1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Treadmill Workout Support

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by bugsbunny2000, 2 February 2014 Social URL.

1. bugsbunny2000

bugsbunny2000 Proud to be a LOSER :)

Hi there!

I own a treadmill and was wondering if anyone else follows any workout plans using treadmills specifically? I tried C25K last year, got to about week 4 but every time I've tried to restart I've not continued past week 1!!
    I'm not a confident runner, but have heard that interval training as well as incline help weight loss more than long-distance running anyway.

I guess this is a group for anyone else doing C25K, interval training or any other workouts using a treadmill! A chance to share and receive support specifically with this piece of equipment for those doing any WW plan.

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. bugsbunny2000

4. bugsbunny2000

From the LiveStrong site:

[h=2]The Weight Loss Shuffle[/h]If running in place while staring straight ahead is too monotonous for you, try this 30-minute treadmill workout recommended by Joe Pepe on Stack.com. It starts out with a three-minute warm up at a steady pace -- about 5 miles per hour if you can handle it. After the warm-up, turn to your left and side shuffle for 30 seconds before completely turning around to the right for another 30 seconds of shuffling. Don't cross your feet over one another; shuffle them. After you've done 30 seconds on each side, face forward again and jog for three minutes before turning sideways for another 30-second shuffle on each side. Jog for three minutes to cool down after you've completed 30 minutes.

Sounds interesting lol as long as I don't trip over my own feet haha

5. icklepickle82

icklepickle82 New Member

I absolutely hate the treadmill its so boring but because we have one in the house i kinda force myself because its cheaper than the gym.
    I have found watching something on my ipad whilst i walk/run (i.e episode of corrie) makes it go much faster.

6. bugsbunny2000

Ours is in the sitting room to force me to get off my butt and do some walking/running without feeling like i'm "missing out" of TV.... still hasnt given me the motivation to use it in MONTHS but going to do a little bit every day next week and see if it helps my weight loss! :)