Ruby's Starting Over (Again!)

Morning everyone! Right that's it, I'm snapping myself out of this funk and getting back to being the happy, go-lucky me. Work may suck at the moment but at least I have a job and that it pays a decent-ish wage is a bonus. Hopefully after this week, things will start to get back to normal and I can start exercising again which will help lift my mood even more. Right, on to the food:

Week 2, Day 5 - Green

Breakfast - Activia ff yogurt, banana

Lunch - 2 wholemeal rolls with Linda McCartney red onion sausages, mushrooms and BBQ sauce, carrot and cucumber sticks, cherry tomatoes

Dinner - Pasta Bake (pasta, chopped tomatoes, mixed peppers, onion, mushrooms, spinach, cheese)

Snacks - 2 clementines, banana

HEA - 28g cheddar
HEB - 60g wholemeal roll x2
Syns - 2

I've been thinking about these sausage and mushroom rolls all week! I've had the rolls sitting in the bread box and no idea what to do with them when I was struck by a moment of genius! They better live up to my expectations is all I'm saying. No real plans for tonight; OH has had a tough week at work too and will probably want a couple of beers tonight but I shall resist. Might have a pamper evening with a couple of films. Just have 7 hours of work to get through first.

ETA: Forgot I was having a green day and could therefore have 2 HEB's so just syns for the BBQ sauce and maybe I can sneak a weetabix bar in as well now!

Last edited:
Bad news about the job but good about the computer and that you had a very good on plan day!

Thanks, it's a miracle really that I've managed to stick to plan. Usually I would be eating my emotions and especially with the cold weather now, I just want to eat and sleep all the time! I think the thought that I actually have a wedding dress now is keeping me on track. Plus I have a treat day planned next Wednesday (we have an exciting day planned to celebrate 1 year till the wedding, kind of a -1 year anniversary) so I want to be good till then in order to minimise the damage!

Thanks, it's a miracle really that I've managed to stick to plan. Usually I would be eating my emotions and especially with the cold weather now, I just want to eat and sleep all the time! I think the thought that I actually have a wedding dress now is keeping me on track. Plus I have a treat day planned next Wednesday (we have an exciting day planned to celebrate 1 year till the wedding, kind of a -1 year anniversary) so I want to be good till then in order to minimise the damage!

Aw what a nice idea! One I think I shall steal! ;) What are you going to get up to? xxxx

Aw what a nice idea! One I think I shall steal! ;) What are you going to get up to? xxxx

Well we're going to pop to the venue in the morning to have breakfast in the Cafe and see what the gardens are like at this time of year. Then we're going into London for a mooch around and lunch out somewhere before meeting with the jeweller who made my engagement ring to talk about wedding rings. Then bit more of a mooch around London (OH has something planned apparently). Finally we won a meal for two at a fancy local restaurant over the summer so thought we'd take advantage of that as well! So lots of good food and wine! Oh and we're popping into the registrars to pay some more money since we booked them with over a year to go and might try and give notice too if we can but not sure as it's a year to the day and you have to do it within the year or something.

Just popping in to say that my lunch definitely lived up to my expectations! Feeling very full at the moment though which will hopefully carry me through till dinner tonight!

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ! :wavey:

Just doing a quick catch up on diaries :p. Hope your well hun, have missed you ! :D I'm struggling to get my mojo back. Think I'm looking at a 7lb gain :eek:, I've not weighed for a few weeks. Anyway hope your well, thank you for your lovely messages on my diary about the job, I really appreciate it. Hope your having a lovely weekend :):) .

Kay xx

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ! :wavey:

Just doing a quick catch up on diaries :p. Hope your well hun, have missed you ! :D I'm struggling to get my mojo back. Think I'm looking at a 7lb gain :eek:, I've not weighed for a few weeks. Anyway hope your well, thank you for your lovely messages on my diary about the job, I really appreciate it. Hope your having a lovely weekend :):) .

Kay xx

Hi Kay, have replied on your diary, I'm sure you'll make the right decision about the next step of your weight loss journey.

Morning everyone! Hope you all had a nice weekend. Went to a wedding show on Saturday and ended up with free tickets to the races in a couple of weeks! OH has found some suits he really likes so we're just waiting to hear back from my dad and then we'll probably order those. Ended up in Pizza Hut on Saturday and I went a little overboard. Managed to claw it back yesterday and have managed to STS this week. Really need to get the weight shifted so will be making a concerted effort with the exercise this week (starting tonight) and apart from my planned off-plan day on Wednesday, I'll be on plan and low syn all the way!

