Roller Derby

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by gemini1, 28 February 2011 Social URL.

1. gemini1

gemini1 Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(24.56%)
    Diet:
    Diet & Exercise
    Anyone out there taken up Roller Derby or just Roller Skating? I attended my first practice session yesterday. My first time on skates for probably 15 years and my legs, bum and surprisingly top of my arms (bingo wings) are really sore this morning. :eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Summer

Summer Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.83%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Wish there was something like that in my area, I'm not brave enough to pop on a pair of skates and roll down the street! I used to love blading when I was younger and ice skating.

4. Lady_Amalthea

Lady_Amalthea Looking for Slimville!

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(31%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    :) I train with Dundee Roller Girls. It's such a good work out!! I'm hoping that shifting some weight will help up my stamina at practices though.

5. *Emma

*Emma Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13.5lb(11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm just about to start roller derby, and I can't wait! Just got to wait for my student loan at the end of the month to buy my skates and protective gear. I generally hate team sports, and feel exercising is a chore, so I'm hoping this will be so much fun that I don't even realise I'm exercising!

6. Gemstone1981

Gemstone1981 Full Member

I can't help but wish we had a group near me - sadly we don't but I am in the process of saving for some outdoor quad skates and pads so I can go skating on the promenade near me (living on the kent coast has a couple of perks).... any recommendations would be good:D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.