Rokku's Journey: 23 Stone to 12 Stone!

Xenicol - Good thing or bad?

• Bad, and its cheating!

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Good, if it helps get the weight off does it matter?

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

Rokku

Hi, my name is Rokku, I'm from London UK. I was 23 stone when I started on this site.

I've lost 5 pounds since last monday, that's great for 7 days, as you can all see I've lost 25 pounds in total, so hopefully by xmas I'll be really happy with my weight for the first time in a decade or so.

I was a size 50 waist a year ago, then a 48 for a good while, just gone down to a 46 now, and should be able to get into a 44 by start of December.

BMI has gone down a bit also.

Gonna try to loose another 5 pounds this week.

The Tickerfactory thing has helped focus my mind when I post if different forums I have to say. I have also put a chart on the fridge detailing my weightloss and showing right up to Xmas. I need to loose 5 pound a week (at my size not too hard) to be about 18 stone by Xmas.

I have been mainly doing slimfast for lunch with some fruit. I don't always eat breakfast as running late most of the time, but I sometimes eat wheatabix or shreddied wheat with a little sugar.

For dinner I usually eat Kippers with a salad or something along those lines.

I have tried, and for the most part succeeded, to cut out all bread, potatoes and rice.

Carbs really don't like me, as much as I like them lol.

I have done about one 9 mile walk a week which was really hard at first but I get quicker each time I do it. I may do another one this Sat, its the walk between Finsbury Park and Alexander Palace, a hidden gem in the urban sprawl of London.

A have been using a power plate I have brought (called Power Tonic) about once a week, I can totally recommend it, its so easy and I feel its helping. I also use my multi-gym equipment about two times a week to build muscle. Sadly, I have neglected my cross-trainer so I need to use that more.

So I am exercising much more per week than I ever did a few months ago.

I want to be 18 stone by xmas so wish me luck.

R :)

Last edited:
I've just found out I'm 20.12 stone so way ahead of schedule, last week I was 21.4 stone and had to loose 5 pounds, at this rate I am going to smash that target!!

20.10 stone woooohooooooo!

My mate brought me some new scales today so we'll see how much I weight on those when I get home!

Ok so the new scales are rubbish, he is going to return them and get digital ones today.

I was 20.9 today, lost 9 pounds this week already! I still have until monday to loose more.

I am going for 2 nine mile walks on the weeked, one Sat, one Sun, so maybe I'll even loose a whole stone this week!

Its the walk from Finsbury Park to Alexander Palace.

Thankyou slim fast lol.

You look like you're well on the way there. Good luck with your goal xx

Thank you very much, I have to say I am a bit obsessed at the minute.

I think having my best mate move in with me to watch what I'm eating is great, everyone should do it lol.

Yeah I'm boring my colleagues at work something rotten, its all I ever talk about, oh well, come summer next year I'll be thinner so I can change the subject then. Its true, being obsessive a little does help focus the mind.

Now then, according to my old scales I have been using all this time I have been posting I am 20.8 this morning - Yippee!

Now then, according the my new more accurate digital scales that I used this morning I am 21.4 - s... sugar!

My friend has tested both and says the new ones are the accurate ones as he did think in hindsight that the old ones were out a little, as he didn't think he weight that little when he also started the diet using my scales.

Doesn't change the fact I lose NINE POUNDS last week, but it does change the idea that I was 23 stone to start with, I must have been a few pounds heavier.

So, with the adjustments, and a nine mile walk I just did after the weight in, I am now 21.1, so still going to loose weight this week in ACTUALITY, but TECHNICALLY I am only loosing a couple of pounds.

Still, from here on in the new scales are the ones to use, and I think I can loose another 9 pounds next week, so I won't let some bloody scales upset me lol.

Last edited:
Ok so I weigh in every Monday morning, and despite loosing 9 pounds, my new scales make me 21.3

So only lost a pound, but if I can loose another 5-9 pounds this week it will be great!