Week 3, Day 1 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Porridge (made with water), honey, blueberries

Lunch - Carot and Lentil soup (carrots, lentils, onion, ginger, stock), carrot and cucumber sticks, cherry tomatoes

Dinner - Cottage pie, with lots of veg on the side

Snacks - Banana, 2 clementines

HEA - 28g Cheese on top of cottage pie
HEB - 35g porridge oats
Syns - 2
Exercise - 30 minutes low impact cardio

Oh and I'm just freaking out slightly here as apparently I have an interview for a new job this afternoon! Applied for it in a moment of madness last week, was invited to a pre-interview test this afternoon but they've changed their minds and it's an actual interview now. Not prepared at all, just about look presentable (I prefer wearing a jacket rather than a cardigan to an interview) and my boss isn't here to OK it so I'm just leaving in the middle of the day!

Morning everyone. Yesterday went very well. It was just a test after all, and it was fairly straightforward. Only problem was that I couldn't finish it all but in my mind there was no way you could have finished all of the tasks in 30 minutes! Will know on Thursday if I passed and then the interviews are next Monday. Was so wiped out when I got home, as was OH, so we ordered a chinese. I wasn't too naughty; duck with steamed mixed vegetables and boiled rice and then I snuck a few chips as well. Today is going to be a repeat of yesterday breakfast / lunch wise and with the cottage pie we should have had last night, so I won't relist it all again.

So excited for our day out tomorrow. Rather scared also as it means there is a year to W-Day and then the pressure is on to get to target and tone up my body.

Morning everyone! Had such a good day yesterday; we ordered our wedding rings, had a nice walk through some of the parks in London and ate some delicious food! Oh and drank some lovely champagne also, which is making my head feel a little bit fizzy this morning. Not great when you have a lot of work to be getting on with. Not really feeling up to eating much today but shall try and be as on plan as possible. Will update food later.

Hey honey super exciting times with the interview and the ordering of the wedding rings and your day out! Wow now less than one year until your wedding day! :)

xxxx

Morning everyone! Just a quick update: ended up in hospital on Friday night because my left arm swelled to twice it's size. Turns out I have tendonitis and have to wear a splint for a week. Typing is quite difficult (and painful) so I'm trying to take it easy and therfore might not be on mins much this week. Still have to be at work though :(

Have put 2lbs on but that's because I ended up eating KFC, a whole box of french fancies and some chocolate cake on Sunday. Been back on plan yesterday and already feel better. Today looks like this:

4th November - Green

Breakfast - Porridge made with water (1 x HEB), banana, 1 tspn of honey (1 syn)

Lunch - Leek and potato soup, carrot and cucumber sticks, cherry tomatoes

Dinner - Meatball pasta bake (Quorn meatballs, pasta, chopped tomatoes, mixed peppers, peas, herbs), grated cheddar (1 x HEA)

Snacks - 2 clementines, manog, kiwi, pommegranate seeds, chewy D ( 1 x HEB)

Hope you're all keeping well and have a great week!

That is rubbish having to be at work when you're in pain :(

Glad you're feeling better with your yummy healthy eats xxxx

That is rubbish having to be at work when you're in pain :(

Glad you're feeling better with your yummy healthy eats xxxx

Apparently I'm fine if I can type with the other hand! Have so much work to do but can't seem to get into it.

Oh and I had my interview yesterday, will find out Friday if I've got the job or not. It wasn't awful but it wasn't brilliant either. Plus it looks like they minght want to keep me on here anyway. So will just have to wait and see.

Ah that's not fair bless you. And I bet - can totally understand why!

Keep us updated job wise! Hope it works out either way!

xxxx

Ah that's not fair bless you. And I bet - can totally understand why!

Keep us updated job wise! Hope it works out either way!

xxxx

Thanks, I could end up with two job offers or no job offers so as long as I have one job offer by the end of next week I'll be happy.

Morning everyone! Typing one handed is actually not that bad and I'm getting quite good at it. Hopefully I don't get the same problem in this hand because of it! Feeling really bloated today which isn't good, and I'm hoping copius amounts of water and peppermint tea will sort me out.

Going to the fireworks tonight so hoping I can leave work early.

5th November - Green

Breakfast - Porridge made with water (1 x HEB, although half of it ended up all over the microwave), banana, honey (1 syn)

Dinner - Vegetable curry (cauliflower, potato, mixed peppers, spinach, passata, garlic, ginger, curry powder) with rice.

Snacks - 2 clementines, Chewy D (HEB) and chocolate oaty milk (HEA)

The curry should be bubbling away in the slow cooker when I get home and it smelt quite good when I was putting it together last night.

Fireworks last night were great, as was the torch procession beforehand. Arm is really killing me today; keep getting these strange shooting pains with the aching and pinching too. May have to back to the GP next week about it, fun!

6th November - Green

Breakfast - Porridge made with water (HEB), banana, honey (1 syn)

Dinner - Homity Pie (HEA x 2), LM red onion sausages

Snacks - 2 clemtines, chewy D

Hello hun :), hope your well lovely, just doing a quick round of diaries, hope to catch up properly in the week. Hope you have a fab week ahead ! ;)

Kay xx

:bighug:

Back