RTM or Development.....dilemma

Morticia

Happy in my own skin
Hi folks,

I've got a bit of a dilemma that I'm trying to get sorted in my head. I'm almost at target (5lb to go) and have 2 weeks left of LL.

I'm going on holiday in 4 weeks and don't want to go away on 4 packs so would like to be on RTM by that time.

To anyone who has made the transition, would it be better to go straight from foundation to RTM to give me a few weeks to get into it before my holiday. Or would it be a good idea to do 2 weeks of development to reduce my weight slightly before going on holiday and doing RTM?

I suppose I'm worried about the second option because I feel maybe just reintroducing food when I have less control over my choices might lead to stress and making bad choices.

Any thoughts? :eek:

hi there
you will be at target hopefully by the end of foundation so i would go to RTM.
That way by the time you go on hoilday it will be much easier for you to eat with friends & family.
I found the first couple of weeks RTM quite restrictive, but by week 4 things are much better choice wise - and your body is reacting better to food too.

daisy x

Hi Daisy,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it.

All the best whatever you decide. RTM is not something I have experienced yet, but looking forward to it.

Hi Morticia
I had a similar dilemma as you, although my holiday was only 2 weeks following the end of foundation, I chatted through my options with my LLC and I decided to stay on 4 packs a day until my holiday. On my 2 week all inclusive holiday I had 3 meals a day (protein, veg and salad (and tried a little of the desserts)) and no alcohol, on my return I had lost 2.5lbs! I'm now in the 3rd week of RTM and feel great having lost 2 lb the first week and SS the second, weigh in tomorrow night.
Good luck with whatever you do - and enjoy your holiday

Thanks for the advice Surreystar. :D

I had a similar choice - I wanted to make sure that I was well into RTM before I went on holiday. With 5 lbs to go I can't see that it would be a problem. The further you are into RTM the more choice you will have in the restaurants - just be careful what you choose and remember you don't have to eat everything on your plate!

Back