Ruby's Starting Over (Again!)

Yeah I think I'll know when I'm happy with my size. Still want some curves and want to be toned but other than that, I'm pretty easy with the number of the scales. Sticking to plan is definitely the hard part!

I'm not that creative / crafty even though I wish I was, so we paid someone to design them (about £45) and then we just have to print them ourselves. There isn't any cravy folding involved, just A5 bits of card tied together with some string. We've booked a band but haven't actually seen them live yet. One of my friend's has and loved them so they can't be that bad and they have really really good reviews online. Plus they were well within our budget and they come with a proper DJ as well. I have already bought my dress (and shoes) as I knew what I wanted and I found it for 20% off. It's going to arrive about June next year and it's fairly easy to alter so I'm not too worried about losing even more weight. I take it you have your dress already?

I think shape is a much better indicator really- after my 1st stone I didn't really notice but the last couple of lbs have changed my shape!
Your invitations sound very reasonable! I thought they'd be much pricier than that but my MiL to-be has always wanted to help with the stationary lol.
Ahh cool, what kind of band have you gone for? There's plenty of time if you wanted to go and see them beforehand :)
Good to get a bargain with your dress too! Worth buying with that discount. Yes I got my dress at the end of August- surprised at both my choice and the speed of choosing it! I vaguely remember you posting a pic of your shoes a while ago now. I'm not a stalker honest ;-) just slightly wedding obsessed lol.
I'm thinking about having my shoes as my 'something blue' and getting some crazy ones. No one will see unless I show them!

I think shape is a much better indicator really- after my 1st stone I didn't really notice but the last couple of lbs have changed my shape!
Your invitations sound very reasonable! I thought they'd be much pricier than that but my MiL to-be has always wanted to help with the stationary lol.
Ahh cool, what kind of band have you gone for? There's plenty of time if you wanted to go and see them beforehand :)
Good to get a bargain with your dress too! Worth buying with that discount. Yes I got my dress at the end of August- surprised at both my choice and the speed of choosing it! I vaguely remember you posting a pic of your shoes a while ago now. I'm not a stalker honest ;-) just slightly wedding obsessed lol.
I'm thinking about having my shoes as my 'something blue' and getting some crazy ones. No one will see unless I show them!

That's really nice of your future MiL to help with the stationary; mine just wants me to have the same wedding stuff as her daughter because she gets a bigger discount for buying things in bulk.

Band is rock / indie and they play a wide variety of stuff so all our guests will be catered for. They're doing a gig in London in a couple of weeks so I hope we can squeeze in some time to go see them play. Having problems deciding on what music we want played at the ceremony though; my mum wants me to have the bridal march for walking in to but we're not getting married in a church and I think it would just be a little weird. Then OH want's something fun for us to walk out to but I have no idea what!?

My shoes are also my something blue and are a bit 'out' there. My mum kept saying that I should be showing them off more but I like that they'll be a surprise for anyone I chose to show them to. As long as they're comfortable and you can walk in them then it shouldn't matter what your shoes look like.

Morning everyone! Think * week is arriving today as I'm feeling crampy and blah. Just need to make it through till 2pm and then I'm leaving to go to the GP about my stupid wrist, which isn't hurting as much today (typical!) Sausage casserole last night was very yummy and I'm excited about my leftovers for lunch today. Just hoping I get a chance to eat it before I leave today.

18th November - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Porridge (HEB), mixed berries, honey (2 syns)

Lunch - Sausage casserole (2 syns)

Dinner - Fish, SW chips and mushy peas

Snack - Pear, 2 clementines, carrot and cucumber sticks, cherry tomatoes

Loving the wedding talk :)

Hope you've not got too much tummy pain xxxx

That's really nice of your future MiL to help with the stationary; mine just wants me to have the same wedding stuff as her daughter because she gets a bigger discount for buying things in bulk.

Band is rock / indie and they play a wide variety of stuff so all our guests will be catered for. They're doing a gig in London in a couple of weeks so I hope we can squeeze in some time to go see them play. Having problems deciding on what music we want played at the ceremony though; my mum wants me to have the bridal march for walking in to but we're not getting married in a church and I think it would just be a little weird. Then OH want's something fun for us to walk out to but I have no idea what!?

