsp marmalade (HEB 2 & 2 syns)

Dinner,
SW spag bol made with quorn. sprinkle of finely grated cheese (a little of HEA 2). light choices garlic bread (10.5 syns)

Total syns for day: 12.5 syns

Tuesday, 24th may 2011

Breakfast
2 weetabix & 200ml semi skimmed milk (HEA 1 & HEB 1)

Lunch
Half tin beans, slice wholemeal bread toasted topped with chopped tomato and 20g grated low fat cheddar cheese (HEB 2 & 0.5 HEA 2)

Dinner
Sw chilli con quorn with boiled rice 20g grated low fat cheese sprinkled on top. (0.5 HEA 2)

Snacks
Banana, 4 oranges, 4 teas with milk from HEA 1 allowance, curly wurly (6 syns)

Total syns for day: 6 syns

WI today - 0.5lb on today - guessing this was from Sunday as I hadnt saved up a lot of syns! Here's to next week!

So back again, had a woeful week last week and I'm not one for not going to WI but I've taken a week off so started back with a vengeance today!! I went away for work last wed and started off wonderfully with fruit and porridge for brekkie at the airport. Very proud of myself! Then had veggie stir fry for lunch and then for dinner the wine was opened. My colleague and I downed 5 bottles of White wine with a 3 course meal. Needless to say I thought I was dying the next day and most of my food from the evening before made another appearance (I wondered could I discount those syns!! Lol) breakfast on thurs didn't stay down for long either so it was about 2 before I could eat anything. And of course it was crap - pizza, chips, chocolate) Thought I'd be back on track for Friday but felt just as bad so again ate crap (crisps, White bread, chip shop chips) so I then took the decision to take rest of the week off!! I maybe should feel bad but it was an 'informed' decision!! And I know I can deal with the consequences.

This week I'm going to try success express, did my weekly shop yesterday so all planned out. Enjoyed today and it went well.

Brekkie
Fruit salad with banana, strawberries, raspberries, cherries.

Lunch
Superspeed soup. Slice wholemeal bread toasted with one triangle extra light laughing cow cheese. (heb 1 & 1/6 hea 1)

Dinner
Stir fry with red onion, green, yellow, orange peppers, baby sweetcorn, asparagus, radishes, mushrooms. Drizzled with sweet and sour sauce from green book (soy sauce, light malt vinegar, ginger, chillis, garlic, tsp agave syrup, 0.5 syn), noodles on the side. Ok so it wasnt exactly 2/3 superfree, but I think breakfast and lunch made up for it. Glass of milk (hea 2)

Snacks
Apple, curly wurly (6 syns), 5 cups tea/coffee with milk from hea 1

Total syns for day: 6.5 syns

1st June 2011

Success express day :)

Breakfast
Fruit salad (strawberries, raspberries, cherries, plums)

Lunch
Tomato soup, slice wholemeal bread toasted and topped with tomato and 42g grated low fat cheddar cheese. (HEA 1 & HEB 1)

Dinner
Vegetable curry (onions, garlic, ginger, baby sweetcorn, red pepper, yellow pepper, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, tinned tomatoes, curry powder, agave nectar 2 syns) with 25g boiled rice (I've never eaten so little rice/carbs at dinner before!)

Snacks
Half grapefruit, banana, 2 alpen light bars (HEB 2), muller light, 4 teas with milk from HEA 2 allowance. Bag of mini chocolate digestives (6 syns)

Total syns for day: 8 syns

2nd June 2011

Another success express day today - actually enjoying them at minute but have to go out for lunch tomorrow so I think I'll go back to my green day for that.

Breakfast
Half grapefruit, plums, raspberries, strawberries, cherries.

Lunch
Tomato soup - thats it finished for this week but will make more on Sunday :) slice wholemeal bread toasted, topped with tomato and 42g melted lowfat cheddar cheese ( HEA 1 & HEB 1)

Dinner
2 quorn sausages, scoop mashed potatoes with a little milk and triangle of laughing cow extra light cheese spread and LOADS of vegetables! Steamed carrots, asparagus, Brussel sprouts, peas, cauliflower. Roasted peppers, mushrooms and radishes with thyme sprinkled over. Tsp ketchup (1 syn)

Snacks
2 alpen light bars (HEB 2), curly wurly (6 syns), flump (1.5 syns), 2 teas using milk from HEA 2 allowance.

