RTM or Development.....dilemma

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Morticia, 11 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Morticia

Morticia Happy in my own skin

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(30.6%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hi folks,

I've got a bit of a dilemma that I'm trying to get sorted in my head. I'm almost at target (5lb to go) and have 2 weeks left of LL.

I'm going on holiday in 4 weeks and don't want to go away on 4 packs so would like to be on RTM by that time.

To anyone who has made the transition, would it be better to go straight from foundation to RTM to give me a few weeks to get into it before my holiday. Or would it be a good idea to do 2 weeks of development to reduce my weight slightly before going on holiday and doing RTM?

I suppose I'm worried about the second option because I feel maybe just reintroducing food when I have less control over my choices might lead to stress and making bad choices.

Any thoughts? :eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    hi there
    you will be at target hopefully by the end of foundation so i would go to RTM.
    That way by the time you go on hoilday it will be much easier for you to eat with friends & family.
    I found the first couple of weeks RTM quite restrictive, but by week 4 things are much better choice wise - and your body is reacting better to food too.

daisy x

4. Morticia

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(30.6%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hi Daisy,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it.

5. thin_inside

thin_inside I Can Do This!

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st3lb(32.95%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    All the best whatever you decide. RTM is not something I have experienced yet, but looking forward to it.

6. Surreystar

Surreystar Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(29.41%)
    Diet:
    Watching what I eat!
    Hi Morticia
    I had a similar dilemma as you, although my holiday was only 2 weeks following the end of foundation, I chatted through my options with my LLC and I decided to stay on 4 packs a day until my holiday. On my 2 week all inclusive holiday I had 3 meals a day (protein, veg and salad (and tried a little of the desserts)) and no alcohol, on my return I had lost 2.5lbs! I'm now in the 3rd week of RTM and feel great having lost 2 lb the first week and SS the second, weigh in tomorrow night.
    Good luck with whatever you do - and enjoy your holiday

7. Morticia

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(30.6%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Thanks for the advice Surreystar. :D

8. Anders

Anders Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st2lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(27.56%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I had a similar choice - I wanted to make sure that I was well into RTM before I went on holiday. With 5 lbs to go I can't see that it would be a problem. The further you are into RTM the more choice you will have in the restaurants - just be careful what you choose and remember you don't have to eat everything on your plate!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.