Rosemary Conley Question

Hi there.

Can anyone tell me if there is a lower weight limit on Rosemary Conley?

A relative of mine has been doing this for sometime and we are starting to become concerned. We have worked it out that if they are telling the truth about their current weight, their BMI is now 20.5. Yet they continue to attend class each week and are not at goal, they are very thin and they wear baggy clothes to hide their body.. We have tried to ask questions but they get very defensive.
Can anyone that attends their class tell me if this is usual practice please?

Hi BETTY BUMP,
When I FIRST started going to group ,we used to have amember that was terribly thin ,like your relative who used to getr weighed as well as exercise ,nothing was said to her ,I mentioned it to other members really it should nt bbe alowed ,however some people just go for the exercise ,maybe it depends on the leader /francise
we have anew leader I DONT FIND HER VERY HELPFUL regarding the diet side of rc ,some just do it for the money at present not going to group as cant exercise for health reasons so just doing it at home
DONE sw before ,they dont allow you to join under a certain weight
ww is the same on this if you know who the leader is andgroup oof your relative maybe could phone them and see what they have to say about it ,Afew yrs ago my mother got extremely thin I went to see her dr as Was so worried about it without her knowing.
TO BE honest I CANT RECALL SEEING anything that states the lowest weight you can be at rc depending on your bmi it did in the sw info I had
the person was talking about was at target I think? and she goes to a different group nearer home now.

Last edited:
Well they have lost another 1lb this week so I know they are still losing, I would also have concerns now that it would take them to a BMI of 20 or slightly under?
I have looked all around the RC website and I could not see any info that would state the lower limit that they accept, but I believe the healthy range for BMI is 20-25? So it really concerns me that they are still happy for her to continue losing weight! I think I will have to contact the club in some way and ask their thoughts. I am starting to become very scared as I know they are now not eating a healthy balanced diet. (I know thats a bit pot and kettle as I am overweight myself!) But you don't have to be overweight to be unhealthy!

Back