Total syns for day: 8.5 syns

3rd June 2011

Back to green today :)

Breakfast
Apple, plums, mandarin oranges, raspberries.

Lunch
Went out for lunch. Had veggie stir fry with noodles. There was a chilli sauce but there was LOADS of sauce - far too much!

Dinner
Salad with lettuce, beetroot, tomato, carrot, radishes, orange pepper, spring onions, 42g grated low fat cheese (HEA 1). Sw wedges. Tsp extra light salad cream. (1 syn)

Snacks
Curly wurly (6 syns). Was debating whether to have a second one before bedtime (nooooo! Lol) but I'm gonna have a slice of toast with a some tomato, melted cheese and maybe a dash of Worcester sauce! This will be my HEA 2 & HEB 1.

Not sure about syns today due to lunch but hopefully I've done enough over the last few days to be ok. :)

14th June 2011

Ok, so haven't been around for a while - and the results haven't been good! Well could have been worse but I'm putting my inability to stick to plan down to my absence on minimins!!!

I lost a pound and a half last week after my success express as I fell down a little after Saturday. Then I never got back on the wagon so ended up putting on a half pound this evening. I suppose it could have been worse!!

Anyhoo, today i wasn't strictly on plan but looking back it was ok and I'd say I was within my syns

Breakfast
2 weetabix & 200ml semi skimmed milk (hea 1 & heb 1)

Lunch
Spaghetti hoops, 2 slices nimble bread toasted with 2 tsp lurpak butter. (heb 2, 4 syns)

Dinner
Veg inc. Corn on the cob, baby sweetcorn, carrots, broccoli and mashed potatoes (with milk and tsp dairylea lighter). (part of hea 2 and 1.5 syns)

Snacks
Banana, peach, some salted peanuts. (6 syns I'd say). About 4 teas using milk from hea 2. A Fox's biscuit (4 syns) I know i should stop there but I'm gonna have a curly wurly shortly (6 syns).

Total syns for day: is that 21.5?? Will be sucessing expressing for the next few days so hopefully can claw this back!

Wed 15 June 2011

B: fruit salad inc cherries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, redcurrants. Slice nimble toasted with one extra light laughing cow triangle. (0.5 HEB 1 & part of HEA 1)

L: tomato soup (my superfree, superspeed, minus the chilli as I always put too much in). Big slice wholemeal bread toasted topped with sliced tomato and 42g low fat cheddar cheese. (HEB 2 & HEA 2)

D: 2 quorn sausages (cooked in tsp olive oil) mixed veg inc baby sweetcorn, mangetout, carrots. 5 baby potatoes with tsp dairylea light, parsley and sliced clove garlic melted over them (0.5 HEB 1 & 1.5 syns)

Snacks: punnet of cherries, banana, curly wurly, 4 teas with semi skimmed milk from HEA 1 allowance. 2 litres of water at work and about 2 pints at home. (6 syns)

Total syns for day: 7.5 syns

Thursday 16 June 2011

Sucess Express today again.

B: fruit salad inc cherries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants. Slice nimble toasted with one extra light laughing cow triangle. (0.5 HEB 1 & part of HEA 1)

L: tomato soup. Slice nimble bread toasted with one extra light laughing cow triangle (0.5 HEB 1 & part of HEA 1)

D: 2 quorn sausages (cooked in tsp olive oil) mixed veg inc baby sweetcorn, mangetout, carrots. Roasted celeriac wedges sprinkled with a little Cajun. That's the first time I've tried them and they were really nice so will def have them again. Had 2 tsp ketchup too (0.5 HEB 2 and 2 syns )

Snacks: 2 bananas, peach, mullerlight yogurt, slice nimble with 42g low low cheese, 3 digestives (no willpower to stop at one :() 3 teas with semi skimmed milk which ill syn and cup of peppermint tea -again another first and it was really nice and I'll be purchasing a box this weekend! (0.5 HEB 2, HEA 2, 13.5 syns)

