Roll away those post workout aches and pains...

mama_mia

Silver Member
Hi All,

Well, i love exercise but i dont love the tightness that often comes with it!

I was introduced to a wonderful piece of equipment called a FOAM ROLLER and wanted to share the joy!

have you heard of it????

OMG - this 'cheap as chips' piece of foam will iron out kinks in muscles you never knew you had and, i believe, will become a staple for your post workout burn.

Not only that, but it is a great way to stretch before the workout too.

Anyway, i just wanted to share. Much easier and cheaper than buying a massage, and you can stop pestering the OH to give you one for free!

Roll on baby!!!

Let me know how you get on...

Mama x

Oh yes the joys of self myofascial release... I use a long foam roller or two pilates ball. Happy to share some ideas but these work although wait till you try ITB rolls (along the outside of the thigh) they hurt like stink!

My fave is two pilates balls one under my shoulder the other under my oppsite butt cheek....roll around a bit and feel relief....pilates teacher gets us to lie on the floor and feel the difference after its amazing

OMG MartinD, that sounds so YUMMY. I clearly have a lot to learn from you Kimo Sabi...

Oh yes the joys of self myofascial release... I use a long foam roller or two pilates ball. Happy to share some ideas but these work although wait till you try ITB rolls (along the outside of the thigh) they hurt like stink!

My fave is two pilates balls one under my shoulder the other under my oppsite butt cheek....roll around a bit and feel relief....pilates teacher gets us to lie on the floor and feel the difference after its amazing
MartinD, where do i find one of thes magic balls then????

MartinD, where do i find one of thes magic balls then????

I use this on soles of my feet (but a smooth ball would be fine to) Gymnic Reflex Massage Ball - Massage Balls - Massage & Skincare - PhysioRoom.com

I cant find the exact balls we use (we got them from the pilates class, fiver each) but here is a useful site and shows the size ball to use - im sure tennis balls would do the trick the balls we use are plastic hollow ones that give a little but keep their shape, but we have 2 spaniels and tennis balls dont last... Smooth Franklin Ball Set (Set of 2) | The Therapy Connection at HPMS, Inc.

My wife got one of these and Im going to try it she reckons its ace for bad backs and after driving Wowcher | Deal - Stretch Ladder/£6.98 instead of £16.97 for a yoga Stretch Ladder - improve your flexibility the easy way and save 59% + FREE DELIVERY!

MartinD said:
I use this on soles of my feet (but a smooth ball would be fine to) Gymnic Reflex Massage Ball - Massage Balls - Massage & Skincare - PhysioRoom.com

I cant find the exact balls we use (we got them from the pilates class, fiver each) but here is a useful site and shows the size ball to use - im sure tennis balls would do the trick the balls we use are plastic hollow ones that give a little but keep their shape, but we have 2 spaniels and tennis balls dont last... Smooth Franklin Ball Set (Set of 2) | The Therapy Connection at HPMS, Inc.

My wife got one of these and Im going to try it she reckons its ace for bad backs and after driving Wowcher | Deal - Stretch Ladder/£6.98 instead of £16.97 for a yoga Stretch Ladder - improve your flexibility the easy way and save 59% + FREE DELIVERY!

Thanks martin, I will take a butchers!!!

MartinD said:

The ladder looks great and it would be easy to see how much more flexible you have become.

am i the only one who actually likes that after workout ache? lol

gina_b said:
am i the only one who actually likes that after workout ache? lol

No Gina, I adore it too. LOL

I just don't like the tightness and the foam roller takes care of that on another level altogether!!! It is yummy!!!

Pleasure pain...

Back