roosnanny wombles back :-)

Morning Lainey, isn't it lovely

hi jim
yes it's beautiful.
difficult day for me yesterday,husband in hospital :( took some chicken with me as i know hospital food isn't exactly the greatest. forgot it was in there so didn't eat it,as i had forgotten the cool bag.
had kfc chicken(no chips)still have ketones,but looks like i gained 1/2 a pound probably not enough water too.
anyhoo,will take cool bag today,and drink some water,as no doubt it will be warm in there .

Yes, hope things are okay, RN.

Morning lainey, how's your hubby? I hope it wasn't anything serious love

aww thanks guys.
inflamed gall bladder with infection :cry:
they have the pain under control now
and he has IV drip and antibiotics going in and painkillers.
through the dozy haze of the meds he tells me that once the infection is sorted,he'll go home and they'll book him in for six weeks time to have it taken out,
what on earth ? he's in a bed already,take the dam thing out !!!!!!:mad:
going to dig out the Axa policy.
now a little about me........i miss my right arm,and cry myself to sleep,haha only been together more than 20 years !
eating ok,not proper amounts,but have not got the stomache for it,while i'm pinning lol. but have not fallen away,and been tempted by the take away fairy,thank heavens.
anyhoo.
love to you all,and thanks for asking.
:D

Bless you. Well done for being on the straight and narrow, miraculous while under such stress. And I suppose if it's NHS and a non emergency surgery, that's the reason for the wait? If it's private surely it should be quicker... Unless he needs to finish the antibiotics first?

well i think they want the infection down,but the way i'm thinking is that,if he comes home and it flares up,he'll have to go back anyway so what's the point?
any nurses here who want to input what they think please do lol
also and i guess i'm just venting my frustrations,so please forgive me..........
he had a Mri thingie yesterday morning,but no one came around and told him the results :mad: lovely little nurse bless her said they would be around in the morning..........but his painkillers make him spaced out,and i'm worried he won't remember what they've said,and then they'll bog off and i'll be none the wiser :mad:

Morning lainey, so what's happening now then love?

morning Jim,beautiful day it is. :D
well sorry to say my eating is a disgrace,
don't get me wrong i've not eaten off plan,it's just i've eaten next to nothing,and the water consumption is next to nothing too.i do just really go to bits when he's not here,which isn't good,as i need strength and energy,but food seems last on my list,and i have no appatite(sp)either.
on the up side of this DH is getting better and i should have him home in the next couple of days,whoooooooo hooooooooo
i actually can't wait. !!!!!!

Delighted he's getting better and hope you get him home soon!
Xxx

Morning lainey, it's uderstandable how you feel love, at least there is good news now. Chin up love. ;)

thanks guys
Dietkitty.....is yours plating up ?
you poor darling,gosh i feel for you,really i do.
well.....he phoned me last night to tell
me he had no dinner ! said somehow they forgot him,but it diddn't matter,
poor bloke is so out of it on painreleif he's not even bothered.so wifey went to bed less that happy.
phones me this morning,someone has told him off for not realising he had been missed then moaning about it this morning,now wifey is on the war path:mad:
he's had breakfast,and is written down for lunch and dinner.
he could be home today if bloods come back clear enough,now my friends here's where you come in,he will be going back there for the op,so do i whoopass or not ?
i don't expect anyone to be treated that way,ever,but especially when they are in hospital and vunerable.

Morning Lainey :) How's hubby?

morning Jim,thanks for asking :D
blood tests,then confermation of operation date i think.
coping well with low fat diet,all blandish
kinds of stuff.
me....well i'm pleased with the fact that the ketone fairy sprinkled ketones back on me,after my garlic bread and ever so naught new potatoes,then the episode with the cream egg !! :eek:
i am really thankfull,as i was begining to feel anoyed with myself,especially with the egg,as thinking on it now,it wasn't really that tasty,if i'm honest,and it could have caused a binge for a few days,and yadda yadda we know how that goes.
so i had bacon,egg,and sozzies for breakfast,and carrying on with trying to sort out what pre formed pond i need to buy..........so many to choose from...so many depths to think about.......

Mine is gastritis but according to the doc the sypmtoms are so similar they are often initially confused. I seem to be getting there though. Had to stick with bland low fat food for a few days so am completely off plan but it was a case of needs must.

You're having a pond Lainey, for fish or just decorative?

Back