rooie's food diary

Hi Rooie!
Would you believe I bought that book a few weeks ago and that's what inspired me to eat healthy. We don't eat desserts really in this house (apart from banana & date flapjacks-addicted!) so I skimmed over that section. I found the recipe earlier and I'm going to get some brown sugar this week and make it up. Great idea about freezing the slices!!..that will suit me to de-frost one before work at the weekend..I'd say they're filling.

Oh that's brilliant, yes it is very filling and very yummy too. A great treat, that you don't have to feel too guilty about!

Thu 24th March

B -Half a grapefruit and two oatibix.

L -Minestrone soup.

S -A banana.

D -Slow cooked chilli with sour cream and Tortillas.

Fri 25th March

B -Half a grapefruit and porridge.

L -Curried vegtable soup.

S -A banana.

D -Spagetti and meatballs.

Sat 26th March

B -Half a grapefruit and muesli.

L -Curried vegtable soup.

S -Four squares of dark chocolate.

D -Slow cooked chilli with sour cream and tortillas.

Had a week where I have just eaten what I wanted and was too ashamed to write it all down. Bad I know. But I felt awful and want to get back to eating well.

Mon 4th April

B -A pear and two oatibix.

L -Tomato and mascarpone soup.

S -Tracker bar.

D -Sausage and bean stew with cheddar and parsley mash.

Liking the new section for diaries.

Tue 5th April

B -A pear and tropical fruit granola.

L -Chicken and orzo soup.

S -A banana.

D -Chicken and leek stew with parsley dumplings and carrots and peas.

Wed 6th April

B -Half a grapefruit and porridge.

L -Chicken and orzo soup.

S -Tropical fruit granola and skimmed milk.

D -Meatballs and spagetti.

Hi Rooie

Am liking your menus :)

Do you make the chicken and orzo soup or is it that lovely Marco Pierre White one?? - that is the soup is lovely, not so much Marco Pierre White! ;)

Thanks Jupiter.

Yep it's the MPW soup. I like how much chicken you get in it, feels like good value for money. Except Marco's name seems to have disappeared from it, it's just called 'Glorious' now.

Thu 7th April

L -NCG Hey pesto soup.

S -Starbucks mango and passionfruit blended drink and a cookie from Ben's.

D -Tuna Pasta.

Didn't do well while out this afternoon. I tried really hard to resist the cookie but failed. Gave me really bad hicups though, that should teach me!

Ach, one wee cookie - not like it was a whole pack of them. You're doing really well. I'd love to be able to have grapefruit in my plan since I know how good it is for you - I just can't stick the taste :(!

Ach, one wee cookie - not like it was a whole pack of them. You're doing really well. I'd love to be able to have grapefruit in my plan since I know how good it is for you - I just can't stick the taste :(!

Thanks Lady_Amalthea, you're right, it could have been worse, I could have bought a box of five! (like I would have done in the past)

Shame about not liking grapefruit, luckily I love them, but I have to have the red ones, I don't like the white.

Fri 8th April

B -Half a grapefruit and two oatibix.

L -NCG Hey pesto soup.

S -M&S fruit and nut flapjack.

D -Seabass with salad.

You eat grapefruit every morning is it a fat burning food?

How do you cook your seabass as hubby likes seabass but I've never cooked it.

I have read that grapefruit is good for that, but I buy it because it is a cheap fruit! And it's nice and easy in the morning.

I just cooked the seabass per the instructions on the packet, olive oil in the pan, and three mins on each side.

i always try to have fruit first thing too. and then i have some cereals or something. i find it helps to make me feel like i've eaten plenty. i know what you mean about not writing about the over eat days! :) congrats on getting back on track!

Thanks bexshaw, I was back on track, today hasn't been so good. I'm helping out with a giant baking session (seven different types of cakes and bakes), so in addition to my meals today add on countless licked spoons and spatulas!

Sat 9th April

B -Half a grapefruit and museli.

L -Minestrone verde soup.

D -Venison burger, salad and potato wedges.

Sun 10th Apr

L -Half a chicken and bacon salad sandwich.

D -Chicken zorba with pittas, salad and hummus & yogurt.

Back