Roller Derby

gemini1

Anyone out there taken up Roller Derby or just Roller Skating? I attended my first practice session yesterday. My first time on skates for probably 15 years and my legs, bum and surprisingly top of my arms (bingo wings) are really sore this morning. :eek:

Wish there was something like that in my area, I'm not brave enough to pop on a pair of skates and roll down the street! I used to love blading when I was younger and ice skating.

:) I train with Dundee Roller Girls. It's such a good work out!! I'm hoping that shifting some weight will help up my stamina at practices though.

I'm just about to start roller derby, and I can't wait! Just got to wait for my student loan at the end of the month to buy my skates and protective gear. I generally hate team sports, and feel exercising is a chore, so I'm hoping this will be so much fun that I don't even realise I'm exercising!

I can't help but wish we had a group near me - sadly we don't but I am in the process of saving for some outdoor quad skates and pads so I can go skating on the promenade near me (living on the kent coast has a couple of perks).... any recommendations would be good:D

Back