My shoes are also my something blue and are a bit 'out' there. My mum kept saying that I should be showing them off more but I like that they'll be a surprise for anyone I chose to show them to. As long as they're comfortable and you can walk in them then it shouldn't matter what your shoes look like.

Ohh I don't like the sound of having the same for convenience :-( weddings can be such happy times yet cause so much trouble! I'm probably public enemy as I'm not inviting children to the ceremony.
Band sound great! I'm looking at a punk band but wasn't sure if it was appropriate?! I think they're good :p
With you on not having the wedding march- is there a song special to you that can be done acoustically for you to walk down the aisle to? With the Radio 1 live lounge there's some really unusual but brilliant acoustic versions of all sorts.
A friend of mine has kindly offered to play a song on his guitar for me to walk down to. Any talented friends?
Hmm fun songs to walk out to, tricky as it depends on what you normally like?! I quite like the idea of madness or something ska-ish.
Oh I haven't seen your shoes then! It's such a good idea I'm surprised I haven't read it before on all the weddingy sites. Looking forward to shopping for those! Wow long post, sorry ;-) x

Loving the wedding talk :)

Hope you've not got too much tummy pain xxxx

How are your plans coming? You have the advantage of a lot more time compared to the rest of us.

Ohh I don't like the sound of having the same for convenience :-( weddings can be such happy times yet cause so much trouble! I'm probably public enemy as I'm not inviting children to the ceremony.
Band sound great! I'm looking at a punk band but wasn't sure if it was appropriate?! I think they're good :p
With you on not having the wedding march- is there a song special to you that can be done acoustically for you to walk down the aisle to? With the Radio 1 live lounge there's some really unusual but brilliant acoustic versions of all sorts.
A friend of mine has kindly offered to play a song on his guitar for me to walk down to. Any talented friends?
Hmm fun songs to walk out to, tricky as it depends on what you normally like?! I quite like the idea of madness or something ska-ish.
Oh I haven't seen your shoes then! It's such a good idea I'm surprised I haven't read it before on all the weddingy sites. Looking forward to shopping for those! Wow long post, sorry ;-) x

We're not inviting children as well but only 2 of our close friend's actually have any so it's not a MAJOR drama (she says, hopefully...)

I'd say go with whatever music you want. I love a bit of ska / punk myself and will have the DJ playing some; as long as there's no offensive language then I don't care what music is playing, as long as it gets everyone up and dancing / moshing / skanking then that's the main thing! Sadly I don't have any talented friends but I'll have a scout around off-beat bride and other sites and see if I can get some inspiration!

It's Wednesday and I'm not happy. In fact I came into work this morning and almost burst into tears. Have an unprecedented amount of work to do this week, no motivation to do it and just not feeling good in myself. Doctor last night told me I have carpal tunnel syndrome in my wrist with tendonitis and the only solution is to wear a splint at night. Have been referred to have one specially made / fitted but that could take a couple of weeks. Going to stay strong and just try and power through the next couple of days till my review on Friday and then vent and hopefully I'll still have a job at the end of it!

19th November - Extra Easy

Breakfast
- Porridge (HEB), mixed berries, honey (2 syns)

Lunch - HM Vegetable soup, carrot and cucumber sticks, cherry tomatoes

Dinner - Roast chicken breast, SW roast potatoes and mixed veg

Snacks - Pear, banana, 2 clementines and maybe some ff greek yogurt too.

Oh no Ruby that sounds terrible :-( will you need an op for the carpal tunnel? I hope it's not too sore for you today, and fingers crossed work are sympathetic. Just take each task one at a time and you'll get through it :) x

They want to see how it goes with the splint first, then the next stage is steroid injections and then it may be surgery. I've got an underlying peripheral nerve problem anyway and a very high chance that I'll develop rheumatoid arthritis at some point in the future and this is all related to that. Just going to muddle through and not put myself under too much pressure at work (my right wrist is aching now due to all the extra work it's having to do!)

