rooie's food diary

Wed 23rd Feb

B -Half a grapefruit and Hot Oat Krumbly Fruit with skimmed milk.

L -Minestrone soup.

S -Two clementines.

D -Broccoli lemon chicken with rice noodles. Mint chocolate ice cream cone.

Thu 24th Feb

B -Natural yogurt with blueberries and muesli.

L -Minestrone soup.

D -Smoked salmon and mushroom tagliatelle. Small mint aero bar.

Wed 2nd March

B -Half a grapefruit and porridge with skimmed milk.

L -Leek and potato soup.

S -Two clementines and natural yogurt.

D -Five-vegtable lasagne and three small slices of garlic bread.

Just want to say your food diary is fab! It all sounds so healthy and delicious! Go you!!!

Hi Rooie,
I was just reading your food diary..your dinners sound delicious!. If you get a spare minute sometime, maybe you could post the recipe for your Thai Prawn Curry and the Cider Chicken with Mustard Mash..yum, yum.

Hi Rooie,
I was just reading your food diary..your dinners sound delicious!. If you get a spare minute sometime, maybe you could post the recipe for your Thai Prawn Curry and the Cider Chicken with Mustard Mash..yum, yum.

Hi HappyEm, thanks for your comment. I haven't done a Thai Prawn Curry, maybe you read that on someone elses diary? But I can give you the chicken recipe.

(I halve the recipe as I make it for two people)

Chicken with apples and cider

Serves 4. Per Serving, 269kcal Fat 7g Sat Fat 1g.

Ingredients- 2 tbsp oil (I use fry light)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 onion, cut into wedges
2 eating apples, peeled cored and each cut into 8 wedges
300ml dry cider
150ml chicken stock

Rice or mashed potato to serve. (I use a dash of milk and a heaped teaspoon of wholegrain mustard to plain mashed potatoes)

1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside. Lower the heat slightly and add the onion. Fry, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until tinged brown. Add the apple and cook over a high heat for 5 minutes until golden.
2. Still over a high heat, pour in the cider and bubble for 2 minutes to reduce slightly. Add the stock, stirring to scrape the bits from the bottom of the pan. Lower the heat.
3. Return the chicken to the pan, cover and simmer for 5 minutes until it is almost cooked. Remove the lid and simmer for 3-4 minutes to thicken the sauce a little. Season and serve.

Taken from BBC Good Food 101 Low-Fat Feasts recipe book.

Wed 9th March

B -Banana

L -Jacket potato and baked beans

S -Half a cereal bar

D -Tortellini pasta soup

Hi Rooie!
Thanks for that!!..it sounds delicious. I don't know where I got the Thai curry from..I keep reading people's food diaries and picking up nice dishes here and there. You're doing great with your healthy eating!

I've had such a busy time recently and eating out more often, I've not done very well with my healthy eating. But I'm focused again now and I'm back into my routine.

Mon 14th March

B -Half a grapefruit and Alpen muesli with skimmed milk.

L -Salad.

S -Fruit salad with natural yogurt.

D -Jacket potato and baked beans.

Tue 15th March

B -Half a grapefruit and two oatibix with skimmed milk.

L -Chicken and orzo soup.

S -A banana.

D -Venison casserole with mash and green beans.

Wed 16th March

B -Half a grapefruit and porridge.

L -Chicken and orzo soup.

S -Chocolate and marzipan bar.

D -Venison casserole with mash and green beans.

Thu 17th March

B -Half a grapefruit and muesli.

L -Minestrone soup.

S -A slice of banana and walnut loaf.

D -Broccoli lemon chicken with rice noodles.

Sun 20th March

B -Half a grapefruit and two oatibix.

L -Jacket potato and baked beans.

D -Butter bean stew and cheddar mash.

Mon 21st March

B -Half a grapefruit and muesli.

L -Curried vegtable soup.

D -Spagetti bolognese.

Hi Rooie!
I'm still loving your food diary!. Did you make the banana & walnut loaf yourself?..it sounds really nice.

Hi, Yeah I made it myself from a 'Cook yourself thin' recipe book. I can give you the recipe if you would like, just let me know. I make one, cut it into slices and freeze them. The idea being I will eat less, but as you can see I'm having it most days, I've had my last slice today however. It's a favourite recipe of mine as it's a great way to use up bananas that have gone too far.

Wed 23rd March

B -Half a grapefruit and porridge.

L -Minestrone soup.

S -Banana and walnut loaf.

D -Chicken and leek stew with parsley dumplings and mixed vegtables.

Back