Total syns for day: 15.5 syns

Last edited:
Friday 17 June 2011

Sorta off plan today, had a toothache (wisdom tooth coming thru), had a sore throat coming on and a bit of a head cold. To top it off, weather miserable so felt sorry for myself! :D

B: 2 weetabix, 200ml semi skimmed milk (HEA 1 & HEB 1)

L: spaghetti hoops and 2 slices nimble toasted with marmalade (HEB 2 & 1 syn)

D: puff pastry tart with tomato puree, tomatoes, mushrooms, mozzarella cheese (10 syns for pastry, 1 for tomato puree and 0.5 HEA 2), with mixed salad and feta cheese (0.5 HEA 2)

Snacks: 2 slices chocolate cake (small but prob synned at about 12 syns), bag of bacon fries (6 syns), 2 bananas, peach, slice of nimble with 20g low low cheese. 4 teas with semi skimmed milk.

Total syns for day: 34 syns??? *cry* I'll pull it back today Saturday!

Saturday 18th June 2011

Success express

B: fruit salad inc. Blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants, blueberries and orange.

L: Banana sandwich with 2 slices nimble bread and one banana. Had another banana afterwards. (HEB 1)

D: quorn burger with Cajun spice, onion, 42g low fat cheddar cheese and 57g wholemeal bun and tsp 2 tsp ketchup. (HEA 1, HEB 2, 2 syns), celeriac wedges.

Snacks: punnet cherries, half tub quark mixed with sachet of options white chocolate flavour and a little sweetener. (2 syns), 2 meringue nests (5 syns), 2 teas with semi skimmed milk from HEA 2 allowance. Bought a box of peppermint teabags today as well, so had a little cup - really quite enjoy it!

Total syns for day: 9 syns. A little higher than I would like, but I'm just got a very sweet tooth at the minute and craving everything sweet at the minute.

Last edited:
Just popping in to say hi, I'm a green day onlyer as well. xxx Good luck for this week.

ILoveCake said:
Just popping in to say hi, I'm a green day onlyer as well. xxx Good luck for this week.

Thanks - I just might need it! Although I went clothes shopping today, which was rather sobering experience! I need trousers and while they fitted me, it was the return of the muffintop - a quite unsightly muffintop at that! I'm hoping that this will be my motivation to stay on plan!!

Sunday, 19th June 2011

B: banana, apple.

L: peppermint tea, banana sandwich using 2 slices nimble. (HEB1)

D: chilli con quorn (with grated carrots and lentils to bulk up) with boiled rice. Made some lasagne chips (controversial I know, but it was either that or buying doritos and eating the whole bag!! It was the first time I had them and have to say they were quite tasty!) So added the lasagne chips and grated 20g low fat cheese over it. (0.5 HEA 1)

Snacks: two meringue nests topped with fruit inc. Blackberries, Bluberries, blackcurrants, cherries, red grapes (5 syns). Jelly sweets (3 Syns)

Total syns for today: 8 syns

I have heard of the controversial lasagne chips but how do you make them? I think in moderation they are fine like the Sw crisps. X

I'll try bulking out my chilli quorn Carne with carrot, thanks for that tip. X

Last edited:
ILoveCake said:
I have heard of the controversial lasagne chips but how do you make them? I think in moderation they are fine like the Sw crisps. X

I'll try bulking out my chilli quorn Carne with carrot, thanks for that tip. X

I boiled lasagne sheets for about 5 mins, cut them into triangles (ish!), put them on a frylighted baking sheet, sprinkled a little salt over them and frylighted again. Put them in the middle shelf in a pre-heated 180 fan assisted oven, turned over after about 8 mins and then took them out after another 5 minutes. They were just nicely browned and quite crunchy so I shall be making them again! If you wanted a little more flavour you could maybe sprinkle them with chilli powder or paprika for a milder taste.

And yes your right - everything in moderation! :) good luck for this week too x

Ooh lovely thanks. Better than doritos.

Back