Morning everyone. Yesterday was just horrible and the less said about it the better. With the added complication of * week I didn't fancy my planned dinner last night so bought some chicken drumsticks on the way home and ate those with the skin on. Then OH bought some white bread home with him and I ended up eating 2 slices of toast, then a cheese sandwich and then 2 slices of bread and butter (all spaced out throughout the evening). It could have been worse, I could have ordered a pizza but instead I gorged on yummy white bread deliciousness. Feeling extra bloated today but have drawn a line under it and will get back on plan.

20th November - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Porridege (HEB) with banana and honey (2 syns)

Lunch - HM Vegetable Soup, carrot and cucumber sticks, cherry tomatoes

Dinner - Fish, SW chips, mushy peas

Snacks - Banana, pear, 2 clementines, mixed berries with greek yogurt and honey (2 syns)

Yes I do realise I'm having the same for dinner tonight that I had on Tuesday but that's because I planned it that way. With OH fasting 2 days a week, I find it difficult to then cook something just for me plus I love that meal anyway; it's perfect comfort food.

IT'S FRIDAY! The second best day of the week. And today is an especially good Friday as I've been offered a permanent post in my current job! They still have to re-advertise it (internally only and for 24 hours) and I'll have to re-interview, but that's just a formality apparently. It's nice to just have someone tell you that you're doing a good job and they appreciate all the effort you put in, especially when things have been a bit 'trying' recently.

That being said, I did succomb to a Chinese last night (chicken in black bean sauce with boiled rice and 'seaweed'). Line drawn and moving on.

21st November - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Porridge (HEB) and a banana

Lunch - HM Veg soup, carrot and cucumber sticks, cherry tomatoes

Dinner - Fish with mushy peas (maybe SW chips if I have time)

Snacks - 2 clementines, banana and some popcorn (6.5 syns) at book club.

Morning everyone! Weighed in this morning and somehow I've managed to STS. This is despite gorging on food at book club (pitta chips are amazing, as are chocolate drops, oreos and cheese and onion dip) and OH making me a bacon sandwich yesterday for brunch while I was eating my porridge with berries. So I have no idea what happened but I like it! Determined to stay on plan this week (and have lots of yummy food planned!) but first I have to get through a buffet lunch at work for an event that we're hosting.

24th November - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Porridge (HEB) with mixed berries and honey (2 syns)

Lunch - Carrot and cucumber sticks, cherry tomatoes and any SW friendly snacks I can find at the buffet

Dinner - Stir Fry with wholewheat noodles

Snacks - 2 clementines, pear and a hot chocolate (HEA + 3.5 syns)

2 weeks today I'll be in Prague and I can't wait! Need to get myself some new skinny jeans to tuck into my boots because it's going to be cold! On a wedding related note, our rings are ready! So will be picking those up at some point this week. Only 11 months and 5 days to go.

Well done on your STS and so exciting about Prague! Are you going for the Christmas markets? :) xx

Well done on your STS and so exciting about Prague! Are you going for the Christmas markets? :) xx

We're going for the markets and because it will be 4 years since we got engaged there. Plus we just love Prague in general. Don't know if I've said this before but it's that one place I would move to in an instant if I could!

Morning everyone! The less said about yesterday the better but I will say I only sat down to dinner at 9pm last night so feeling very sluggish today. Have a super important meeting that I could really do without and the world appears to have exploded in my inbox this morning. It's ok, it's not like I actually have a life to get home to tonight.

On a more SW related note - the buffet lunch yesterday actually turned into a mini Christmas dinner. Everyone was quite surprised when platters of turkey were wheeled in. I managed to stay relatively on plan and have turkey (without gravy), cabbage and butternut squash, boiled potatoes and some sprouts that looked like they had been fried with bacon. I'm not usually a sprout person but when you're sitting with the chief exec and senior managers and everyone else is eating theirs, you can't really leave anything on the plate. Plus the portions were pretty small anyway!

25th November - Extra Easy

Breakfast
- Porridge (HEB), strawbs and bloobs

Lunch - Tuna pasta salad (tuna, pasta, cherry tomatoes, gherkins, sweetcorn, mixed leaves)

Dinner - 'Hot dogs' (10 syns for sausages, bun and sauce), SW chips and salad

Snacks - banana, 2 clementines, pears, strawbs and bloobs with ff greek yogurt

Back