Last edited:
I weighed in at 21.4 this morning, despite having about 1000 cals a day over the last few days, but its early in the week and I seem to stick at a weight before suddenly dropping a few pounds out of nowhere. So by Thursday should see some improvement.
Sometimes I even stick at a similar weight for 2 weeks then suddenly drop a load of pounds.

My body is resisting me but I will win against it HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! sorry lol.

Also, I got off a couple of stops early on the way home and that must of helped a little.

Doing a late night tonight at work so that should burn some cals also.

Get off them scales you!!!!!! Just joking. So hard not to weigh yourself every day. Its just reassuring sometimes to know its coming off. But when I did have access to the scales I was on them constantly sometimes and I found that my weight could change after five mins!!!!??? So its kinda good I dont have them. Doesn't stop me looking for them though. Well I know they're in the shed, just cant find the keys. YET!!!!!!

I have to admit its annoying getting on the scales every day after eating 1000-1500 cals every day all week, only to find that this morning I am still 21.3 stone.

I haven't exercised this week, that might be it, it might also be that after loosing 9 pounds last week my body is like 'woah nelly!' and slowing down a bit. I guess next week my body might loose weight again, I'm not eating enough cals to maintain a steady weight - should be loosing it.

I never know what goes on with the body. We were talking about that at class the other day. Some weeks you do the same thing and you only get a wee loss. But any loss is a good one I think. I'm waiting on the week they bring out they dreaded red pen on me for a gain!!! But just need to keep in the same mind set and it wont happen. You're doing really well you know. You've got nearly 2 stone off, I think thats brilliant. xxx

it will go down honey. it's just sometimes our body thinks it's losing too much at once and that there's a problem and will halt for a week or so, and then it will move down once it realises there's no need for panic :) you can't maintain on that so you MUST lose :)

keep at it babes.

abz xx

Hiya folks,

Thanks for the support it does help.

Well, I don't weigh in until tomorrow morning, so I will let you know the official word then. All I can say is that this morning I was 21.1 stone, which would be a 2 pound lose, one I would be happy with. I did have 2 mini lamb chops with half a roast potato, some veg and gravy, not sure how that's gonna affect things yet. Can't have had more than 2000 cals Sat & 2000 cals Sun.

My advice is keep trying, cut out bread and carbs as much as possible. Have a 6 inch subway as a treat once a week. Have a roast dinner once a week, low on potatoes and meet, high in veg. Sugar free Jelly is great, get lots of flavours as they are only low in cal.

Mentally there have been low points, but at other times I feel great because I am going down waist sizes and feeling more positive about it all.

I got some new jeans today, it was the first time I have brought jeans in a store in about 3 odd years I think. I was using a fatty clothes store online before to get jeans and trousers. However, Marks And Spencer do a size 44 inch waist, my 46 ones are ripping so I went and brought a new pair. I have serious 'muffin top' and can't sit down in them, but in the next couple of weeks that will not be a problem. I was a little miffed I'm not a proper 44 yet, but also happy I could do them up, so its all good. Looking forwards to being able to put on a size 42 in a shop.

Went to new shopping centre Westfield with a friend, I have noticed a lot of shops only stock up to a size 38 for men now, not sure if the financial crisis means that its more expensive to make the larger sizes or what, but you just can't get them anymore, not even in places like Primark or Matalan. Thank goodness for M&S who are too slow to react to market changes lol. It was depressing that I couldn't get into anything, reminded just how far I will have to go to be the person I think I should be, and that maybe I'll need a tummy tuck to remove excess skin in a few years, but I am not going to let it stop me.

My friend goes home at the end of this week, on Sat, another test to see if I can do it on my own, he comes back after a week for a month though.

Also, I am coming down with flu, so that might slow me down a bit this week maybe.

So seven weeks to Christmas I wonder how far I'll get.

So, I'm 21.1 stone, so I've lost a couple of pounds last week, which is better than nothing, at least its going down eh?

So, I'm 21.1 stone, so I've lost a couple of pounds last week, which is better than nothing, at least its going down eh?

Hey! Thats brilliant, going down is defo the right way to be going. Hope your feeling better and the flu didn't take to much of a hold. Man! is it only 7 weeks till Christmas, I better get my butt in gear.

Back